Randy Moss

stevestojan

We flipped him off and called him the N word, and supposedly that's why he flipped us off in the 1st place.  So, technically there are classless fans in Buffalo also.  It happens everywhere, give it a break.

199684[/snapback]

Why should I or others give it a break? Your appeal for consensus is failing, Rayzer. Many athletes and fans believe in good sportsmanship.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should I or others give it a break? Your appeal for consensus is failing, Rayzer. Many athletes and fans believe in good sportsmanship.

199690[/snapback]

So the defensive player that used to sack QBs, then get on all fours, lift a leg and pretend to piss on the QB is allright???? Or Koy Detmer, who after throwing a TD pass would pretend to be slapping a girls ass while doing her doggy style is ok?? Or the throat slashing jesture that went on by many players for a couple years was ok???

It's one freaking assinine celebration and everyone is pissed off. This happens at least once or twice a year and has anything every been done about it. NO and it never will so ease up is all I'm saying.

It's a perfect example of the media blowing something out of proportion. Instead of simply ignoring the juvenile but harmless gesture by Moss, the announcers both during the game and the studio guys later made a HUGE deal out of it. I’m sure all the sportswriters and talk radio types will follow suit. Of course, this is probably by design. I mean, we need SOMETHING to talk about during the week before the next round of games. :lol:

Whatever happened to the old advice for dealing with petulant children? Ignore them and they will soon tire of acting like a brat to get attention.

It's a perfect example of the media blowing something out of proportion.  Instead of simply ignoring the juvenile but harmless gesture by Moss, the announcers both during the game and the studio guys later made a HUGE deal out of it.  I’m sure all the sportswriters and talk radio types will follow suit.  Of course, this is probably by design.  I mean, we need SOMETHING to talk about during the week before the next round of games.  :lol:

Whatever happened to the old advice for dealing with petulant children?  Ignore them and they will soon tire of acting like a brat to get attention.

199706[/snapback]

If he wanted media attention he should have exposed his boob. :lol:

In case you havent noticed, the throat slash jesture is no longer allowed

199708[/snapback]

No S H I T genius. It took a couple of years of players getting fined for it. But every damn player in the league now takes thier helmets off when they feel like it and it goes uncalled when supposedly it's still a penalty.

So the defensive player that used to sack QBs, then get on all fours, lift a leg and pretend to piss on the QB is allright????  Or Koy Detmer, who after throwing a TD pass would pretend to be slapping a girls ass while doing her doggy style is ok?? Or the throat slashing jesture that went on by many players for a couple years was ok??? 

It's one freaking assinine celebration and everyone is pissed off.  This happens at least once or twice a year and has anything every been done about it.  NO and it never will so ease up is all I'm saying.

199697[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. More reasons why I spend ever less time watching NFL games. That's my choice, of course, and I realize that such behavior is common and "accepted".

Ever see the movie, "Blade Runner"? I'll be long dead but that looks like your future world.

Bon apetit. :lol:

No S H I T genius.  It took a couple of years of players getting fined for it.  But every damn player in the league now takes thier helmets off when they feel like it and it goes uncalled when supposedly it's still a penalty.

199715[/snapback]

the first sign of a weak argument is being the first to resort to name calling...

Do you watch that much football, obviously not.  This kind of stuff happens EVERY WEEK in EVERY CITY.  Because he's the best WR in the league everyone gets upset.  TO running out to the star at midfield against the Cowboys was bad, but nothing happened with that. 

Let's just change NFL to No Fun League.

199682[/snapback]

TO to the center of the field was a taunt- as in come and get me. Pretending to drop your pants, moon the fans, and then wipe your ass on the goalposts is classless.

Here are your homework assignments this week:.

(1) I'll be waiting for you to post at least over a hundred insntances of this happening over the past season since it happens "EVERY WEEK in EVERY CITY" according to you.

(2) Your remark about Moss being the "best WR in the league" obliterates your credibility before you even start, by the way. He wasn't even in the top 40 this season.

(3) TO was fined a week's salary and suspended a game for his antics, so I guess something happened with that. The first two should take you a long time to respond to, so just mull over the third.

No S H I T genius.  It took a couple of years of players getting fined for it.  But every damn player in the league now takes thier helmets off when they feel like it and it goes uncalled when supposedly it's still a penalty.

199715[/snapback]

Actually, you can take your helmet off- just not in celebration, i.e., to adjust your chin strap. You don't see helmet removal in celebration anymore because it's a 15 yard penalty.

You sure you're watching games from 2004?

Ever see the movie, "Blade Runner"?  I'll be long dead but that looks like your future world.

Bon apetit. :lol:

199717[/snapback]

No, I have more important things to do with my life, like work and support my family rather than watching fictional movies!!! :lol:

Actually, you can take your helmet off- just not in celebration, i.e., to adjust your chin strap. You don't see helmet removal in celebration anymore because it's a 15 yard penalty.

You sure you're watching games from 2004?

199732[/snapback]

Uh, Al Wilson today was not adjusting his chin strap, he was throwing a fit shaking his helmet and screaming at the refs. I think that would constitute a removing the helmet penalty, and it wasn't called. What the hell are you watching???

TO to the center of the field was a taunt- as in come and get me. Pretending to drop your pants, moon the fans, and then wipe your ass on the goalposts is classless. 

Here are your homework assignments this week:.

(1) I'll be waiting for you to post at least over a hundred insntances of this happening over the past season since it happens "EVERY WEEK in EVERY CITY" according to you.

(2) Your remark about Moss being the "best WR in the league" obliterates your credibility before you even start, by the way. He wasn't even in the top 40 this season.

(3) TO was fined a week's salary and suspended a game for his antics, so I guess something happened with that. The first two should take you a long time to respond to, so just mull over the third.

199728[/snapback]

Could be the stupidest post of the year right here.

Just watch the highlights every week and you'll see a stupid act somewhere in the league.

Moss has been a top 5 WR in the league since he came into the league. I have no clue what you are talking about when you say he is not even in the top 40. We are not talking all time WRs because his career is still young and so far he has broken Rices records to this point in his career.

So maybe Moss gets fined for his celebration, big deal. I never said it wasn't wrong, just that people seem to think it was the worst celebration ever.

And it only took me about 3 seconds after reading your post to do my homework and realize you are a complete idiot.

Not to mention delivering Porsche tires... :lol:

199747[/snapback]

You really have no life do you. If you keep track of all the past garbage going on here.

And have you ever delivered anything to Bledsoe??? Probably not. :lol:

One up on ya!!! :lol:

You really have no life do you.  If you keep track of all the past garbage going on here. 

And have you ever delivered anything to Bledsoe???  Probably not.  :lol:

One up on ya!!!  :lol:

199753[/snapback]

IIRC, we have discussed my memory capabilities and your drinking habits some time ago. See what I get for being kind and thoughtful?

I'll use FedEx in the future... :lol:

IIRC, we have discussed my memory capabilities and your drinking habits some time ago. See what I get for being kind and thoughtful?

I'll use FedEx in the future... :lol:

199756[/snapback]

I'll bet the chair at your computer has a huge ass print in it, if you ever get out of it.

I better start looking for another job if you start using Fed Ex. We are finished now at UPS!!! :lol:

I have the best paying, and best job security I could ever wish for. :lol: