Position Battles

definitely interested in the battle for left guard, that could be a huge battle. also kind of interested to see how the tight end position shakes out.

This

We can't have pressure up the middle with Kolb or Manuel in there. I think for now whoever pass blocks the best in Training camp will will the LG spot.

But just as important who will be MLB's be. This concerns me more than the CB position.

Edited by Bufcomments

This

We can't have pressure up the middle with Kolb or Manuel in there. I think for now whoever pass blocks the best in Training camp will will the LG spot.

But just as important who will be MLB's be. This concerns me more than the CB position.

Bradham and Alonso. Book it .

And they will kick a## .

Lawson outside as a 3 down guy. But the pass rushers or situational guys are deep

One thing that has me hanging on is that there is a TON of competition all of a sudden. I think alot of is that the coaching all are doing something different than Bills players and fans have experienced.

Its gonna be pretty damned excting when the lights dim and the curtain raises . Game One of the brand spankin' new Bills.

Some most excellent points made in regard the offensive potential of WRs and the back field we have.

CB are still an issue as with guards

Now if we can just give the QB enough time...

Why do people keep saying that Graham and Goodwin are clones of each other?

I'm puzzled by this common assertion.

It's racist

Jk- smaller, fast, track star guys with unexceptional college resumes that were near tops at the combine at WR 40, souted as unpolished route runners and 3rd round draft picks. Of course, on the field they could be completely different players.

It's racist

Jk- smaller, fast, track star guys with unexceptional college resumes that were near tops at the combine at WR 40, souted as unpolished route runners and 3rd round draft picks. Of course, on the field they could be completely different players.

I hope they're different. I was very unimpressed with TJ Graham's ball skills last year. Granted he had one of the worst long ball throwers in the game at QB, but he always seemed to either be looking back at the ball too early or too late, and being beaten physically for position when the ball was arriving.

Maybe Goodwin has more of a knack for beating NFL corners and getting open. Or maybe the light comes on for TJ this year.

Either way, the small burner WR's that do so well in college rarely become impact WR's in the NFL. Seems like their role these days is keeping free safeties honest and playing deeper than usual so the bigger, productive WR's and TE's can work on the underneath stuff that moves the chains.

It will be nice to see EJ sling a few 60 yarders though. Haven't seen an arm like his since Losman.

It's racist

Well they look very different to me.

Different body types and different styles of movement.

dont you mean who would start instead of Byrd?

this x1,000,000,000...

Woods is about the same size and has similar skillet to Stevie. Very quick but not as fast as the other guys we have at WR. He's an athlete that's for sure, but more so than that is his quick shifting ability that really intrigued me about Woods and Stevie on the inside with Graham/Goodwin and Rogers on the outside.

I doubt that Smith makes the roster but if they concentrate in him becoming a WR, they might get some play out of him. He's bigger and seems to fit that, go up and get the ball WR.

And another doubt is Easley. I'm almost certain he doesn't make the roster, but if he does, and the new staff really likes him, he has the skillet and ability to really be an Andre Johnson/TO type of possession WR.

I don't have a clue about any of the other young kids we brought in, but I'm really interested to watch this WR group.

I have been thinking this since Chan left. The new regime says 'Brad we want to just use you as a WR, we want to maximize your talent and we believe this is the best area for that', i think Brad Smith might be the biggest surprise vet turn around on the roster. He has the size, speed, and hands to be a good wr IMHO. Chan was trying to make him a jack of all trades, i hope the new regime tries to make him a king of one!

Well they look very different to me.

Different body types and different styles of movement.

Goodwin reminds me a little bit of Sproles - he is short, but he's stocky. Graham, on the other hand, is almost 6' tall. That's not terribly short by NFL standards. However, he's skinnier than Goodwin. I think we have the makings of some very exciting plays with these two. Remember - there are things to hope for with each: with Graham, he had offseason eye surgery, and claims to be seeing things much better now (and, most of his missed catches last year were not catchable), and with Goodwin, he was always split between football and track. Only now is he able to concentrate solely on football, and football conditioning. Neither have to be stars, but if they can show decent enough hands, their speed on the outside, combined with Manuel's ability to chuck it 50 yards with ease, will really open up the underneath 15-20 yard routes for Stevie and Woods, and will help keep the running game open.

I have been thinking this since Chan left. The new regime says 'Brad we want to just use you as a WR, we want to maximize your talent and we believe this is the best area for that', i think Brad Smith might be the biggest surprise vet turn around on the roster. He has the size, speed, and hands to be a good wr IMHO. Chan was trying to make him a jack of all trades, i hope the new regime tries to make him a king of one!

Gotta admit the guy made some very tough catches at WR last year. Plays fearless. Great Hands. 6-2, 215lbs, good for matchups against those small nickel corners. I hate Brad Smith as a kickoff return guy because he looks so freaking slow but he took one to the house for 89 yards last year, and did it three times for the Jets when he was their returner.

I think he will secure a spot as a wideout. Stevie gets hurt a lot, we'll need an experienced backup in there.

. . . Woods is about the same size and has similar skillet to Stevie. Very quick but not as fast as the other guys we have at WR. He's an athlete that's for sure . . .

And another doubt is Easley. I'm almost certain he doesn't make the roster, but if he does, and the new staff really likes him, he has the skillet and ability to really be an Andre Johnson/TO type of possession WR. . . .

The guy with a skillet I really like is Kenny Butler. Not overly fast, but a quick first step, good athleticism, and I think he's a free agent, so we could still sign him.

The new staff has come out publicly and said they want Stevie in the slot. His physical skill set is almost hand crafted for this position. He doesn't have the speed or size of a true outside receiver. Purely speculation, but I believe they like him in the slot for his shifty moves but also his ability to get off the ball. Nickel corners and defenders won't play him on the line and this will lighten the load in the box. As much as it makes sense for him as a receiver, it also plays in nicely with the run game, IMO.

:w00t:

The guy with a skillet I really like is Kenny Butler. Not overly fast, but a quick first step, good athleticism, and I think he's a free agent, so we could still sign him.

For those who may not be familiar with him, I found this highlight clip of Butler:

One drawback, though - - guy has his own cheerleading squad, so he might not have the right mindset.

So, who then lines-up outside on 3 Wr sets? With 4 receivers in the game, do they use Stevie and Woods inside and Graham and Goodwin outside? That could be lethal with C.J. in the backfield.

That's my guess for FOUR-WR set, Stevie-Woods-Graham-Goodwin. With Brad Smith, Easley, or Da'Rick Rogers as backup.

THREE WR could be Stevie-Woods-Graham with Chandler at TE.