Interesting comment by Brian Moorman about the past Bills

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't listen very well. Probably because you've spent way too much time falling in love with a punter.

I never said he wasn't good or that he never did anything. I just think if you're a punter and can't do very much about the effectual "culture" of a team because a punter is so seperated from it, than you should shut your mouth. In other words I think it's BS to give your opinion about culture on a football team when you're a punter.

Aaaand, once again, when that punter makes some of the biggest offensive plays of the season ...

... I think he's earned a right to say whatever TF he wants, don't you?

How many punters can run like that? I say one, maybe two if you can find another.

BTW, the offense put up 0 points (apart from 3 by Lindell which is technically special teams) in that 24 point loss.

As well, how many punters do you know that can take a hit like this, get up, and walk away from it normally?;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPiZjUf9TcQ

Anyone that thinks that Moorman was anything close to an average punter, asides from his punting average etc., hasn't watched enough of him.

Either way, on this defunct team bereft of any brains, I dare say that he's more than earned a right to say anything that he wants. And what, you'd rather listen to a whole bunch of other players that didn't do what they got paid to do? ... or past coaches and GMs that can be looked at as morons now?

Moorman can say whatever he wants to, he's earned it in Buffalo.

Brain told da us facts. Nothing new here.

Guess he was tired of the Koolaid as well......

Exactly, and it's high time that more players did. If after this season the team sucks again I for one would sure like to hear that some of the players are tired of the same old same old instead of more newspaper garbage about how they trust the coach and know that he has a plan, barf gag.

I have no idea how Marrone & Co. are going to do, but we all know, or should, that they have a major uphill battle to succeed in the NFL. Collegiate coaches w/ .500 records in minor conferences don't merely waltz into the NFL and start placing championship teams after a few seasons. Far more notable NCAA coaches w/ infinitely more stellar records and NCAA accolades don't do that regularly either. Saban failed miserably as merely one example. But, if Marrone & Co. do fail, I'm just wondering how many years of broken record recordings of "we've gotta trust the experts who know more than we all do" prior to announcing what may end up being the obvious after one season.

Again, sure, like everyone I hope he turns this train wreck around, but as well and again, the odds are against it happening on so many levels.

The biggest thing that this org has going for it in that way is that no one has any data points to be able to predict Marrone's NFL success on. The biggest thing he's ever done, practically and really, is coach an offensive line.

Who cares, he's a punter.

LOL

That's the kind of thinking from within that has made this organization what it has become.

Unfortunately for such sentiment, Moorman, as a punter, did more for this team offensively via field position than just about any other player on the team over the same duration.

In fact, one season we had such a ridiculous advantage, statistically speaking even, over every other NFL team in field position that he helped create.

I think that we should hvave been a playoff team three years ago. I think I was of the opinion that we should have gotten into the playoffs at the beginning of last year. We have gone downhill. I think the coach should be told in no uncertain terms this year that the stretch goal is 8-8. I hate to have a non-playoff goal but we are as weak a team a team as we have been in the last ten years right now in every facet of the game. Offense, defense and special teams. 6 wins would be a good prediction. I hope I'm wrong, but as of this moment we are a bad team.

Lets face some facts here, this owner has been more concerned with making a profit then building a winning org. The proof in this statement is in his distinct knowledge that he knows if he hired another HC like Chuck Knox (a proven NFL winner) He would have a winning team. Instead he keeps trying to find gold with maybes and wannabes head coaches.

How would you feel as an NFL player when you know you have a window of an average of three years to get a ring and win a championship. Isn't that every players ultimate dream? Not every player is solely concerned with just his paycheck.

I don't fault any player for any team for whatever he says that has to endure year after year of losing. As a fan I can't tolerate all the losing, as a player I'd ask to be traded to a team that has an honest shot to accomplish something.

OTOH,Me, I'd just keep my mouth shut and let my actions, and work ethic speak for me.

who knows. expectations are so low I am somehow morbidly looking forward to Ralphs passing just to see the drama about the new owner/team direction changes. that seems to be the most interesting thing these days.. maybe they can change coaches every year and draft a QB no 1 every year for a awhile so at least our imaginations can run a little (as the reality is all too negative.)

I have tricked myself into thinking the Bills would be good for 13 years. But I knew I was not seeing a team develop as I did back in the mid and late '80s. Now I think I'm finally seeing what I saw way back then. One of the most frustrating things as a fan can be the inability to distinguish between blind hope and reasonable expectation, those lines blurred for me over the years. It"s my opinion a jump from 6 and 10 to 10 and 6 is not unreasonable for this season. Better QB play and an improved defense is what I expect from this team, to be ascending at last, to feel that feeling that were getting better and that we have the staff and front office who's competency we believe in to keep us getting better, finally, at last... After 13 years of frustration.

Regarding 1983 - didn't this follow two consecutive 2-14 seasons? At the time 8-8 sounded GREAT!

No. In '80, we won the Divison. '81, we won a Wild Card Game @ NYJ. '82' strike shortened season-winning record, not good enough for playoffs. '83, 8-8 and the end of the era. '84 & '85 were 2 win seasons.. Wish I didn't know this so well...

Most of us would've killed for 8-8 over the past 10 years or so.

We were 9-7 in 2004...

And then the fans revolted, we cut Bledsoe, and have been looking for a real quarterback ever since.

