Fred Davis is kicking himself post draft

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're quoting a whole sentence, yes. "Bill's" was not a sentence. The fact that the quoted word happened to come last in my sentence was incidental.

Then again, I'm an accountant so I could be wrong.

That's not the case. Periods and commas, in American English, always go inside of quotation marks. Semicolons and question marks, if not part of the quoted sentence, are placed outside of the quotation marks. See the link in my original post.

Apparently Davis has backtracked from his original remarks. So predictable.

His agent has released the following statement:

I can see the guy but I can't remember his name either. He drives a Taurus…. has a reputation for being cheap….

:lol: :lol: Well played!

I don't get wrapped up in it, it just blows my mind when I read some of the stuff on here sometimes. Read the amusing story above from Bills4. You don't want to write a cover letter or send an email to a prospective employer with a "your" when it should be "you're." If just one fellow Bills fan took the time to look up when to use the proper "your" or the proper "there" or when not to use apostrophes, etc. because of the dialogue in this forum, then I feel like we accomplished something. Just looking out for my fellow Bills fans, that's all.

Well, as my father (an english teacher) used to remind us: there is a difference in knowing your ****, than knowing you're ****!

Edited by Buftex

Grammar nazis: for when the topic of discussion just isn't as important as being anal retentive.

Everytime-You-Mispell-A-Word-You-Make-A-Grammar-Nazi-Cry.gif

Your rite, their was alot of ... I can't do this anymore, it's too hard... Are you seriously suggesting that there is profound information hidden somewhere in this thread? Information that was somehow obscured by the grammar police? :huh: