What is the highest speed you have driven car or truck.

millbank

First off I am not stupid anymore. At least not in the speeding category......If you read my post, you will know why.......

I used to drive a 97 ford mustang. I used to drive 100 mph almost every single day of my life....There was a stretch on the 105 freeway that I could get away with it. I did this for about 3 years. Till I totalled it driving 80+ on the streets. Some truck got in my way. Ooops. The insurance company put me 20% liable for speeding.

I had a race on the LA streets doing 80+ with some random dude. This may not sound like a big deal right, with the exception of my wife being 8 months pregnant. In my defense, I did ask my dumb wife at the time. Can I race this guy? She said YES. Omg we were stupid.

I raced a cop. A freaking cop. He gave me the "look". I THOUGHT IT WAS THE "LOOK". We were both doing like 60 on the street. When he pulled me over I told him "I thought you wanted to race" He said, "You must be the most stupidest person alive. Why would I race with a civilian? Im a police officer" He also cursed at me pretty bad. But he let me go. The way I got away with it is kept putting myself down. He would say I'm stupid. I would pretty much repeat the same stuff. "I'm so sorry. You are right. I'm so stupid" Stuff like that.

I have so many stories. I could write a book about the subject. I also had a 84 or 82 porsche 944.

Put it this way. For a short stretch of like 10 years, my coworkers didnt want to ride in the same car with me if I was driving.

You know, what the heck. Last story. I went to a stupid company softball game. I invited my girlfriend and my mom. The porsche sat 2 in the front and 2 in the back. The 2 in the back were made for like 7 year olds or something or midgets. Anyway my mom embarassed me somehow in front of my girlfriend. So on our way back I drove 110 on the freeway. Put mom in the back seat. My mom crying her butt off to slow down. Now whenever we bring this up, we just laugh at how stupid that was. I had the windows down so her hair was blowing all over the place. That is still funny to this day. lol

I am so lucky to be alive. Also I think Chef said you have to drive 80 just to keep up with traffic in la. That is pretty much accurate. I mean you can do 70, but you will passed so much that eventually you will move it to 80 yourself. This is true today. Not like 10 years ago.

Great stories!

That reminds me I also got over a hundred in my mom's Infiniti G37X. We were driving to New Jersey for my goddaughter's first communion. It was kinda late in the middle of nowhere so I started speeding up. Well the car automatically turns up the music as engine/outside noise increases which of course woke up my mom who mutters something so I let off the gas. She realizes we're slowing down and glances at the speedometer and I'm still over 90 and she starts yelling at me for going so fast with her in the car. She wasn't that mad, but I think it was more that it was a little bit of a disconcerting thing to wake up to. Thank god she did wake up then tho, because about a minute later there was a NYS trooper pulled over on the side of the road that would've got me for sure as I was basically the only car on the road.

I'm also so lucky to be alive- I feel you, Clippers! I've got a million stupid stories that I don't want to share since they'll make me look like a grade A moron / a-hole with no regard for the sanctity of life (mine and others'), but props to you for sharing! You're braver than I am!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stories!

That reminds me I also got over a hundred in my mom's Infiniti G37X. We were driving to New Jersey for my goddaughter's first communion. It was kinda late in the middle of nowhere so I started speeding up. Well the car automatically turns up the music as engine/outside noise increases which of course woke up my mom who mutters something so I let off the gas. She realizes we're slowing down and glances at the speedometer and I'm still over 90 and she starts yelling at me for going so fast with her in the car. She wasn't that mad, but I think it was more that it was a little bit of a disconcerting thing to wake up to. Thank god she did wake up then tho, because about a minute later there was a NYS trooper pulled over on the side of the road that would've got me for sure as I was basically the only car on the road.

