How does Steve Johnson feel this morning, do you think?

82 members have voted

1. 1. Does he feel:

• Euphoric?
    • Ponderous?
    • Apprehensive?
    • Or just...Aroused?
    • All of the Above?

:lol: How about that for a poll?

In all serioussness, to go from begging FAs to come here...to this?

Steve has to be freaking out. I am sure he is glad for the help, but, does anybody else think there's a little voice, however small, that says "Hey now, I better bring it in OTAs"?

No, I think Stevie is far too valuable on his own. I would imagine he's been hoping for a semblance of help so our offense can present a deceptive formation here and there, and not make it "either Spiller gets it or we're trying to cram it to Stevie."

Edited by thepizzaking

OK, odd choice of words there...

But seriously, I don't see how he's anything but excited. I remember that we were always saying, "If only we had a big, fast, strong receiver on the outside, we could put Stevie in the slot, where he would be unstoppable." Well, maybe we don't have that guy yet but Da'Rick Rodgers was an absolute steal and has a great chance of being able to play on the side. Robert Woods is considered a Day 1 starter. Goodwin and Graham are Olympic athlete speedsters, and with all of those raw talents, Stevie is still the #1 guy. He's done it with hard work and being crafty, and is still insanely elusive.

Stevie seems like a good guy. He likes to have fun in games, yes, he is a good person i believe.

Stevie's experience as a 7th round pick who is now a real NFL star could be huge with some of these young WRs coming in.

I hope Stevie and Rogers get along. I think Stevie could help Rogers out a lot as a mentor for what it takes to succeed in this league. Lets hope Rogers is up for the challenge. On paper he has as much if not more raw talent then Stevie had, lets hope Rogers has the work ethic and stays away from trouble like Stevie did.

Stevie seems like a good guy. He likes to have fun in games, yes, he is a good person i believe.

Stevie's experience as a 7th round pick who is now a real NFL star could be huge with some of these young WRs coming in.

I hope Stevie and Rogers get along. I think Stevie could help Rogers out a lot as a mentor for what it takes to succeed in this league. Lets hope Rogers is up for the challenge. On paper he has as much if not more raw talent then Stevie had, lets hope Rogers has the work ethic and stays away from trouble like Stevie did.

After meeting him in person and talking to him and his wife, Stevie is a stand up guy and VERY mature. People give him a bad rap for being immature on the field. The dude loves his job and wants to have fun. Off the field he's very well spoken, intelligent and an overall great guy.

He doesn't even think of himself as a celebrity or anything. When I met him he kept saying "I'm a normal guy just like you." If Rogers sticks with Stevie and listens, he'll be fine

From everything he's posted so far, he seems very happy with the picks and signing, and understandably so. He cant be the only guy catching passes.

And really, our WR corp breaks down like this:

Stevie - #1 guy, his job and spot are safe (but it doesnt mean he can relax)

Woods - Big rookie pick to play #2, his spot is safe unless he screws it up

Then everyone else will be battling for the remaining 2-4 spots. I think Brad Smith and Easley are the ones that should be worried.

Edited by DrDareustein

There is real competition at the WR position. What that means is that every WR on the roster should be pushing hard to make the final cut. All of them know what is at stake, so all of them will need to compete. You can try and guess who should be the most nervous, but in the end I think they all know that they are going to have to put in the work and who ever ends up on top.........well, they end up on top.

Don't think you can really read much more into it.

I am actually a little surprised that people think that he would be anything but euphoric. The guys is a star and a top 20 WR (ish). He did this while playing with trash (absolute trash). Teams always had to gameplan for him and no one else and he is still always open!! We actually underrate Stevie IMO. He is in the class of a Boldin, Bowe, Wallace, Jennings, Crabtree. He just hasn't had the threats around him at QB or WR.