Thank you all for your service

mrags

I don't mean to be a total dick, but Memorial Day is for fallen soldiers. We thank the living ones on Veterans Day.

I'm not saying living vets don't deserve our respect. The true spirit of today's holiday is intended to reflect on those who have given their lives.

Exactly right.

Thank you for pointing it out that Memorial Day is a remembrance for those who have died in service.

Technically taC is correct, however I'm sure that a large majority of people also remember the living veterans on this day and they also remember the ones who lost their lives on Veterans Day.

On a personal note I want to thank all of those who sacrificed themselves over years and years of many different wars and conflicts that our country has been involved in.

It takesa special type of person to take on such a cause, and they should never be forgotten. For they are the real heroes of this country.

Well said!!

Well, I guess I will apologize for any confusion. Please forgive my mistake. And thank you anyway.

No need to apologize. Your heart was in the right place. and I thank you.

All gave some, some gave all.

In my own family, I have loved ones changed utterly by military service in WWII, Vietnam and the GWOT. I am so humbled and proud of their service.

Even my favorite uncle, who on the USS Midway in postwar Mediterranean ports, was "the Captain's pimp" because he spoke fluent French.

Semper Fi. Hoo Rah to all my lost brothers and sisters in arms and to those who have or are still serving;Protecting the ideals of this great nation and her people.

Oorah, it's Oorah.