Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

edit: (for reporting factual information)

http://sports.yahoo....-145252244.html

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work. The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later. Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer (not that it was Meyer's responsibility to teach him; it was Meyer's responsibility to win).

Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

It could be that he played in funky offenses in high school and college that didn't teach him. He was almost never under center at either level and his high school offense featured him lining up almost in punt formation on each play, giving him an unreal amount of time to read the defense.

I love these quotes....because someone...anyone writes something, it must be true. God knows that hack sports writers never make up anonymous sources to support the article they personally feel compelled to write.

I refer you to:

Here comes my date, he's a french model.......

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AdamSchefter

Tim Tebow signed a two-year contract with the Patriots that included no guaranteed money.

Not a bad move then. See if they can use him in 3rd and short, and/or line him up as a TE or in the slot or some other use for him. Maybe find out some information on the Jets offense. Worst case they cut him in or after camp and it doesn't have to cost them a dime or cap space.

Seems to be all upside for the Pats* ... the bastards.

The irony of course in using this to bash TT is that the author based his charge of ineptness by how easy it was for the pats to make him look silly and yet theyre the team who just signed him!

What team went to the SB from the AFC the year the Pats beat Tebow's Broncos in the playoffs?

Not a bad move then. See if they can use him in 3rd and short, and/or line him up as a TE or in the slot or some other use for him. Maybe find out some information on the Jets offense. Worst case they cut him in or after camp and it doesn't have to cost them a dime or cap space.

Seems to be all upside for the Pats* ... the bastards.

Patriots 3rd and short offense already among the best in the NFL. I'm not seeing how the addition of Tebow makes it any better.

Guess we'll see how the genius tandem of Belichick and McDaniels makes it all work.

Does anyone really believe this is anything other than Belichick doing his old buddy Urban Meyer a favor? Tebow can't play QB, there's no evidence he can catch the ball and play TE (nor that he wants to), and he couldn't even make it as a ST player for the Jets.

Just ridiculous, but I'm glad the Pats* will be wasting valuable practice time on this guy.

Patriots 3rd and short offense already among the best in the NFL. I'm not seeing how the addition of Tebow makes it any better.

Guess we'll see how the genius tandem of Belichick and McDaniels makes it all work.

No Welker, gronk health issues, to go along with no dominant runner, immobile QB ... Pats prepare for changes rather than rear view mirror stats.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No Welker, gronk health issues, to go along with no dominant runner, immobile QB ... Pats prepare for changes rather than rear view mirror stats.

And now back to reality:

@AdamSchefter

Patriots did not sign Tim Tebow to play RB nor TE. They signed him to play QB. Backup QB. Tom Brady will not lose a play.

And now back to reality:

@AdamSchefter

Patriots did not sign Tim Tebow to play RB nor TE. They signed him to play QB. Backup QB. Tom Brady will not lose a play.

Exactly backup QB (position hes listed as) who can scramble and get tough yards, something Brady can't do. I never said anything about TE or RB because its ridiculous. As for Brady "not losing a play" that's just some reporter popping off ... No basis in what BB and JM will actually do. But I take it to you and some others here its "factual" lol

Exactly backup QB (position hes listed as) who can scramble and get tough yards, something Brady can't do. I never said anything about TE or RB because its ridiculous. As for Brady "not losing a play" that's just some reporter popping off ... No basis in what BB and JM will actually do. But I take it to you and some others here its "factual" lol

Switch teams now....please!!

If you really think that NE is going to take one of the best QB's in history off the field for anyone, let alone Tim freakin Tebow, you're nuts.

If you really think that NE is going to take one of the best QB's in history off the field for anyone, let alone Tim freakin Tebow, you're nuts.

BB is famous for designing plays around his players vs trying to impose a scheme on them. Add in JM loves TT and Brady is secure in his position, I could see some plays designed for TT. Not saying a lot, but a few throughout season. And BTW there are situations like a 4th and 2 where they would punt with Brady but instead out tebow under center and give him the option, is another real possibility that doesn't even involve Brady missing a play.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

His Pats jersey sales will lead the league.

Interesting thought. I'm sure there will be a ton sold, now with three different teams. Wonder if he will lead in jerseys sold with multiple teams? Maybe TO is the current leader?

Not like Bill Belichick has been a genius as of late. Albert Haynesworth, Chad Headbuttyourwifo, Brandon Lloyd. Also he was always a defensive minded coach and that is exactly where he has struggled. Like I said Tebow won't make it out of preseason cuts, this is all about a certain OC asking Bill to bring him in.

I've always thought of the Patriots as a smart organization, despite the fact that I've hated seeing Buffalo lose to them over and over again over the years. That said, this move makes very little sense to me. Mallett isn't suddenly going to be relegated to third string, which means that at best, that's where Tebow will be. BB is not a "gadget" coach, which is all that Tebow represents. Unless BB convinces him that he could have a role playing other positions, I don't see it.

I've always thought of the Patriots as a smart organization, despite the fact that I've hated seeing Buffalo lose to them over and over again over the years. That said, this move makes very little sense to me. Mallett isn't suddenly going to be relegated to third string, which means that at best, that's where Tebow will be. BB is not a "gadget" coach, which is all that Tebow represents. Unless BB convinces him that he could have a role playing other positions, I don't see it.

Revenue Play:

@darrenrovell

Patriots send email to fans encouraging them to get their Tebow jerseys http://twitpic.com/cwo1el

(H/T @WAD1980)