Heat fans leave Gm. 6 early, down 4 with 28 seconds left

Wooderson

99.9% of American players go to college. And the majority don't come close to making the NBA. If you make the NBA, you have worked extremely hard to get there.

I agree with most of your other stuff but the LeBron hero worship is over the top. Face it, he took the easy route. The majority of the greats stay with their team until they win. LeBron had to join 2 other max contract guys because it was easier. That's cool but it definitely is going to taint his legacy to a lot of people.

And this has been an amazing series. SA didn't get enough credit for how good they are. They play amazing team basketball. But it's hard to imagine them bouncing back from that last. If that was the Bills, I would have a broken TV.

And Miami fans were the worst long before that last game.

Agreed... I realize, a lot of people were turned off by the NBA years ago as it was (maybe rightfully) perceived as a "me first" game...but teams like the Spurs, and Pistons in particular, early in this past decade, really illustrated that the team first approach can still work. I think the style of play has been elevated a lot over the last 10-12 years or so... inconsistant officiating is its' biggest problem right now.

Whenever any team loses (I live in Austin, only about an hour or so from San Antonio) a big game, they feel like they got jobbed by the officials. Spurs fans here, over the last 24 hours have been crying about how the officials gave game #6 to the Heat.. they point to a few plays at the end...all sort of subjective stuff... conveniently forgetting (IMO) that the officials were pretty kind to them on a number of occaisons early in the same game...and, hell, the missed a boat-load of free-throws down the stretch. The officials haven't been perfect, but the Spurs really only have themselves to blame for that loss. Game 7 (I am assuming a Heat win, though pulling for the Spurs) won't likely live up to game 6.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They brought out the trophy lol then the Spurs collapsed. Probably the biggest Collapse in NBA Finals history for a team.

This I can't agree with at all. The heat had stormed back. For the Spurs to even be ahead in the game they had to make plays and Parker hit a couple of great shots. That was a game the Spurs had in the bag until the 4th, the Heath had in the bag until there was 2 minutes left, and then the Spurs had it in the bag with 30 seconds to go. That was not even on any sort of scale for a biggest collapse ever.

I thought I addressed that in my post. Archie Manning never left NOLA. Sure that was before free agency. Would he have done it now? Not sure.

So and so never left when he couldnn't? That is your argument? Seriously? He left to win. Not to strike it rich like most players. None of the 3 took a max deal so they could all play together. They all could have been much much wealthier and instead made sacrifices to win. Your right though we should hate him because of a tv special that was 3 years ago.

I didn't like it when he did it, rooted hard for the Mavs, and was happy when they won it. Shoot I'm rooting for the Spurs in this series. That said last year you could see a light go on for LeBron. He figured it out. He became a winner. Game 6 last year against Boston was one for the ages. He has 2 triple doubles in these finals. He is the best basketball player on the planet. I wish some people would admit his greatness is what turns many off. Just like people hated Jordan and talked trash for any reason they could find (there's an active thread on here speaking to that) they are doing the same to LeBron. Enjoy this. We are getting to see a player that combines Magic's passing, Michael's scoring, and defensive ability we haven't seen before (he guards 1-5 whoever he needs to).

99.9% of American players go to college. And the majority don't come close to making the NBA. If you make the NBA, you have worked extremely hard to get there.

I agree with most of your other stuff but the LeBron hero worship is over the top. Face it, he took the easy route. The majority of the greats stay with their team until they win. LeBron had to join 2 other max contract guys because it was easier. That's cool but it definitely is going to taint his legacy to a lot of people.

And this has been an amazing series. SA didn't get enough credit for how good they are. They play amazing team basketball. But it's hard to imagine them bouncing back from that last. If that was the Bills, I would have a broken TV.

And Miami fans were the worst long before that last game. I couldn't care less for basketball but the reaction to fanatics especially the haters is priceless.

Hero warship? I am just laughing at the hatred of a guy b.c he didn't stay with their team or go to someone elses. Not to mention people absolutely hate that LeBron is compared to MJ.

