[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i know its entertainment, but this show bugged me last night.  Besides the whole "Critical reactor" thing, how is it that edgars was close enough to go help his mother, who was near the meltdown on the west coast? (I presume Edgar was at CTU in DC).

Why didnt Navi just shoot baruz when he shot his brother? 

240374[/snapback]

1. Edgar, like everyone else, is working at the Los Angeles branch of CTU. No idea why he thought he could get to his mother in time, no matter where she was on the West Coast, but he probably just wasn't thinking straight. Aside from him trying to leave the office, it was a good storyline last night (though I wonder why he waited as long as he did to warn her).

2. Navi probably didn't kill Baruz right away because he needed to know where his wife was (not sure why he was ready to kill him in the stairwell so soon but oh well....). Besides, killing a little weiner like Baruz probably doesn't seem like much of a challenge to a badass terrorist.

That's what I got.

1. Edgar, like everyone else, is working at the Los Angeles branch of CTU. No idea why he thought he could get to his mother in time, no matter where she was on the West Coast, but he probably just wasn't thinking straight. Aside from him trying to leave the office, it was a good storyline last night (though I wonder why he waited as long as he did to warn her).

2. Navi probably didn't kill Baruz right away because he needed to know where his wife was (not sure why he was ready to kill him in the stairwell so soon but oh well....). Besides, killing a little weiner like Baruz probably doesn't seem like much of a challenge to a badass terrorist.

That's what I got.

1. Okay, I accept that, and did not know that they were out of LA.....however, assuming now that he could get to his mother in time (15 minutes i believe they said on the show), shouldnt CTU also be evaccuated or at least be going to minimal staffing, as they must also be nearby.

2. I still dont get this baruz/navi thing. He apparently was going to kill him, then didnt for some reason, then was going to again until he found out what was going on. Also, he has to know that his wife isnt going to ruin the day. Its baruz he has to worry about.

1.  Okay, I accept that, and did not know that they were out of LA.....however, assuming now that he could get to his mother in time (15 minutes i believe they said on the show), shouldnt CTU also be evaccuated or at least be going to minimal staffing, as they must also be nearby.

2. I still dont get this baruz/navi thing.  He apparently was going to kill him, then didnt for some reason, then was going to again until he found out what was going on.  Also, he has to know that his wife isnt going to ruin the day.  Its baruz he has to worry about.

240406[/snapback]

Navi couldn't kill Berhus because the wife is MORE important. She knows the entire plan, Berhus doesn't. All Behrus knew about was the kidnapping (in earlier episodes, Navi and the Dina talked about why they kept their son in the dark...). So, Behrus living or dying at this point isn't a real issue for Navi, it's his wife that could ruin it all.

As for the Edgar thing, on the map of the reactors, the powerplant that was melting down looked like it was in San Diego (I think...not 100 percent sure), so CTU doesn't need to be evacuated. However, Edgar was just pissed and desperate...he wasn't thinking clearly (as others have said).

1.  Okay, I accept that, and did not know that they were out of LA.....however, assuming now that he could get to his mother in time (15 minutes i believe they said on the show), shouldnt CTU also be evaccuated or at least be going to minimal staffing, as they must also be nearby.

2. I still dont get this baruz/navi thing.  He apparently was going to kill him, then didnt for some reason, then was going to again until he found out what was going on.  Also, he has to know that his wife isnt going to ruin the day.  Its baruz he has to worry about.

240406[/snapback]

1. All I can figure is he wasn't thinking straight.

2. He put the gun to his head but I have to think he was going to ask about his wife before he killed the kid. Of course, Baruz brought her up before he had the chance. And as far as he was concerned, his wife is a traitor and he can't trust her any more than he can the kid (thought she made it clear to Jack later that she wouldn't mind seeing everyone die).

(I don't mind taking a leap of faith or two to enjoy the show.)

1.  All I can figure is he wasn't thinking straight.

2.  He put the gun to his head but I have to think he was going to ask about his wife before he killed the kid.  Of course, Baruz brought her up before he had the chance.  And as far as he was concerned, his wife is a traitor and he can't trust her any more than he can the kid (thought she made it clear to Jack later that she wouldn't mind seeing everyone die).

(I don't mind taking a leap of faith or two to enjoy the show.)

240429[/snapback]

And this episode had a GREAT ending. Possibly the best one-liner to end a show....

"You get that?"

His look was priceless...badass Jack is coming out! lol

Good episode though.

247948[/snapback]

It did seem like general theme #1 was "Do NOT trust a woman"

(Damn good advice, btw)

And general theme #2 was "even though we made the groundbreaking fictional characterization of actual Arab terrorists, they secretly work for blue-eyed grey-haired white businessmen"

Would not Powell's amputated thumb have unlocked Mariane's PC?

247958[/snapback]

Yeah, that was my first thought too... I actually said that at the time to the folks I was watching it with. Harks back to the first season when Jack took that one shooter's thumb for ID purposes.

Interesting theory about the Secretary though some things still don't quite jibe, like his deadbeat hippie son.

Would not Powell's amputated thumb have unlocked Mariane's PC?  They need not have risked her or Curtis.  That was the Secretary's call.  Maybe he is the top grey haired white man. The kidnapping was a distraction and a cover.

247958[/snapback]

I was wondering that myself. And also wondering what Jack and Tony might also have seen in the basement as to what else could happen today.

Ms Driscoll is making an awful lot of backroom deals for advanement and payraises. :P

When will they track down Chloe's boyfriend from the first couple of episodes?

Isn't he the guy that hacked in to find this Terror group in the first place?

Was I dreaming, or did Marianne's eyes open after they took Curtis out of the room?

Anyone here suspect that Tony helped plan the kidnapping? or worse?

248085[/snapback]

It's possible...note that Jack keeps saying how Tony is the only one he can trust right now. This show has a history of leading the viewer to believe one thing, while the opposite is true. Having said that, I'd say probably not. I think Tony just wants to get his life back.

Be ready for someone else within CTU to be a legitmate mole - like Sara.

Was I dreaming, or did Marianne's eyes open after they took Curtis out of the room?

248089[/snapback]

I couldn't tell with the crappy picture on my TV. Though I was wondering if maybe they outfitted her with a vest after what happened with the suspect Jack picked up two episodes ago at the helicopter.