I think that we should hvave been a playoff team three years ago. I think I was of the opinion that we should have gotten into the playoffs at the beginning of last year. We have gone downhill. I think the coach should be told in no uncertain terms this year that the stretch goal is 8-8. I hate to have a non-playoff goal but we are as weak a team a team as we have been in the last ten years right now in every facet of the game. Offense, defense and special teams. 6 wins would be a good prediction. I hope I'm wrong, but as of this moment we are a bad team.

You're not wrong. Can you ID a worse linebacking corp in the game today?

As of now we're starting whom, Bradham, who was underwhelming last season after some hype, all but complete mystery meat in Alonso, if he even starts, and then which one plays MLB/ILBs? Otherwise, all that's on the roster is all backup caliber, including Bradham and Alonso until proven otherwise, players like Chris white, Moats, Lawson, Scott.

Seriously, who on the roster is capable of playing MLB/ILB right now, and halfway decently? The entire roster is full of OLBs. All I see is who CBS Sports has in the depth chart, namely Brian Smith and Marcus Dowtin. I don't know the first thing about either player and had to dig just to find out that Dowtin was on two teams last year as an undrafted rookie, and Smith was on the mighty Browns last year and couldn't find his way onto their depth chart as an undrafted rookie. Those are currently our two starting MLBs.

We cut Barnett why now? ... another one of the dumbest decisions in this team's history. Teams are going to be gaining an awful lot of yards this year once they get their players past our front four.

That's the worst LB unit in the NFL right now.

At WR right now we have quantity, but beyond Johnson, who's no Andre Johnson, again, until they actually step up all that's there are bodies. The poor record on drafted WRs for the team is long; Hardy, Graham, Easley, Parrish, Aiken, Josh Reed. Of 9 WRs drafted in the first four rounds over the last ten years the only one that ever turned into a solid starter was Lee Evans. Johnson was a 7th rounder.

In the secondary Gilmore has to take that step this year from somewhere in the average range, next to him there isn't anyone, Williams isn't good. Searcy hasn't proven anything as presumably a starting S this year. Byrd has the team by the stones. If they don't sign him to what he wants then this secondary is well below average too. Even with him it's what, average on a good day assuming that Gilmore steps up some.

There are a lot of holes, and just like every other seasons fans are all talking about how 80% of their draft picks are going to make an impact. The truth is a lot closer to if the team can get just three of their draftees to make an impact this or next season they'll be way ahead of their modern organization standards.

Meanwhile look at Miami, I really think that they can take the division this year. That's four games (Pats too) that the Bills simply won't win. If they go .500 in the rest that's 6-10.

Lets face some facts here, this owner has been more concerned with making a profit then building a winning org. The proof in this statement is in his distinct knowledge that he knows if he hired another HC like Chuck Knox (a proven NFL winner) He would have a winning team. Instead he keeps trying to find gold with maybes and wannabes head coaches.

How would you feel as an NFL player when you know you have a window of an average of three years to get a ring and win a championship. Isn't that every players ultimate dream? Not every player is solely concerned with just his paycheck.

I don't fault any player for any team for whatever he says that has to endure year after year of losing. As a fan I can't tolerate all the losing, as a player I'd ask to be traded to a team that has an honest shot to accomplish something.

OTOH,Me, I'd just keep my mouth shut and let my actions, and work ethic speak for me.

Remember, you're talking about an owner that fired Polian who was directly responsible for well over 90% of the team's playoff success either directly or indirectly as the team he built spilled over into the Butler era as playoff appearances slowly trickled away as his team dissolved.

Prior to Polian, 16 years of NFL play the Bills had only 3 playoff appearances and went 1-3 in those postseasons. As we all know, the team hasn't sniffed the playoffs since the Butler era and hasn't won since three seasons after Polian was fired.

Bottom line, Wilson hasn't a clue.

Edited by TaskersGhost

He wasn't being honest he was sucking up to the Pittsburgh media and fans while trying out for the team. Just trying to get fans on his side.

No NFL player is happy missing the playoffs and 8-8 steams more than 2-14.

If this is true why didn't he voice his opinion while it was occurring? Why didn't he speak about this to the media then? Why wouldn't he bring it up in an attempt to embarrass people if it bothered him?

maybe leaving, going to another team, put a new perspective infront of him. Anyone can become complacent.

You don't listen very well. Probably because you've spent way too much time falling in love with a punter.

I never said he wasn't good or that he never did anything. I just think if you're a punter and can't do very much about the effectual "culture" of a team because a punter is so seperated from it, than you should shut your mouth. In other words I think it's BS to give your opinion about culture on a football team when you're a punter.

so we should take your opinion, about the culture of a locker room, over a guy who straped on a chin strap? Just because he is a punter?

so we should take your opinion, about the culture of a locker room, over a guy who straped on a chin strap? Just because he is a punter?

I love how many posters in this thread seem to be 100% certain that they know more about the attitudes of guys in the locker room than one of the players in that locker room. "He's just a punter, not really on the team." But isn't a fan even LESS on the team? I mean, a punter can still look at guys and overhear their conversations from his locker room stall, right? But no worries, I'll just take your word over his, because you're such a superfan that you can telepathically understand what every Bill is thinking at all times.

Brian Moorman is a punter not a football player, he should keep his mouth shut...

Our current punter I support because he hasn't said anything bad about the bills. If he does he'd dead to me...

Go Bills