If you play Fantasy Football...

Wondering how many carries he'll split with Fred in this new offense and how they will use him. I know Chan acted like a kid in the candy store calling plays for him but then really never played him enough. He is a tempting fantasy guy but not sure to take a RB with 1st pick.

Yes, I'm taking him 1st overall if I can. AP might be a safer pick but CJ could very well put up '00 Marshall Faulk or '06 LT numbers this season. Also this year is deeper than ever at QB so it makes a ton of sense to go RB in the 1st. There used to be a huge gap between Rodgers/Brady/Brees and everyone else but now we have RG3, Kaepernick, Luck, Newton, Matt Ryan and the Mannings all right there.

I'll be shocked if CJ winds up on any of my teams this year, because I expect him to be over-drafted. Like top 5 overall. And while you can certainly make a case that he deserves that ranking, there's too much uncertainty there (Fred might share time, we don't know how good the O will be, Marrone/Hackett used 3 backs at SU) to justify that high a pick for me.

In my main league, they laughed at me for drafting Spiller in the 4th round last year. Didn't keep laughing very long.

Yes, I'm taking him 1st overall if I can. AP might be a safer pick but CJ could very well put up '00 Marshall Faulk or '06 LT numbers this season. Also this year is deeper than ever at QB so it makes a ton of sense to go RB in the 1st. There used to be a huge gap between Rodgers/Brady/Brees and everyone else but now we have RG3, Kaepernick, Luck, Newton, Matt Ryan and the Mannings all right there.

Good point on QB depth. I really like Kaepernick at QB. RGIII's injury issues scare me in the 1st but he would be a risk/reward guy. Newton is another one, probably will be on a bad team and need to put up a ton of points.

I'll be shocked if CJ winds up on any of my teams this year, because I expect him to be over-drafted. Like top 5 overall. And while you can certainly make a case that he deserves that ranking, there's too much uncertainty there (Fred might share time, we don't know how good the O will be, Marrone/Hackett used 3 backs at SU) to justify that high a pick for me.

In my main league, they laughed at me for drafting Spiller in the 4th round last year. Didn't keep laughing very long.

4th rd was a steal for Spiller last year, lucky. We have a local FF expert on the radio here in C-bus and every week Spiller was his #1 go-to guy, make sure you play him, etc. If he's there when I draft, will be tough to not take.

Barring injury, Spiller will be a top 5 fantasy back this year. Especially in PPR leagues, as I expect him to get a lot more receptions in Hackett's offense. I'd take him if AP, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and Doug Martin were off the board. I'd take him ahead of guys like T-Rich, McCoy, Charles, and Morris.

I will let you know in July when all of the Fantasy Football magazines are on the news stands!

True - will be interesting too to see how much of the offense is actually unveiled in the preseason as FF drafts take place right before reg season. But CJ prob won't play much. If I am Marrone I keep it under wraps as much as possible as long as they can still properly evaluate and get their rhythm going.

True - will be interesting too to see how much of the offense is actually unveiled in the preseason as FF drafts take place right before reg season. But CJ prob won't play much. If I am Marrone I keep it under wraps as much as possible as long as they can still properly evaluate and get their rhythm going.

Especially considering we open up the year against the Pats.

Fred is done. I expect a free agent pickup, like Bradshaw or an UDFA, to replace him at some point. Either way, Spiller will get the vast majority of carries. He's a top-six running back. There is a huge amount of Q.B. depth and W.R. depth relative to running back, so he'll be a first-round pick.

I didn't get the memo that Fred was done yet.........hope your wrong there but i can see a small chance that does hold true

as far as this topic goes..........you guys have fun with his I have CJ Spiller in a keeper PPR league....... easily gonna be one of my two keepers. no more Gailey Spiller freezeouts

Edited by Ryan L Billz