[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.  i hadn't thought of that.  but now....i am.

interesting.  :P

248090[/snapback]

What made me think that Tony may have been involved in the kidnapping are the following:

- he appeared nervous when Jack said he needed to speak with him after Jack saw the kidnapping photos in the terrorist room

- Tony then went outside and took out his gun

- Tony was desperate before Jack called him 2 or 3 episodes (hours) ago. It is conceivable that someone contacted him and asked him how to circumvent security.

Also another theory: Because the ex-husband of the Sec. of Defense's daughter has a connection to the plot (ownership of the building) could it be that Heller is involved in cooperation with the defense contractor that built the override device? He could have arranged for the terrorists to use the building set up by the ex-husband or something. His involvement would sure explain a lot. How would the terrorists know to leave the room?

Also, I found it curious that the secretary of defense insisted on staying at CTU rather than returning to Washington. He said that he was needed because it "was chaos around here." Could it be that he wanted to be at CTU to monitor, redirect, or downright sabotoge their efforts? Could he have allowed the torturing of his son because he suspected that his Son knew about his potential complicty?

It certainly is interesting but I have to say I'm getting more and more annoyed by the way they handle the tactical situations on the show. Suspected terrorist haven? Send in 3 guys armed with pistols.

Possible lead to the terrorists at a down town office building? Send 2 suits and a computer guy with the suspect instead of completely locking down the area.

Uh, OK.

It certainly is interesting but I have to say I'm getting more and more annoyed by the way they handle the tactical situations on the show.  Suspected terrorist haven?  Send in 3 guys armed with pistols.

Possible lead to the terrorists at a down town office building?  Send 2 suits and a computer guy with the suspect instead of completely locking down the area.

Uh, OK.

248542[/snapback]

Exactly, were they worried about hurting someones feelings??? Shouldn't they have busted in there in full force and just taken control of the network? Their CTU for God's sake, why should they have to be all coy and undercover while trying to stop 5 nuclear meltdowns?

Loved the rest of the the show though.

Oh yeah, sorry for the delay, I TIVO 24 and watch it on Wed. nights.

Exactly, were they worried about hurting someones feelings??? Shouldn't they have busted in there in full force and just taken control of the network? Their CTU for God's sake, why should they have to be all coy and undercover while trying to stop 5 nuclear meltdowns?

Oh yeah, sorry for the delay, I TIVO 24 and watch it on Wed. nights.

251368[/snapback]

Not just the fact that they're CTU, but they also have pretty much the full resources of the nation at their disposal. There's no way in the real world that they don't send a veritable army to that office building if that's the only real lead to the terrorists they have.

I Tivo it too - though I watch it on Tuesday. Next week's looks like something.

So now the second (or third, perhaps) act begins. Jesus, next week looks like it will bring some entirely new turns (preview for next week spoilers):

* Tony in charge of CTU now?! What a day this guy has had...

* What is happening to Jack in the preview? It looks like he is in some kind of weapons launch pad and in some kind of trouble...

* Arms dealers selling weapons to terrorists?

* Marwan obviously has designs on some other acts of terrorism...

Exciting season -- can't wait for the rest, even if it does make me shiver. :rolleyes:

Tonight's episode was very good! I still think Tony may have given information as to how to bypass security to kidnap Heller and his daughter, even if he did not know who he was giving the info to. Now he realizes the magnitude of his mistake and is trying to make amends.

Sucks about teh directors daughter - though at least that annoying subplot is over.

AMEN TO THAT! That was a weekly waste of 5 - 10 minutes that could have been used on the main plot.

256427[/snapback]

I'm glad that they offed her. The world is going to hell in a hand basket and the director is running every few minutes to talk to her daughter. Why couldn't they just sedate the girl until the 23 hrs were over with?

Also another theory: Because the ex-husband of the Sec. of Defense's daughter has a connection to the plot (ownership of the building) could it be that Heller is involved in cooperation with the defense contractor that built the override device? He could have arranged for the terrorists to use the building set up by the ex-husband or something. His involvement would sure explain a lot. How would the terrorists know to leave the room?

