Ralph doesn't make list

scribo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...WE know better.

Let Danny Boy have his lovefest this year. There are a bunch of Bills who will be in the mix in the not-too-distant future. In addition to Ralphie, there's Thurmal, BRUUUUCE, Andre, Kent Hull, Steve Tasker.

The '90s HOF crew won't stop with Marv & Jimbo alone. Plenty more.

I agree, Haley was robbed and is underrated...

In his rookie season, Haley led the 49ers in sacks with 12.0 and finished second to Leslie O’Neal (12.5) for sacks by a rookie. The 12.0 sacks in 1986 marked the first of six seasons in which Haley recorded double-digit sack totals, doing so again in 1988 (11.5), 1989 (10.5), 1990 (16.0), 1994 (12.5) and 1995 (10.5). His 16 sacks in 1990 were a career best and led the NFC.

201506[/snapback]

Plus he's got 5 Super Bowl rings...don't think any other player in the league ever had as many... and he was a major force on all those championship teams.

I've got no sympathy for Ralph.

He may have turned over a new leaf over the past 20 years,

but I can't forget how much of a cheap bastard he was in the late 60's. 70's, & early 80's.

201585[/snapback]

We suffered through a lot of really bad seasons because of that. I mean really bad seasons! Between his penny pinching and the clowns he hired to run the team... that was a lot of suffering.

Can someone explain the deal with Wilson, Al Davis/Dolphins/Patriots? I ran my mouth on another message board about how much crap it was that he didn't even make it as a finalist. However, that board is full of Patsy fans and I know I will hear some "What the hell are you talking about?" stuff, simply because I mentioned how he "saved" those franchises - yet I have come to realize that I don't actually know anything besides that. . .can someone explain?!

I think RW belongs in the HoF and will eventually get elected, but isn't this a bit of an overstatement??  :doh:

201570[/snapback]

OK. Maybe the AFL would have surivived, but it isn't that big of a stretch to think that without Wilson's cash and his undying refusing to give up, the AFL would have gone under before an NFL ever came to be.

Besides, it's a damn good reason to vote him in. :D

I keep telling you guys >>>

Somewhere along the way Ralph told the WRONG person to go F himself.

Buffalo being played as the fool for four SBs in a row was not an accident.

He won't get in the NFL Hall of Fame until he's seated at the right hand of God.

They knew of this on The X Files and made a silly joke of it.

Somewhere along the way Ralph told the WRONG person to go F himself.

201706[/snapback]

I think you might be right.

My grandfather is close friends with Ralph. (My Grandpa used to own a bar/restaurant right next to Kissing Bridge and Ralph came in all the time). I'll have my grandpa get Ralphs reaction, and see if I can get a scoop...

Ralph Wilson isn't getting into the Hall of Fame until he either dies or his team wins a Super Bowl.

I love RW and personally believes he deserves a spot right now in the HOF, but the fact remains that you could name some 20 NFL franchises that have had more success over the course of their history than the Buffalo Bills.

Let's just get the SB ring in Detroit next season, and the proper national accolades for Ralph will follow...

Ralph Wilson isn't getting into the Hall of Fame until he either dies or his team wins a Super Bowl.

I love RW and personally believes he deserves a spot right now in the HOF, but the fact remains that you could name some 20 NFL franchises that have had more success over the course of their history than the Buffalo Bills. 

Let's just get the SB ring in Detroit next season, and the proper national accolades for Ralph will follow...

201866[/snapback]

It's in Detroit next season? Sweet! That's Ralph's hometown...isn't it?

I think this has to do with a few things....

1. Irvin is probably more well-known among the fans and voters who remember what happened recently, which is why he got his votes. It's a disgrace, but nobody remembers what Ralph Wilson did in the early days of the AFL.

2. Yes - Ralph probably told someone off. I wonder if it has anything to do with the horrible officiating in the "just give it to him" game against the Pats in 1998. Ralph and JB were justifiably critical of the officiating and Paul Tagliabue told them to pipe down. Ralph responded with something to the effect of "I was forming the AFL when you were in diapers!" to Tagliabue...

3. Yes - he won't get more consideration until the Bills win a Superbowl.

We suffered through a lot of really bad seasons because of that. I mean really bad seasons! Between his penny pinching and the clowns he hired to run the team... that was a lot of suffering.

201610[/snapback]

Precisely why I get a kick out of all the people on the board who think that TD is an awful GM (I'll admitt I have been critical at times, but I still think he is a hell of a GM) and think that the franchise in a shambles. I just say "remember the late sixties, the entire 70's, and about 60% of the 80's!" Terry Blesoe, Stew Barber, what a mess....

Michael "COKE HEAD HOOKER LOVER" Irvin got in?? What a joke!

Also, Hull should be at least considered. There was a recent article with Jim Kelly talking about the "No Huddle" (referring to P.Manning now) he ran back in the 90's Hey Day and said that they wouldn't have been half successful if it wasn't for Hull knowing the Defenses almost better than Jimbo did. He was awesome!

These voting clowns better get their act together because even though the Bills choked every Bowl, they had plenty of Stat Breakers and gamers those yrs.

Ralph deserves it folks.... HOF!!

but the fact remains that you could name some 20 NFL franchises that have had more success over the course of their history than the Buffalo Bills. 

201866[/snapback]

To elaborate, I can come up with 19:

1. Cowboys

2. Redskins

3. Giants

4. Packers

5. Bears

6. Vikings

7. Bucs (only because they have a SB ring)

8. 49ers

9. Rams

10. Dolphins

11. Patriots

12. Jets (only because they have a SB ring)

13. Steelers

14. Ravens (only because they have a SB ring)

15. Browns

16. Colts (only because they have a SB ring)

17. Broncos

18. Chiefs

19. Raiders

I've got no sympathy for Ralph.

He may have turned over a new leaf over the past 20 years,

but I can't forget how much of a cheap bastard he was in the late 60's. 70's, & early 80's.

201585[/snapback]

C'mon, the last twenty years have to count for something - that and the fact that he could have shuffled out of Buffalo back in '98. Yes, he made a lot of money at the time but he could have made even more had he sold or moved the team.

It would be nice for Ralph to get the honor while he's still here on earth.