The 20 Types of Depressed Sports Fans

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can one be a Bills fan without being at least a partial 9 and 10? Are people, after what this team has done, actually surprised when Stevie drops that last second pass, or the defense gives up that late TD?

There is absolutely nothing to be surprised at when it comes to the Bills blowing games.

How can one be a Bills fan without being at least a partial 9 and 10? Are people, after what this team has done, actually surprised when Stevie drops that last second pass, or the defense gives up that late TD?

There is absolutely nothing to be surprised at when it comes to the Bills blowing games.

We've come to expect this. Maybe I've slid back from #20 to #18.

I am with you with the Bills & Mets. Mets I started rooting for in 1983 when I was 10 years old & the Bills 1986(Kelly's first year). 30 years as a Mets fan & 27 years as a Bills fan & one friggin championship to show for it. I would not even know how to act if one of these teams were a team that won multiple championships. I actually think in some sick distorted way it would take the fun out of being a fan & become boring. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

Funny you mention that. I was at a bar watching that game. Huge crowd, bar is going nuts. I kept saying to anybody that would listen "ah their going to f*ck it up somehow." People were actually getting pissed at me. The worst part is I started believing they would actually win this game for the 1st time all night just right before Mckelvin fumbled. I was with about 8 guys & my wife was with me also. When they lost we all walked out of the bar not saying a word to each other. My wife said, "aren't you going to at least say goodbye to your friends?" I looked at her & in a tone only a disgusted broken heart Bills fan could say "F*ck them." & got in the car.

Wow...you must be a riot.

It's really quite easy: watch the game and see what happens before you decide what happened...it's a choice.

We've come to expect this. Maybe I've slid back from #20 to #18.

LOL!!! Guilty as charged wrt #18!!!!! How many times have you been at a party or a sports bar when the Bills blow a game? Countless times I am sure. When McKelvin fumbles, or Eli Manning goes RIGHT down the firld for a TD, people start looking at you. I am NOT going to give them an animated reaction, pain notwithstanding. :D

It's really quite easy: watch the game and see what happens before you decide what happened...it's a choice.

It isn't so simple in my case. Defense mechanisms kick in. :oops:

LOL!!! Guilty as charged wrt #18!!!!! How many times have you been at a party or a sports bar when the Bills blow a game? Countless times I am sure. When McKelvin fumbles, or Eli Manning goes RIGHT down the firld for a TD, people start looking at you. I am NOT going to give them an animated reaction, pain notwithstanding. :D

It isn't so simple in my case. Defense mechanisms kick in. :oops:

Understood; just wanted to provide another perspective.

I am Mostly an 18 and a 20. Every week, I leave the Bills Backers Bar in Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati reminding myself that I have a good week of work ahead of me and that they'll play again next Sunday. Usually I don't want to see them for a very long time after week 17 so I don't mind leaving that one knowing they don't play again for a while.

#9 for sure...

It actually helps me now. i can sense when a team is about to blow it from years of being a Buffalo fan.

last playoffs i was watching the Falcons Seehawks game. The Falcons where up big at half but my cousin(also a Buffalo fan) and i kept saying this game is not over. You could sense the Seehawks where going to make a run. Most of the Falcon fans where celebrating. When Seattle went up on the Falcons the place went nuts. We closed out our tab because it was turning into a sh*t show...

Unlike recent Buffalo teams Atl came back to win obviously but i felt their pain for a second.