Also, I found it curious that the secretary of defense insisted on staying at CTU rather than returning to Washington. He said that he was needed because it "was chaos around here." Could it be that he wanted to be at CTU to monitor, redirect, or downright sabotoge their efforts? Could he have allowed the torturing of his son because he suspected that his Son knew about his potential complicty?

248500[/snapback]

The Secretary of Defense is not involved in the terrorist plot. He's there to be the administration's man on the scene. Last time I checked, Michael Moore wasn't a writer on this show.

IF YOU DID NOT WATCH THE PREVIEWS, SPOILER INFORMATION BELOW FOR NEXT WEEK.

Tonight's episode was very good! I still think Tony may have given information as to how to bypass security to kidnap Heller and his daughter, even if he did not know who he was giving the info to. Now he realizes the magnitude of his mistake and is trying to make amends.

Sucks about teh directors daughter - though at least that annoying subplot is over.

256407[/snapback]

The reason they had that subplot in there is because according to the previews she resigns and Tony is appointed the interim head of CTU.

I wonder what Edgar is going to say about Driscoll being able to leave because her daughter died, but he can't because his mother died.

And Curtis went from pansy to ass kicker in this episode.

256562[/snapback]

Amen to that. I was kind of getting annoyed at the fact that unless you were Jack or Tony, your ass kicking skills were subpar. Curtis pulled out the whoopin stick last night. I still think it is kinda cheesey that the SWAT CTU team members are so easily overcome buy Joe terrorist but thats Hollywood I guess.

i'm not convinced Driscoll resigns.

the look the SOD gave her when she left to go to the infirmary once the shut downs were complete was a bit odd.....almost as to say..."why aren't you happy about this?"

i think once he hears the news that her kid is dead he is responsible for removing her from duty.

SPOILER BELOW.....

* What is happening to Jack in the preview?  It looks like he is in some kind of weapons launch pad and in some kind of trouble...

256403[/snapback]

My guess is that was some sort of EMP device. They were talking about "getting that chopper out of the air", yet Jack was in the room with the thing...so it would be non-lethal to humans, yet would definitely knock a chopper out of the air, and cause all sorts of other havoc if it went off in downtown LA.

i'm not convinced Driscoll resigns.

the look the SOD gave her when she left to go to the infirmary once the shut downs were complete was a bit odd.....almost as to say..."why aren't you happy about this?"

i think once he hears the news that her kid is dead he is responsible for removing her from duty.

256570[/snapback]

The one that has to be pissed now is Sarah. I wonder if she still gets that promotion and pay raise Driscoll promised?

The one that has to be pissed now is Sarah. I wonder if she still gets that promotion and pay raise Driscoll promised?

256688[/snapback]

If that's the sh-- she's worried about on a day like this, she should be fired. Besides, the SOD and everyone knows or will know what she went through. I don't think it will have anything to do with the show, but she will be taken good care of.

I was bothered by the Driscoll plot line only because it would seem that a person in her position would understand that nothing gets in the way of the job, and would have sent her child to a hospital. But I understand it as a means to the end of Tony's new role.

SPOILER BELOW.....

My guess is that was some sort of EMP device.  They were talking about "getting that chopper out of the air", yet Jack was in the room with the thing...so it would be non-lethal to humans, yet would definitely knock a chopper out of the air, and cause all sorts of other havoc if it went off in downtown LA.

256684[/snapback]

Wow good call. Awesome episode again tonight. Seems like Marwan has also infiltrated the Air Force if I heard that correctly. Not good news. Of course Jack and Paul his new pal are not in good shape in the completely powerless M-F HQ. Glad Driscoll and the bad actress who plays her is finally gone - pissed that Michelle is coming back, more of an unnecessary storyline trying to tie back to last season, but oh well. Love the intensity of this season, and the fact that its "non-stop" as they like to say on Fox all the time adds even more to that.