I like how you said easy way out when MJ needed help also how easy people forget. Only difference the owner of the Bulls said yea let's surround you with these guys, and LeBron was forced to go to an owner that wasn't afraid to put together a team.

Edited by EJ3

When you still hate someone for doing what he wanted rightfully YEARS ago then it goes beyond that.

Just funny LeBron tried to do everything he could to stay in Cleveland but a certain owner didn't listen. People by hating LeBron are really hating the owner.

Lebron tried to do everything he could to stay in Cleveland?

Hero warship? I am just laughing at the hatred of a guy b.c he didn't stay with their team or go to someone elses. Not to mention people absolutely hate that LeBron is compared to MJ.

I like how you said easy way out when MJ needed help also how easy people forget. Only difference the owner of the Bulls said yea let's surround you with these guys, and LeBron was forced to go to an owner that wasn't afraid to put together a team.

While I agree with your overall sentiment that the personal hatred for LeBron is a little over the top, you aren't doing your argument any favors.

The only guy the Bulls brought in to help Jordan, of any exceptional level, was Dennis Rodman later on. And even Rodman was a role player, albeit a dominant one, in a very important area, rebounding.

The rest of those Bulls, were pretty much home-grown players, IIRC. I suppose Bils Cartwright and Ron Harper were not of that variety, but they were just veteran players, who filled roles. Ownership in Cleveland certainly attempted to bring guys in to help James. The Jordan/James comparisons are getting tiresome..,acknowledging that James is a physically superior basketball player, perhaps the best, or one of the very best ever, ingnores the fact the weakest part of his game has been mental... he is not the leader that Jordan was, and you could make an argument (I say as the Heat likely win their 2nd championship in a row) that, unlike Jordan, he does not necessarily make his teammates better. Much as I appreciated it at the time, the year the Celitcs won their ring (2008), their trip to the finals was courtesy of one of the most glaring examples of a superstar coming up small down the stretch... I have been surprised, even this year, at how many times James has turned the ball over in the final minutes of tight games, during these playoffs. Jordan didn't do that kind of thing. And James is not normally one to turn the ball over...so how does he do it so consistently, crunch-time, the last 8 or 9 playoff games?

Sorry, got off on a tangent...but I also not sure what LeBron did to constitute "doing everything he could to try to stay in Cleveland". If he had, he would still be there...and it would have required little more effort than signing his name on a piece of paper to make it happen. He was disingenuous about any desire to stay in Cleveland, because he wanted to be liked...maybe his biggest flaw. I give him the benefit of the doubt, because he is a young kid..even at 28 (or however old he is now), who seems to be maturing.

Can we just agree that watching James play is like seeing a socially awkward, uncomfortable in his own skin 14 year old play in an under 12 league? He's physically dominating but doesn't really "fit in" and its hard to get excited for his success - you don't particularly like him unless he's on your team.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't watch basketball... Haven't watched a full game ever. I saw 3+ quarters on Tuesday and I will tune in tonight. Tuesdays game was one of the most exciting things I have witnessed, including all the bills and sabres games I've seen. This is great stuff

I don't watch basketball... Haven't watched a full game ever. I saw 3+ quarters on Tuesday and I will tune in tonight. Tuesdays game was one of the most exciting things I have witnessed, including all the bills and sabres games I've seen. This is great stuff

The rating some of the highest ever. Colin cowherd was saying even hockey dominated cities doubled the rating of hockey. Buffalo got an 11.5 for a basketball game.

I missed the first half b.c I was watching a movie but damn I was glued to that 4th quarter.

Edited by EJ3

The rating some of the highest ever. Colin cowherd was saying even hockey dominated cities doubled the rating of hockey. Buffalo got an 11.5 for a basketball game.

I missed the first half b.c I was watching a movie but damn I was glued to that 4th quarter.

I don't even think its the basketball that drew me. It's just the drama of competition. Games like the comeback game, OT hockey playoff games, the Michael Phelps match, keri strugg, the bloody sock game, intense boxing matches, etc. it doesn't really matter what, they're all awesome because of the drama. You just can't make that sh-- up!

edit: you can make that shi-- up. That's why Rocky is one of the best movies ever.

Edited by Corp000085