Ross Tucker on JP Losman

Very well put. Let them battle it out next year at camp....

201397[/snapback]

A freekin men!

We all seem to think (including myself) ,we know more than....well the Bills.

Can we all agree that the Bills will start the best quarterback in camp? I am quite certain the Bills started the best one in 2004!

I further hope that JP beats Bledsoe by leaps and bounds come camp....This can only mean we will have one helluva QB!

Right wing nut jobs (JP supporters) and left wing sympathizers (Bledsoe lovers) listen up...let's establish two things:

1) Experience in the NFL, particularly 12 years experience at the QB position, does make one more prepared to handle the position than a season on the active roster, half of which was spent rehabbing from an injury.

2) Young JP is very talented -- he has more athletic skills than #11 at this point in Drew's career (arguably than Drew ever had) but in the words of Yogi Berra--this position in 50 percent mental, 50 percent physical and 50 percent other things.....

JP has to win the job in camp--on the field...we can stoke our keys all we want--nothing changes this fact....

201376[/snapback]

Nicely put!

Can we put this post up at the top in the banner?

I would imagine that the Bills would first give Losman some time off to clear his head. Let him go home and visit family, relax for a bit (kinda like last year when they told Bledsoe to take a month off). Then set up a cot in the film room. Work him all day on the practice field and spend all night studying film. I would hope they'd "convince" Lee to stay in Buffalo to get his and Losman's timing down. I think the big thing Losman has to learn is that he's not at Tulane any more, that he doesn't have to think "run" first. Based on how he takes to this off-season regimen, I would then decide whether he's ready to compete for the starting job.

But then I'm not running the show...people much smarter than me are.

Ross tucker said that JP Losman is basically comparable to a 5 tool player in baseball. He said Losman has speed, has a strong arm and is accurate. He said the question remains on when he will be ready to play due to the complexities of the QB postition. He said that Bledsoe has seen all the defenses in the league & blitzes and is more prepared right now. He also mentioned that Losman is a hard worker.

201320[/snapback]

Ross tucker is a journeyman NFL lineman ---what does he know? he can hardly block anyone in the league, so we are going to consider him an nfl quarterback expert now?

Five-tool players ----there's lots of them in baseball that never amount to much ... see Gary Matthews Jr., Ruben Mateo or Luis Matos.

Losman has done nothing in the NFL so far to warrant being the Bills starter next year. He's mopped up at garbage time and got completely trashed against the Pats on national tv. The kid needs a full training camp under his belt and perhaps the Bills can sprinkle him into the offense next year early in the season while Bledsoe starts. If the season goes to hell, then give the kid the keys full time. No way I want to bank a playoff season on Losman and how he develops ------I think Drew can win 10 games next year and take them to the playoffs. Heck Trent Dilfer did it with less in Baltimore on offense.

Right wing nut jobs (JP supporters) and left wing sympathizers (Bledsoe lovers) listen up...let's establish two things:

1) Experience in the NFL, particularly 12 years experience at the QB position, does make one more prepared to handle the position than a season on the active roster, half of which was spent rehabbing from an injury.

2) Young JP is very talented -- he has more athletic skills than #11 at this point in Drew's career (arguably than Drew ever had) but in the words of Yogi Berra--this position in 50 percent mental, 50 percent physical and 50 percent other things.....

JP has to win the job in camp--on the field...we can stoke our keys all we want--nothing changes this fact....

201376[/snapback]

Did Yogi Berra say that? I thought he said "90% of the game is half mental." Or is it the other way around?

Changing QB's is the knee jerk, quick fix solution that ignores a much bigger problem.  We are not able to run the ball consistently well against defenses geared to stop the run yet we continue to try and do so anyway resulting in down and distance problems.  Given our line, we aren't going to pick up many third and tens.

201471[/snapback]

I said almost the exact same thing to my nephew after the last game. Well done. :w00t:

201376[/snapback]

I agree about JP having to earn the job....but do you realize you just made a case on why Drew Bledsoe shouldn't be our starter?

"50 percent physical....50 percent mental"

Our QB's totals in those areas dont add up to 100 percent

Changing QB's is the knee jerk, quick fix solution that ignores a much bigger problem.  We are not able to run the ball consistently well against defenses geared to stop the run yet we continue to try and do so anyway resulting in down and distance problems.  Given our line, we aren't going to pick up many third and tens.

201471[/snapback]

Unless the defenses are geared to stop the run because the QB sucks. :doh:

Did Yogi Berra say that?  I thought he said "90% of the game is half mental."  Or is it the other way around?

201599[/snapback]

Yogi is misquoted more than any human alive---I admit I took poetic license with Yogi's statements...I think I have a future with CBS News or the New York Times.

We'll find out this off season. 

It sounds like his development, and crack at competing in camp will hinge on his off season work ethic and ability.

201355[/snapback]

Yep. In a bold move, the B'gals named Palmer before camp commenced for those reasons - they never expected Kitna to have that good season.

It was a tough choice, but for sure Palmer being picked #1 and the ensuing contract had it's effect.

Bills need to move on.

Name JP as starter...4 years - no dice, what's to lose?

What is he supposed to do in that situation? Should he try and bring the ball up from his waist so that he can throw it away, risking a fumble if they get to him before he can unload it or should he tuck it in and take the sack?

Oh that's just priceless.

Ummmmm, what he's supposed to do Mick is not have the ball down by his waist in the first place! Or in Drew's case, dangling behind his hip for two plays in a row.

But of course I guess it's somebody else's fault that he continues to go to pieces when things get too tense for him. It was probably one of those stupid, dirty Olinemen who got something gross on the ball so that Drew couldn't keep it high w/o getting his jersey dirty or even put his other hand on it like he's supposed to.

Is it really so much to ask that our QB just be fundamentally sound?

Oh that's just priceless.

Ummmmm, what he's supposed to do Mick is not have the ball down by his waist in the first place! Or in Drew's case, dangling behind his hip for two plays in a row.

But of course I guess it's somebody else's fault that he continues to go to pieces when things get too tense for him. It was probably one of those stupid, dirty Olinemen who got something gross on the ball so that Drew couldn't keep it high w/o getting his jersey dirty or even put his other hand on it like he's supposed to.

Is it really so much to ask that our QB just be fundamentally sound?

201819[/snapback]

I will take that one step further Simon....

How about just learning how to count and being smart with the ball?

There were TWO bandits....

Magehee does the right thing and takes out the inside guy (the guy with the most direct path)

BUT AS A QB YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO COUNT

1 taken out still leaves one....and you can tell by the protection that there was noone to block him.....

That means you either.....

- Audible out to a run

- Throw to a hot reciever to that side

- Tuck the DAMN BALL

THere was NO EXCUSE for that...not from a experienced pro QB.....