[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

with 15 minutes left in the show....Heller disappears to "help" the President.

and there was no sign of him in the previews next week.

HE IS THE MOLE!  HE is the one that set up his own kidnapping.  Yeah...I know...he tried to kill himself and his daughter by breaking the gas pipe....but...but....but....awww....hell....I don't know what I'm talking about.

nevermind.

282939[/snapback]

If Heller is a mole, I'm done with the show. There's just no way they can make that one make sense.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's to say the President is not in on this? I mean, he was a bit of a weasel last season when he was running for president.

283126[/snapback]

I saw the first season and didn't really watch again until this season. Could somebody fill me in on the whole presidential election that occurred in the interim? how did the last guy lose?

I saw the first season and didn't really watch again until this season. Could somebody fill me in on the whole presidential election that occurred in the interim? how did the last guy lose?

283152[/snapback]

David Palmer became President before season 2. During last season's crisis (which was in the middle of his campaign for re-election), he decided to not run for President again.

David Palmer became President before season 2. During last season's crisis (which was in the middle of his campaign for re-election), he decided to not run for President again.

283299[/snapback]

In a nutshell; in season three, President Palmer was involved in a scandal that his opponent (the man who is now the President) found out about. He threatened to use the information against Palmer, so Palmer decided not to seek re-election.

Not exactly like that, but close enough.

In a nutshell;  in season three, President Palmer was involved in a scandal that his opponent (the man who is now the President) found out about.  He threatened to use the information against Palmer, so Palmer decided not to seek re-election.

Not exactly like that, but close enough.

283319[/snapback]

In season 4, The President doesn't appear to be a negative character. At least he is portrayed to be neutral if anything. Was that the case in season 3? What was the scandal in season 3?

Are the previous two seasons worth checking out? I fell behind early on with season 2 so I stopped watching the show until this season.

In season 4, The President  doesn't appear to be a negative character. At least he is portrayed to be neutral if anything. Was that the case in season 3? What was the scandal in season 3?

Are the previous two seasons worth checking out? I fell behind early on with season 2 so I stopped watching the show until this season.

283678[/snapback]

Lets see, the President's brother/chief advisor had an affair with the wife of this shadowy businessman/politically connected rival type guy that 'had a history' with Palmer. The shadowy guy threatened to dish some dirt publically on Palmer unless Palmer canned his brother. Instead of firing his brother, Palmer sends his even shadowier/eviler ex wife over the shadowy guy's house to do something evil and shadowy to him to get him to drop the whole thing with Palmer's brother. Only the ex-wife ended up getting the shadowy guy dead. The ex-wife, then took this info to Palmer's opponent in the Presidential race, who threatened to make this public unless Palmer dropped out of the race, which he did. So that is how the current President got to be president. Does that do it?

I can't believe more hasn't been made of what looks to be the end of the one and only SHOHREH AGHDASHLOO, aka Mrs. Araz. Seriously though, I thought she was one of the best things about 24 this season. I guess she was nominated for an Academy Award (Best Supporting Actress) back in 2003, and it's obvious as to why. She did a fantastic job portraying that character...the scene in the most recent episode where she says goodbye to Behrus in the CTU cell...whew, folks, that's about as good as it gets.

Even though they don't come right out and say it, you just know that's the last time she'll be seeing her son and she does it all through facial expression. And that's a good actress.

RIP Mrs. Araz

Also, Chloe's back. Thoughts??

I can't believe more hasn't been made of what looks to be the end of the one and only SHOHREH AGHDASHLOO, aka Mrs. Araz.  Seriously though, I thought she was one of the best things about 24 this season.  I guess she was nominated for an Academy Award (Best Supporting Actress) back in 2003, and it's obvious as to why.  She did a fantastic job portraying that character...the scene in the most recent episode where she says goodbye to Behrus in the CTU cell...whew, folks, that's about as good as it gets. 

Even though they don't come right out and say it, you just know that's the last time she'll be seeing her son and she does it all through facial expression.  And that's a good actress.

RIP Mrs. Araz

Also, Chloe's back.  Thoughts??

284103[/snapback]

I agree with you on all counts and thought the same things. I'm 99% sure she was nominates for the House of Sand and Fog, in which she was excellent. I can't understand why her character wouldn't try to shoot Jack. That just didn't make any sense to me.

Would anyone be surprised to find out that former President Palmer is a cabinet member who happens to be in the line of succession for the presidency?

This whole season seems to be turning into a government conspiracy to eliminate the President and substitute him with someone whom the conspirators prefer for their agenda? JMHO

For some reason The Secretary of Defense is intricately involed with CTU on all of their decision making processes. The President is neatly tucked away in AF1 while we are about to be subjected to another "terrorist attack". Jack was a Palmer boy and he and the former President were very close buds, yet he was assigned to guard the Secretary of Defense.

I'm starting to think that Marwan is nothing but a pawn, being used by US government/political figures to further their own agenda, which is to replace the current President of the United States.

I agree with you on all counts and thought the same things.  I'm 99% sure she was nominates for the House of Sand and Fog, in which she was excellent.  I can't understand why her character wouldn't try to shoot Jack.  That just didn't make any sense to me.

284110[/snapback]

because if she shoots jack her son is as good as dead.

I can't understand why her character wouldn't try to shoot Jack.  That just didn't make any sense to me.

284110[/snapback]

She was trying to protect her son. She was clearly in a lose-lose situation. If the gun was loaded, she shoots Marwan followed by his men killing her - or she shoots Jack and loses her son. If it wasn't, she's killed anyway.

Did anyone else think back to last season when Jack had Chase in the EXACT same situation? I knew a *click* was coming....

She was trying to protect her son. She was clearly in a lose-lose situation. If the gun was loaded, she shoots Marwan followed by his men killing her - or she shoots Jack and loses her son. If it wasn't, she's killed anyway.

Did anyone else think back to last season when Jack had Chase in the EXACT same situation? I knew a *click* was coming....

284187[/snapback]

It's also interesting to note that unlike other characters who have been offed, we didn't SEE Araz get shot. It is possible (not likely, but possible) it was made to look that way for Jack's benifit.

Don't be surprised if she is still alive.

It's also interesting to note that unlike other characters who have been offed, we didn't SEE Araz get shot. It is possible (not likely, but possible) it was made to look that way for Jack's benifit.

Don't be surprised if she is still alive.

284192[/snapback]

I thought about that, too....they've done that in previous seasons, so it's a very good possibility they didn't actually kill her. Marwan might want to keep her for leverage of some sort.

I thought about that, too....they've done that in previous seasons, so it's a very good possibility they didn't actually kill her. Marwan might want to keep her for leverage of some sort.

284318[/snapback]

i think she is dead.

the scene in the most recent episode where she says goodbye to Behrus in the CTU cell...whew, folks, that's about as good as it gets. 

Even though they don't come right out and say it, you just know that's the last time she'll be seeing her son and she does it all through facial expression.  And that's a good actress.

284103[/snapback]

Something wasn't quite right with that scene. Between her facial expressions, and alternating locations of the kisses, it almost seemed to me that she was trying to tell Behrus something in code. Maybe my imagination was working over time that episode.

Something wasn't quite right with that scene.  Between her facial expressions, and alternating locations of the kisses, it almost seemed to me that she was trying to tell Behrus something in code.  Maybe my imagination was working over time that episode.

284321[/snapback]

i agree. i thought the same thing when i watched that.