Power Rankings '13-'14

Absolutely meaningless. Nobody has played a single down yet. Ranking teams at this point in the off season is an exercise in futility. And besides, it came from ESPN. They have absolutely zero credibility. Might as well draw team's names from a hat. I went to the rank 'em yourself part and put the Bills at #1. My pick means as much as theirs.

Bills will lose lots and lots of games this year

Absolutely meaningless. Nobody has played a single down yet. Ranking teams at this point in the off season is an exercise in futility. And besides, it came from ESPN. They have absolutely zero credibility. Might as well draw team's names from a hat. I went to the rank 'em yourself part and put the Bills at #1. My pick means as much as theirs.

you are Ralph Wilson's favorite kind of fan, one that will look the other way and open the wallet

They dropped us two spots because we didnt draft the way 'they' wanted. As several posters commented, these rankings dont mean much...other than an analyst's momentary opinion of a team. Had we made all the selections they wanted (Austin, then whatever QB we could get at the top of the second), they would have moved us up 3 spots...lol

they probably just know it irks us and will respond. like people said, it's to inspire discussion and controversy. we pretty much always win 6 or 7 games and pretty much ALWAYS end up 30th the next season when we don't lose anyone (or at least lose more than we gain) so it never really makes sense.

also, never agreed that defending champ should be #1. by that logic, there is no point to creating rankings, you would simply list teams in reverse draft order and be done with it. that said, i'd be inclined to put the Ravens high because they brought in about as much talent as they lost.

Bills will lose lots and lots of games this year

you are Ralph Wilson's favorite kind of fan, one that will look the other way and open the wallet

Yes, as a matter of fact, I love Mr. Wilson. The team that he brought to Western NY when I was a boy has brought me many years of entertainment. If you hate him and the Bills so much, why not find another team. I am a fan and I love this team. My point, which you obviously completely missed, is that the ESPN power rankings, particularly at this stage mean absolutely nothing. Hence "Might as well pull the names out of a hat". Perhaps that is too complex for you to comprehend.

I am not sure what the knock on the behavioral issues with Alonso are. So the kid got a DUI at 19, mistakes happen, especially mistakes like these at 19. Then he slept in the wrong house drunk on the couch. Hell I have a very responsible, well to do, friend who graduated from Princeton, in an effort to not drive home, (from St. Catherine's) he slept in a strangers car by accident.

Coupled with grade issues, I'm guessing its silly for us to assume there's nothing else to his stories. Hopefully he's turned a corner but I'd guess odds are he's been a bit more of a handful than 2 nights.

If you look at power rankings as serious, useful data designed to illuminate how good your team is going to end up in a season, "your an idiot."

If you look at power rankings as a single snapshot at a particular point in time solely for entertainment purposes and arguments, they're fun.

Bills will lose lots and lots of games this year you are Ralph Wilson's favorite kind of fan, one that will look the other way and open the wallet

As opposed to every other team owner, who I'm certain prefer their fans to sit and home and not buy tickets.

Great point.

Grow up...every post you make is about how much the team sucks. Either get over it and move on, or find another team to root for....being this miserable is unhealthy.

Thank you. I cant stand it when fans come on here just to b^tch and talk about how awful the Bills are and how everything the Bills do is bad. This is entertainment and being a fan is voluntary. If being a fan of the Bills fills you up with this much negative energy, find something new to do with your free time.