I have a dilemna....

My XO (exectutive officer) scored 10 tickets to the Falcons / Rams game this weekend. It's about an 8 hour drive but I don't have to pay for the ticket. I really don't like either team but it would be cool to go to Atlanta and soak up some playoff atmosphere. Would you go?

201214[/snapback]

Enjoy the game.

If it was anyplace but Atlanta I would advise you go in a heartbeat.

But considering you're dealing with a fanbase that lacks a heartbeat, I'd consider the possibility of an 8hr drive home with the disappointment that you just wasted all that time to go see a game in which the "playoff atmosphere" was likely far less than the excitement which can be found at any Bills regular season game in OP.

Cya

do you have to drive back the same day or are you staying over night?

if you have to make two 8hr drives in one day then i wouldn't even go if it was, ok i'll admit it, the bills in the superbowl!

if you're staying over night then it might be worth it. personally i still wouldn't do it since the game is on tv and i have heard the atlanta atmosphere isn't that contagious. it's not the drive there, it's the drive back. even if the game is good, that drive back will suck. if it ends up to be a crappy game.........

if you have to make two 8hr drives in one day then i wouldn't even go if it was, ok i'll admit it, the bills in the superbowl!

201239[/snapback]

I'd drive 20 hours each way if I had to for that. Probably more.

do you have to drive back the same day or are you staying over night?

if you're staying over night then it might be worth it.  personally i still wouldn't do it since the game is on tv and i have heard the atlanta atmosphere isn't that contagious.  it's not the drive there, it's the drive back.  even if the game is good, that drive back will suck.  if it ends up to be a crappy game.........

201239[/snapback]

I'll spend the night. It's a long weekend so I can take my time. I know the fan base there kind of sucks but I'm hoping that the playoffs will juice it up a little bit. Screw it, I'm going. I'm wearing all my McGahee jersey and Bills hat too. What the hell. :w00t:

Free is Free is Free. The upside, you have no vested interest or emotions linked to either team so you CANNOT be dissappointed with the outcome. Hence, no pressure plus going with a group of friends might equal a great time.

Negatives: as you and all have already said, an 8 hour drive is an 8 hour drive. Not much fun in that unless it is in a 15 passenger van with everyone then it could be fun.

Bottom line, if you have the time and do not have another responsibility at home, go.

201245[/snapback]

I'd drive 20 hours each way if I had to for that.  Probably more.

201246[/snapback]

hehe, i knew i'd catch hell for that. i love 'em, but it's still true.

I'll spend the night. It's a long weekend so I can take my time. I know the fan base there kind of sucks but I'm hoping that the playoffs will juice it up a little bit. Screw it, I'm going. I'm wearing all my McGahee jersey and Bills hat too. What the hell.

Now, that's the spirit. Have a great time!