Fantasy Football - CJ Spiller

Flutie7Flakes

FF enthusiast here.....

What type of production are we looking at this year for CJ Spiller?

Typically I tend to stay away from drafting my Bills players, just because I don't like to mix the two (BONEHEAD move last year...)

Anyway, does CJ really rank among the Top 5 RBs in terms of point production for the 2013-14 season?

A few things which worry me:

1. New coach & system

2. New QB

3. Fred Jackson still has some left in the tank

4. Health concerns? (not really)

Thoughts everyone?

Honestly i would take him over any other player on the board. I got him last year in the 2nd round and he absolutely killed it for me. I got at least 10 points a week from him. A Few times he would give me over 20.

I would scream at hte TV everytime Gailey would take him out when the bills got to the 20 yards line.

Honestly i would take him over any other player on the board. I got him last year in the 2nd round and he absolutely killed it for me. I got at least 10 points a week from him. A Few times he would give me over 20.

I would scream at hte TV everytime Gailey would take him out when the bills got to the 20 yards line.

Well I'm certainly not taking him over peterson.. I excpect CJ to finish the year with around 1400 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards and 9 combined TDs. I think he'll be close to a top 5 back.

I would still be inclined to take Peterson or even the young guy from Tampa Bay (Martin) over him (because Martin plays all three downs and gets a ton of touches), but Spiller would be right there at #3 overall for me. Spiller's upside is off the charts so that's why I would slot him so high, but he's a more risky pick than Peterson and Martin. The fact theat the Bills will run an up tempo offense could get Spiller more touches and that would be crazy good for whomever owns him.

I would say he is probably if not a first round pick, he is easily second round worthy. My largest concern is trying to second guess how the new O will do with a new coach, and what happens when they get inside the 5. Make no mistake, he is, imo a better Chris Johnson, and is lethal in the passing game.

danh920 was pretty spot on, you could probably say Alfred Morris could be considered in the top 5, also Beast Mode has to be a consideration.

Another thing to consider might be your draft order. I know a lot of leagues do things different. but if you draft in the top half of the order, it might be wise to wait on him and see if he slips to the later part of the second. If you are in the bottom half the order you could just spring for him with an early second round pick or just take him off the board with a late first round.

Last year was my first time to ever play in an auction league. I liked it a lot. My first round bid was for CJ for three dollars. Nobody upped me, so I got him for three dollars. Next round I got played hard by the group and wound up overlaying for r. Rice - $30.00, nearly 1/3 of my budget. I was a fool on the rice deal, bit Spiller made up for that mistake.

He won't be available in the league I'm in because he is a keeper for someone. But if he was available I would take him in the first round np. The only guys I would take ahead of him Peterson, Foster, Rice and maybe Charles.

I'd grade CJ as an above average back who has the chance of being elite. He's a mid to late 1st Round pick. My only concerns is he still has a chance to lose carries to Fred Jackson so I'd rather go with an undisputed ball/carry hawk. See guys like AP, Foster (I've never been a believer in Ben Tate), Charles, Martin, Morris and even Marshawn Lynch that I'd rank over CJ. Yet I'll admit I'm a more conservative drafter than most at least in the early picks and then swing for the fences with my bench.

• 4 weeks later...

The only player I'd take over Spiller would be Peterson. I fully expect him to be a top 3-4 pick in my draft. It's nice to see the number of outstanding RBs again. I do have my worries about Foster though (injuries, workload, no more Vontae).

I wouldn't pick him 2nd but wouldn't call you a crazy homer if you did. I personally like McCoy a lot this yr as a high floor, high ceiling, still young guy in Chip Kelly's offense; not exactly sure what Foster/Martin/Lynch/Charles have over him. Hoping to not pick in the 2-5 range this year.

• 2 weeks later...

In my league, last place from the previous year gets their pick of drafting 1-10. Last place picked the 5 spot, second and third last picked 9 and 10. I was the 4th worst last year and somehow was able to take #1 pick. How do I pass on Adrian Peterson? Baffling that three people passed on the best player in fantasy.

• 3 weeks later...

In my league, last place from the previous year gets their pick of drafting 1-10. Last place picked the 5 spot, second and third last picked 9 and 10. I was the 4th worst last year and somehow was able to take #1 pick. How do I pass on Adrian Peterson? Baffling that three people passed on the best player in fantasy.

That's a ridiculous turnout...top 3 picks this year IMO (in no particular order) are 1, 9, and 10....5 is nowhere near the best (although the player did come in last place, possibly for a reason?)

That's a ridiculous turnout...top 3 picks this year IMO (in no particular order) are 1, 9, and 10....5 is nowhere near the best (although the player did come in last place, possibly for a reason?)

10 turned out to be a pretty nice spot, even in a 14 team league. Ended up with Trent Richardson #1. Forte coming around in #2 and then Sproles.

Haha, very good reason. Going with Peterson at 1 and then best available RB, WR in 2nd, 3rd. Unless Brees or Rodgers is still there...but doubtful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.