I'm also so lucky to be alive- I feel you, Clippers! I've got a million stupid stories that I don't want to share since they'll make me look like a grade A moron / a-hole with no regard for the sanctity of life (mine and others'), but props to you for sharing! You're braver than I am!

they are good stories TODAY because no one got killed. kind of like a story that my dad had in his first experience with heavy snow in Idaho. He skidded badly across the whole street on a residential block. Finally stopped feet away from hitting some nice car. The owner was outside and told my dad, 'No problem, dont worry about it" My dad always says, "Well yeah, no problem, cause I didnt wreck your :censored: car!!! Or else there would be a serious problem" Ha ha.

Good drinking stories too. Maybe I was such an Ahole because of the bills. That part I'm not too sure.

First off I am not stupid anymore. At least not in the speeding category......If you read my post, you will know why.......

I used to drive a 97 ford mustang. I used to drive 100 mph almost every single day of my life....There was a stretch on the 105 freeway that I could get away with it. I did this for about 3 years. Till I totalled it driving 80+ on the streets. Some truck got in my way. Ooops. The insurance company put me 20% liable for speeding.

I had a race on the LA streets doing 80+ with some random dude. This may not sound like a big deal right, with the exception of my wife being 8 months pregnant. In my defense, I did ask my dumb wife at the time. Can I race this guy? She said YES. Omg we were stupid.

I raced a cop. A freaking cop. He gave me the "look". I THOUGHT IT WAS THE "LOOK". We were both doing like 60 on the street. When he pulled me over I told him "I thought you wanted to race" He said, "You must be the most stupidest person alive. Why would I race with a civilian? Im a police officer" He also cursed at me pretty bad. But he let me go. The way I got away with it is kept putting myself down. He would say I'm stupid. I would pretty much repeat the same stuff. "I'm so sorry. You are right. I'm so stupid" Stuff like that.

I have so many stories. I could write a book about the subject. I also had a 84 or 82 porsche 944.

Put it this way. For a short stretch of like 10 years, my coworkers didnt want to ride in the same car with me if I was driving.

You know, what the heck. Last story. I went to a stupid company softball game. I invited my girlfriend and my mom. The porsche sat 2 in the front and 2 in the back. The 2 in the back were made for like 7 year olds or something or midgets. Anyway my mom embarassed me somehow in front of my girlfriend. So on our way back I drove 110 on the freeway. Put mom in the back seat. My mom crying her butt off to slow down. Now whenever we bring this up, we just laugh at how stupid that was. I had the windows down so her hair was blowing all over the place. That is still funny to this day. lol

I am so lucky to be alive. Also I think Chef said you have to drive 80 just to keep up with traffic in la. That is pretty much accurate. I mean you can do 70, but you will passed so much that eventually you will move it to 80 yourself. This is true today. Not like 10 years ago.

very similar to you Clipper. I have been pulled over so many times I can't count.

No exaggeration here people, when I was younger (18-28ish) I literally lost track of how many tickets I had on my record at about 70. Not all of them speeding. Some wreckless driving, some window tints and other modifications. In my first 2 cars (Ford Tempo and Pontiac Sunbird) I was definitely "blacklisted". I would be pulled over in the middle of the night and the cop would say that my "tires were too bald and unsafe for the road" how the F*%K could he tell that while I was driving, and at 2am?

As far as my more recent and grown up driving habits. I still drive 80-100 every single day I drive. When I was commuting back and forth from Cheektowaga to Sullivan I would get pulled over all the time. 4 trips every 12 days for 2.5 years, I'd have to say I averaged at least once being pulled over every trip. There were times where I'd be pulled over 2-3 times each way. Life is a little different now that I have a badge and in law enforcement. I don't expect to get away with all of them. I'd have no problem of I wasn't let off the hook. But I'm not complaining.

