(OT) GO METS!

Frez

The Mets have reached an agreement in principle with free-agent Carlos Beltran on a $119-million seven-year deal, pending a physical on Monday. The press conference should take place Tuesday. The agreement also includes an $11-million signing bonus and a no-trade clause as part of the deal.

Carlos, welcome to the good part of town.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy him!  The Mets severely overpaid him.  IMO, he is NOT worth $45 more than Vlad Guerrero.

199865[/snapback]

But is he worth a million dollars LESS than roid-boy and defensive liability Jason Giambi?

Didn't the brilliant Yankees pay him $120 for 7 years?

My Yanks are loaded anyways.  How come you friggin hyprocrites arent crying that the Mets arent trying to buy a championship?  wah!  wah!

199868[/snapback]

Because this is the first time the Mets have made a signing like this since 1998, stupid. You fat asses make signing like this EVERY YEAR.

Because this is the first time the Mets have made a signing like this since 1998, stupid. You fat asses make signing like this EVERY YEAR.

199931[/snapback]

The first signing like this since 1998? Um dumbass- they just signed Pedro Martinez to a 4 year $54 million contract. Last year the Mets had a $98 million payroll- 4th highest in the majors. The Mets tried desperately to acquire Arod and they made a run at Vlady. Wah! Wah!

For future reference-its a good idea when you call someone stupid in an arrogant, condescending way to get your facts straight. :lol::lol::lol:

Eat your heart out Yankees fans?? :lol::lol::lol::D

Good part of town!?!?!? :D:D

Why must a Mets fan or any other fan point out the Yankees when they make a great signing? What do the Yankees have to do with it?

When the Yankees signed Carl Pavano, did you see any "Eat this Mets Fans"? No...because 1. Who Cares and 2. It has NOTHING to do with the Met$

Its sad really....really sad.

199931[/snapback]

Glavine dosent count? :lol:

Please Met$ fan$...$top trying to think your team is a small market and dont look for $ympahty...there is no more of this Fred Coupon talk anymore....those days are OVER...I hope the Met$$$$$$$$ get Delgado too....

But is he worth a million dollars LESS than roid-boy and defensive liability Jason Giambi?

Didn't the brilliant Yankees pay him $120 for 7 years?

199902[/snapback]

As I pointed out on the board yesterday, you won't get a single Yankee fan to acknowledge what a joke the Giambi situation is, yet they can bust the Mets for signing a guy who has NATURAL talent, not talent created by a chemical company.

Clement, Carl Pavano?? I think acquiring Randy Johnson a much bigger asset to pitching staff. I think Pavano will not thrive in AL. He is a # 3 or #4. on yanks staff.I think the Yanks are at 200+million& Steinny does have a limit. Yanks wanted Beltran but just could not overspend on him. If they got out of Roid boys contract, Beltran would be a Yank

Eat your heart out Yankees fans??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Good part of town!?!?!?  :D  :D

Why must a Mets fan or any other fan point out the Yankees when they make a great signing?  What do the Yankees have to do with it?

When the Yankees signed Carl Pavano, did you see any "Eat this Mets Fans"?  No...because 1.  Who Cares and 2. It has NOTHING to do with the Met$

200030[/snapback]

As I pointed out on the board yesterday, you won't get a single Yankee fan to acknowledge what a joke the Giambi situation is, yet they can bust the Mets for signing a guy who has NATURAL talent, not talent created by a chemical company.

200045[/snapback]

Sure Giambi was a bad signing...ok is that what you want??? Why do you need the satisifaction of hearing a YANKEE fan acknowledge a bad signing when this thread is about the METS???

Nobody seems to want to answer that question: WHY must the Yankees be mentioned in this thread at ALL??!?!?!?

Eat your heart out Yankees fans??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Good part of town!?!?!?  :D  :D

Why must a Mets fan or any other fan point out the Yankees when they make a great signing?  What do the Yankees have to do with it?

When the Yankees signed Carl Pavano, did you see any "Eat this Mets Fans"?  No...because 1.  Who Cares and 2. It has NOTHING to do with the Met$

200030[/snapback]

To the best of my recollection, the Mets weren't interested in Carl Pavano; they were busy going after Pedro Martinez. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Yankees, on the other hand, WERE interested in Beltran. Most Yankee fans had Beltran penciled into their 2005 lineup from the time of the NLDS right up until about a week and a half ago. Of course, it was only after it looked like they weren't going to get him that you started to hear whispers that "their 'baseball people' don't value Beltran as a $16M/year player" (these are the same "baseball people" who valued Giambi and Jeter at that level) and "Beltran isn't the kind of player who will succeed in NYC" (on that matter, the jury is certainly still out on A-Rod) and "the Yankees don't want to pay him what they pay Jeter and A-Rod" -- none of which you heard when the Yankees were actually courting him. The Yankees can never admit that they were actually outbid, or outworked, by another team for any particular player.

It has something to do with the Yankees because everyone had Beltran going to the Yankees, that's all.

The Mets have reached an agreement in principle with free-agent Carlos Beltran on a $119-million seven-year deal, pending a physical on Monday. The press conference should take place Tuesday. The agreement also includes an $11-million signing bonus and a no-trade clause as part of the deal.

Carlos, welcome to the good part of town.

199839[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Like us not signing Beltran makes ANY difference at all. While we sh-- the bed on the Giambi deal I'm glad we didn't overpay, for a change, for Beltran.

I feel damn good about our lineup going into spring training. I only hope our pitching signings work out for us.

It is funny too how the Yankees get pulled into everything that happens in baseball. :lol: