Carlton Bailey's kid: NHL prospect

There are NHL programs in places like Harlem. I think Dom Hasek spent almost a million of his own money so poor Buffalo kids could play. But Transient does have a point. Expense is a big reason. It costs thousands to put a kid through a youth hockey program. Even more if he/she is on a travel team.

PTR

Hopefully the Sabres start something similar at the HarborCenter.

Great pick by the Sabres.

Sounds like Carlton hasn't been the best dad. Nice article from Bill Hoppe.

Ehh Justin was an unplanned pregnancy and Carlton was bouncing around the NFL. I don't see any evidence that CB didn't pay child support or that Justins mother had an issue with his involvement. For all we know she may have not pursued a relationship after the pregnancy.

Great story on this kid. Would love to see him turn into something for the Sabres. We will probably won't know for about 3 or 4 years. :rolleyes:

Would be too perfect a story to have him intercept a pass from Statsny to score the game winner in Game 7 vs the Avs in '17.

Do I remember correctly that Ralph's late daughter Linda Bogdan was the one who lobbied for the Bills to take Carlton Bailey? CB is a Bill, has a son who is mentored by Sabres players, and then drafted by the Sabres. The webs we weave.

PTR

Seth Jones is the son of a former NBA player, Popeye Jones, who is now coaching in the league. There is a strong probability that he will be the first person taken in thiis year's draft.

And, Mike Grier was actually Rosie Grier's nephew - and his father and brother are scouts in the NFL.........Really cool that those athletic bloodlines transfer to hockey. It really looks like hockey is becoming more integrated and I hope it keeps going that way.

And, Mike Grier was actually Rosie Grier's nephew - and his father and brother are scouts in the NFL.........Really cool that those athletic bloodlines transfer to hockey. It really looks like hockey is becoming more integrated and I hope it keeps going that way.

Donovan McNabbs nephew was a top 10 pick as well.

Thanks for that information. I wasn't aware of the family link.

Rosie Grier is an interesting character with a variety of interests. He became a reverend who visited O.J. in jail shortly after the killings. Supposedly O.J. confessed to him that he did kill his wife and her friend. When the authorities tried to get Grier to tell them about the conversation he couldn't respond because he had a minister priviledge of confidentiality.

We were discussing in another thread about the future of football & one of the things discussed was how even the kids of NFL players were moving away from the game. The names showing up here are an example of that.