That reminds me, when I bought my Benz, I test drive many cars. BMWs, Saabs, Mazda Speed6s. But the only one I wanted more than my C class was an Infinity G37X. I drove all the way out to Rochester from Buffalo one day. Told them If I liked it I wanted to take the car then and there (was done looking, I either liked it or I was going to buy the Benz) they were obviously good with that. I took it for a test drive. 6speed Manuel. On the 480 (I think). Got her up to 120 so fast I should have been killed. Ended up passing the exit and had to do a u-turn. For back, told them I wanted the car right then and there. Offered them $2k less than sticker. They told me they don't negotiate. I told them about the deal on the Benz, and they offered $700 off sticker. I figured if I walked out and gave them my info they would stop me on the way out. They didn't. I immediately drive back to Merc. Benz of Buffalo and purchased my Benz.

very similar to you Clipper. I have been pulled over so many times I can't count.

No exaggeration here people, when I was younger (18-28ish) I literally lost track of how many tickets I had on my record at about 70. Not all of them speeding. Some wreckless driving, some window tints and other modifications. In my first 2 cars (Ford Tempo and Pontiac Sunbird) I was definitely "blacklisted". I would be pulled over in the middle of the night and the cop would say that my "tires were too bald and unsafe for the road" how the F*%K could he tell that while I was driving, and at 2am?

As far as my more recent and grown up driving habits. I still drive 80-100 every single day I drive. When I was commuting back and forth from Cheektowaga to Sullivan I would get pulled over all the time. 4 trips every 12 days for 2.5 years, I'd have to say I averaged at least once being pulled over every trip. There were times where I'd be pulled over 2-3 times each way. Life is a little different now that I have a badge and in law enforcement. I don't expect to get away with all of them. I'd have no problem of I wasn't let off the hook. But I'm not complaining.

That reminds me, when I bought my Benz, I test drive many cars. BMWs, Saabs, Mazda Speed6s. But the only one I wanted more than my C class was an Infinity G37X. I drove all the way out to Rochester from Buffalo one day. Told them If I liked it I wanted to take the car then and there (was done looking, I either liked it or I was going to buy the Benz) they were obviously good with that. I took it for a test drive. 6speed Manuel. On the 480 (I think). Got her up to 120 so fast I should have been killed. Ended up passing the exit and had to do a u-turn. For back, told them I wanted the car right then and there. Offered them $2k less than sticker. They told me they don't negotiate. I told them about the deal on the Benz, and they offered $700 off sticker. I figured if I walked out and gave them my info they would stop me on the way out. They didn't. I immediately drive back to Merc. Benz of Buffalo and purchased my Benz.

Wow. I was bad. But lucky. Compared to my old days, I'm a saint now. I get pulled over once a year. Fight all my tickets. Win most of them. They are not all for speeds anymore. Cross double yellow, uturn, etc.

Lastly, for whatever reason I didnt get pulled over too many times like you mrags. The most was 3 times for speeding in a 6 month period and I got away with 2 of them. Now I drive 85 at the most on highways. 55 on the main streets. (65 on most highways and 35 on most streets is law in southern cali) Both are over the speed limits of course. But manageable.

The one habit that I really doubt I will EVER change is the full 3 second stop on residential streets. A ticket may calm me down for a bit, but I know I will go back to it. I kind of stop. Make sure no one will tbone me, then proceed. I rarely stop completely. I understand why the rule exists. But that's for everyone to follow, EXCEPT ME. Oh and driving while calling. I wont stop that either. It's the same as drinking a soda and driving. It's the same as talking to your passenger and driving.

Ps. Of course I passed the driving test on my first try. The instructor told me this at the conclusion,"I'm going to pass you. I know you know how to drive. Just slow down" Of course I LIED and said, "Yes, sir" He could tell I was a born speed demon.

Fastest unknown ... Was driving my 73 Mustang with a speedometer that went to 120 ... buried the needle. At the time I was behind a buddy in his 69 Charger with a speedometer that went to 160 .... He claimed 157 ... I don't believe that. Had a shop teacher that said over 100 mph, speedometers are inaccurate.

Have also done 100+ in a 78 Datsun, 76 Monte Carlo and 95 Thunderbird.

Now I keep things within 10 mph of the speed limit .... usually