OT - Disneyworld Advice

EZC-Boston

Marty, I got tickets to the Datona 500... I'm not even all that into racing, but I got one for free, and I heard its fun as hell, so I'm going... have you been to a live race? I heard they are crazy.. .

200829[/snapback]

Only once, went to Dover it was awesome, I didn't go to any races last year, but won't make that mistake this year. Was pondering Daytona, but not in the budget, probably something within driving distance.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Disneyland (LA) in August for free because my fiance's mom knew some employees there that are allowed to bring in guests (each employee can bring in 3 guests free)

anyhow, the magic just isn't there for me anymore...when I was 8, Disneyworld (in Florida) was the most amazing place to me...at age 12 when I went again, it wasn't quite as fun...at age 25, it's an interesting place, but I think I'd spend my money elsewhere...I like crazy rollercoasters and Disney doesn't make any of those

Disneyworld is like walking in the middle of one giant,continuous TV commercial.It's for Kids,and it's too f'in expensive..If you're traveling with your girlfriend,get a room in a nice hotel on a beach somewhere with room service instead.It'l be a much better time.

*Trust me.*..........................................

200941[/snapback]

This is good advice Marty...

Like i mentioned in another post (about having a three day weekend), we are thinking of going down to islamorada. . . If you are looking for a florida vacation with a girl, not only is it tropical, but its not nearly as expensive as Key West, yet it is about an hour away.

You could fly into Miami's airport (or save a few bucks and fly into Ft Lauderdale) and rent a car (you'd have to in Orlando anyway), and drive down (from Ft. Lauderdale, about 2 hours, max) and make a nice vacation out of that. The drive to the keys is beautiful anyway, you just take US1 till you cant go anymore.

Tons of hotels/motels and tons of tiki bars, and nicer bars too.

Good times all around, and shockingly, you'd spend a bunch less than at Disney.

Just some food for thought.

See the Space Center (1 day) and pay for the better tour. April is around the time that the shuttle is going up. When I was there in 2000, the shuttle was up in orbit at the time. You can see it launch from anywhere in that part of the state.

I got a package from AAA and stayed at the All-Stars resort. Was about $50/night. You can take the bus to the parks and get in one hour early. Lots of good restaurants. Liked the one in The Living Seas. Also liked Prime Time Cafe. It has a 50's decor- the waitresses act like your mother and send people to the bathroom to was their hands. If you misbehave the make you stand in the corner. If you eat all on your plate, she shows the rest of the place your plate and you get a sticker. It was a blast.

Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney are a must. Downtown Disney has Circe du Solei, Wolfgang Pucks, House of Blues. There is a 5 story virtual reality place where you can get in a rollercoaster simulator (including 360 loops) and several cool games.

In Pleasure Island, I like the Adventure's Club. It is an Adventurer's Club and it is 1937 inside. There are several actors who play the club president, members, butler and maid. There is a funny "radio show" in the library. The actors may change roles from day to day and the maid may be the club president the next time. It's interesting to see how thay can change so much to fit the role.

Also if you stay on site, you can get rippedand take the bus at closing back to your room and not have to worry about driving.

One of the best vacations I ever had.

I know it wasn't mentioned on here but if you get the opportunity to go on a Disney Cruise don't pass it up. We went in 2001 and it was unfreakingreal. The food was divine, the entertainment was top notch (adult & kids), the activities were great, shore excursions were fantastic. I've went on about five or six Royal Carribean cruises but they are no comparison to Disney.

Well, without reading through all the other posts I can suggest the following:

Stay at Quality Suites Maingate east. There are 2 bedroom suites with a kitchen dining room and living room and they are very inexpensive. It's 10 minutes from disney and you can stock the kitchen so you dont have to eat on site. They also offer a free continental breakfast.

Get fast passes. At each of the attractions you can get a fast pass that will allow you to skip lines at a later time in the day.

Smoked turkey leg- must get one.

Bring your own water- the bottled water on site is a fortune and the city water will gag you.

http://www.disboards.com/index.php?

If you're inclined, get a book from Border's or Barnes and Nobles by Birnbaum.  A good idea is to stay at a Disney property (they have "All Star" Sports, Music, Movies, and Pop Century for $77/night usually) because everyday you get to get into a park an hour earlier than non-Disney guests.

And if you check out Epcot, and you should, make sure you visit Ice Station Cool.

200702[/snapback]

I agree with staying at a Disney property because it is so convenient. But waiting for the buses in the morning and evening can be a pain. My .02 - pick a location (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc) where you will go for a day and get up early and drive there right before it opens. You will get a fairly close parking spot and will not have to wait for the buses going there and coming back. Since you are staying in Disney, parking is free at their parks. For about the first 2 hours in the morning, we (kids and us) were able to get in the popular rides without waiting. And read the nuances about using Fast Pass. Once you get the hang of it, use it to get on a ride right away when the lines are 2 hours long.

If you know a Florida resident, contact them as there are GREAT savings allotted to state residents. The tix purchases would have to go through them -Fla drivers license is required, but the savings can be as much as 50%!!! I know, I live here.

If you know a Florida resident, contact them as there are GREAT savings allotted to state residents. The tix purchases would have to go through them -Fla drivers license is required, but the savings can be as much as 50%!!! I know, I live here.

202501[/snapback]

Bob is right. Most parks run a special for Florida residents where you pay around $100.00 (normally two day admission prices) and you get the rest of the year for free. These are normally around April. Of course this doesn't help visitors, but if your a local.. I have Sea World passes, lots of fun. I try to go on the weekends for lunch with the fam.

Jeff