Background on Moss's moon shot

JarHeadJim

Just saw an interview with Tony Dungy and he was asked about Moss's TD celebration. Dungy said that GB fans are reknown for "mooning" the visiting team's bus on the way out of Lambeau after a loss. Dungy said the fans line up and all moon the bus. Dungy said he has seen it 7 times since he has lost the last 7 meetings there so he knew the origin of it and thought it was funny.

Not that I am condoning it, but it makes a little more since now.

Just saw an interview with Tony Dungy and he was asked about Moss's TD celebration. Dungy said that GB fans are reknown for "mooning" the visiting team's bus on the way out of Lambeau after a loss. Dungy said the fans line up and all moon the bus. Dungy said he has seen it 7 times since he has lost the last 7 meetings there so he knew the origin of it and thought it was funny.

200619[/snapback]

Just goes to show how classless some of the Packer fan-base is...

damn shame with all the team's great history. :D

200619[/snapback]

So he was giving it back to the obnoxious fans....good for him. I don't understand why anyone would care much about this thing anyway, but hearing that makes it even funnier. Thanks for the info.

So he was giving it back to the obnoxious fans....good for him.  I don't understand why anyone would care much about this thing anyway, but hearing that makes it even funnier.    Thanks for the info.

200696[/snapback]

biggest over-reaction since the over-reaction of JJ's gross looking boob

200619[/snapback]

Here is a link to the published article with the Dungy quote toward the middle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3311208

If he would have actually dropped his pants and actually shot the crowd a moon, then I can see people being in an uproar over it. He faked the moon and Slama-Lama-Ding-Dong made a big deal of it on TV and everybody is going crazy over it today. How about the TV cameras showing Moss yelling at the fans in the first quarter "Look at the scoreboard M-F-ers" Lipreaders everywhere should be outraged about that. The overreacting to nothing is getting just a little ridiculous.

Guest BackInDaDay

He didn't simulate dropping his drawers to moon the fans.

He simulated dropping his drawers to wipe his bare a$$ on the goal post pad that reads PACKERS.

I understand that some African-American NFL coaches and athletes, may feel compelled to offer explanations for such behaviour.

America's black men and women have had thier image of self formed in a white society. A society only decades removed from the scourge of racism that had once labelled them as soul-less animals. Why shouldn't proud, black Americans be concerned that their race's greatest accomplishments and contributions won't be enough to balance against the embarrassing actions of the few. The perception of this unbalanced societal scoreboard forces the rationalization of bad behaviour.

In other words, by rendering anti-social behaviours as insignificant, they can be excused from the tally, and won't effect the way one race judges another.

I think you'll find the responses to this type of thing vary by age group, not race, and that's a very good thing. For me, it means that perceptions are changing for the better among all of us.

Yeah, OK, Buffalo fans don't do anything tactless to the visitors entourage :lol:

200653[/snapback]

Never. I've never seen our fans boot the boots to some guy because he was wearing opposing colors. We're angels. :D

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to talk about this tradition. Nice job JHJ!

I remember Bills fans giving Bryan Cox the business, and he responds by flipping them off with both hands and spitting on them.

So using the logic that Moss was just responding to what was done to him--it was not big deal either what Cox did because the fans were abusive first.

Hmmm..kay :D

At what point do we ask the players and the fans to act like adults?

Yeah, OK, Buffalo fans don't do anything tactless to the visitors entourage :D

200653[/snapback]

Yeah, moon 'em. It's funny. Jets busses were pulling out while I was at my last game and you could year "F&*k You!", "You SUCK!", etc.. echoing down Big Tree.

(My buddy's wife was one of those that yelled.. funny stuff).

-Jeff

Yeah, moon 'em. It's funny.  Jets busses were pulling out while I was at my last game and you could year "F&*k You!", "You SUCK!", etc.. echoing down Big Tree. 

(My buddy's wife was one of those that yelled.. funny stuff).

-Jeff

200920[/snapback]

A few years ago my crew was about to get on the Skyway to go to the Ralph. A Steelers' team bus, covered with a huge painting of Bettis, was about to pull out from the Adam's Mark with a few dozen Steeler fans sstranding around to wish them well. We all got out of the cars, flipped them the fist and forearm as well as the bird and flew the colors. The bus was between us and the fans, but the Steelers on the bus saw us and flipped us back.

It was great!