Randy Moss

stevestojan

Could be the stupidest post of the year right here.

Just watch the highlights every week and you'll see a stupid act somewhere in the league. 

Moss has been a top 5 WR in the league since he came into the league.  I have no clue what you are talking about when you say he is not even in the top 40.  We are not talking all time WRs because his career is still young and so far he has broken Rices records to this point in his career. 

So maybe Moss gets fined for his celebration, big deal.  I never said it wasn't wrong, just that people seem to think it was the worst celebration ever.

And it only took me about 3 seconds after reading your post to do my homework and realize you are a complete idiot.

199751[/snapback]

Come on- where all all the acts like Moss? You say it happens every game in every city. You're so confident. List your top 50 from the past season that are equivalent to Moss's act. You're the big man- let's see you back this up.

Check Moss's numbers this season. Not in the top 40 in terms of yardage. #2 in 2003, some 350 yards off the leader in 2002.

Use your three seconds more wisely next time.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Check Moss's numbers this season. Not in the top 40 in terms of yardage. #2 in 2003, some 350 yards off the leader in 2002.

Use your three seconds more wisely next time.

200023[/snapback]

Don't mean to jump in the middle of your argument, but just because he is not among the stat leaders this year, doesn't mean he isn't a top 5 WR in the nfl. He was injured for a good portion of the year.

PS He will always be among the top 5 NFL morons!

Don't mean to jump in the middle of your argument, but just because he is not among the stat leaders this year, doesn't mean he isn't a top 5 WR in the nfl.  He was injured for a good portion of the year. 

PS  He will always be among the top 5 NFL morons!

200029[/snapback]

He's probably a top 5 talent. The other guy claimed he is the best WR in the NFL.

As far as talent, he is.  Who's more talented than Moss?

200210[/snapback]

Maybe Marvin Harrison and Terell Owens. Maybe. Jerry Rice probably was in his prime...but now now.

And that's part of the problem. Virtually any team Moss were to play on, he'd be the best...even if disputably (e.g. playing opposite Harrison), it wouldn't be disputable enough for Moss to not be the best in his own mind. And until somebody indisputably better comes along, there's no one and nothing to teach him humility.

And the thing is...he very well may be right. He could be the best. At the very least, he's a phenomenal talent. He makes receiving look like friggin' ballet dancing.

Maybe Marvin Harrison and Terell Owens.  Maybe.  Jerry Rice probably was in his prime...but now now.

And that's part of the problem.  Virtually any team Moss were to play on, he'd be the best...even if disputably (e.g. playing opposite Harrison), it wouldn't be disputable enough for Moss to not be the best in his own mind.  And until somebody indisputably better comes along, there's no one and nothing to teach him humility. 

And the thing is...he very well may be right.  He could be the best.  At the very least, he's a phenomenal talent.  He makes receiving look like friggin' ballet dancing.

200223[/snapback]

He makes plays I've never seen others receivers make and it does it routinely. He just knows when he's got his man, right off the bat. Yesterday on his TDs he signaled Culpepper before he was 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. He just knows he's going to beat and/or out duel the other guy and come down with the ball. No one else does that. He's an incredible talent, too bad he's such an asswipe.

Yesterday on his TDs he signaled Culpepper before he was 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. He just knows he's going to beat and/or out duel the other guy and come down with the ball. No one else does that. He's an incredible talent, too bad he's such an asswipe.

Agreed.

He makes plays I've never seen others receivers make and it does it routinely.  He just knows when he's got his man, right off the bat.  Yesterday on his TDs he signaled Culpepper before he was 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  He just knows he's going to beat and/or out duel the other guy and come down with the ball.  No one else does that.  He's an incredible talent, too bad he's such an asswipe.

200242[/snapback]

Agreed...I just don't know that I'd consider him THE best. One of the best, sure...but don't ask me to choose between him, Owens, or Harrison.

At least, not based on talent. On maturity...Harrison in a heartbeat.

Agreed...I just don't know that I'd consider him THE best.  One of the best, sure...but don't ask me to choose between him, Owens, or Harrison. 

At least, not based on talent.  On maturity...Harrison in a heartbeat.

200253[/snapback]

Definitely Harrison on character and maturity. But if I was drafting for an NFL team, I'd take Owens over either of them.