On second thought...

The past couple of months, I've been really high on taking Nassib or Barkley at 8. The closer the draft gets, the more I'm hating the idea of depending on a QB from this draft class to be the QB of the future. Don't get me wrong, I'm 99% sure the pick will be a QB at 8, but I'm just not sold on ANY of these guys from the '13 class. This franchise is 13 years removed from its last playoff appearance, why not ride it out with Kolb this year and do whatever's nessessary to get Manziel next draft. What's one more year missing the playoffs? Why gamble the next ten years with one of the QBs in this class when none of them look like the future? Just blowing smoke...

Remember the year when Barkley was going to be the run away choice for #1 pick.. 'cept he stayed in school.. and then there was the year that Locker was going to be the #1 pick.. and he stayed in school. All of a sudden the following year they weren't consensus #1 picks anymore. No one knows what next year's draft class is going to look like until next year. Manziel could have a down year or get hurt or whatever. I'm not advocating taking a QB at #8 no matter what, but this franchise has gotta take a stab at some point, and can't afford to do the "Wait 'til next year" dream scenario.

That having been said.. I'd like Manziel in a Bills Uni.. but only if the Bills brass feels there was NO ONE in this draft class to build a team a round.. and, I doubt they feel that way,

The past couple of months, I've been really high on taking Nassib or Barkley at 8. The closer the draft gets, the more I'm hating the idea of depending on a QB from this draft class to be the QB of the future. Don't get me wrong, I'm 99% sure the pick will be a QB at 8, but I'm just not sold on ANY of these guys from the '13 class. This franchise is 13 years removed from its last playoff appearance, why not ride it out with Kolb this year and do whatever's nessessary to get Manziel next draft. What's one more year missing the playoffs? Why gamble the next ten years with one of the QBs in this class when none of them look like the future? Just blowing smoke...

If <insert QB du jour here> is the next best "sure fire" QB, then whomever has the #1 overall isn't trading out of that spot. They'll take the QB in the next draft.

Remember the year when Barkley was going to be the run away choice for #1 pick.. 'cept he stayed in school.. and then there was the year that Locker was going to be the #1 pick.. and he stayed in school. All of a sudden the following year they weren't consensus #1 picks anymore. No one knows what next year's draft class is going to look like until next year. Manziel could have a down year or get hurt or whatever. I'm not advocating taking a QB at #8 no matter what, but this franchise has gotta take a stab at some point, and can't afford to do the "Wait 'til next year" dream scenario.

That having been said.. I'd like Manziel in a Bills Uni.. but only if the Bills brass feels there was NO ONE in this draft class to build a team a round.. and, I doubt they feel that way,

This x10000

Last year Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones and Matt Barkley were sure fire first rounders and Nasdib and Geno were barely on the radar, now look. To say next years QB crop is better at this point is ridiculous esp considering Bridgewater and Manzel are underclassmen and may not even declare

On the subject of waiting until next year - that is okay IF Buffalo feels they can be very successful with Kolb now, and IF they believe there are no franchise caliber QB's this year.

However, Buffalo may never be in as good of a position to draft THE QB they want than this year; they might have a shot at any QB in the entire draft at 8.

Also, if they wait until next year, they'd have to finish the season with the worst record in the NFL (and, I doubt that is happening - there are more than a few teams in the NFL in worse shape than us, and we have a new coaching staff that'll give everything they have to win games) to guarantee they get a shot at the best QB in that draft. If the Bills really stink this year - as we've seen them do a lot in recent years - it's still likely there'll be 5 or more teams picking ahead of us next year. Waiting until next year might only guarantee the 3rd or 4th best QB in next year's draft. Also, what if Manziel doesn't come out after next year? That's no certainty.

Another reason to take a QB this year. Joe B. on WGR pointed out, astutely, I'd say, that with this new staff in place if they pick a QB high this year and he doesn't pan out, they'll likely get another shot at drafting a high one again in 2 years. If they wait until next year, that will probably be the only chance they get - unless the QB ends up playing great. They take one this year they can afford to miss. Next year, they can't.

That's a lot of reasons to take one this year - and there are even more reasons to take one with their 1st pick. Unless, of course, they like Kolb more than these guys, or unless they have like 5-7 QB's rated interchangeably and they're willing to take whoever is available in the 2nd or 3rd round. That, too, could make sense - taking someone like Wilson in the bottom of the 2nd or with their 3rd round pick - but, the problem is, if they really like any of the QB's they can't risk passing on them, because they could lose them.

Jaguars , Oakland , Cardinals, Browns, Eagles , Vikings, Titans, Jets will all take Manziel if they have the opportunity.

I highly doubt the Bills will be picking before all these teams next year. We have an opportunity to draft a previously projected no.1 QB at 8 due to him having an off year. Pick Barkley at 8 and get this team rolling.

We are Bills fans so we can be ceratin of two things:

The Bills are not bottoming out this year as much as I'd like it to happen. As sure as the sun will rise, they will go 6-10 and pick 8th again next year.

If somehow they do bottom out and pick first- which, again, is not happening- then, rest assured, Manziel will not declare.

Who says the Bills have to take their QB at 8? They can draft OL or DL at 9 and give up next years first rounder and a second to move back into the first round and take a QB. If they fear their guy won't be there then go ahead and give up next year's number one. If no QB's is taken by pick twenty there will not be a first round QB chosen unless a trade occurs. Personally, I would draft OL or DL at 8 and simply wait until 41 if they don't move down from 8.

I'm not sold on Manziel as a pro prospect. He's small, average arm, best attribute is scrambling...he looks like Doug flutie to me

I find these anti-Manziel comments kind of laughable...A Red-Shirt Frosh who completed 68% of his passes...in the SEC mind you...threw for 3700 yds in 13 games, averaged 33 passing attempts per game, and won the Heisman...But his best attribute is scrambling? :lol:

Scrambling is certainly a part of his game...But his best attribute is he's a hell of a good QB...

I swear some of Y'all would not know a great QB if he hit you in the head with a 90 yard pass through a forest of trees... B-)

Aaron Murray is a beast and may play better than Manziel next year.

I would not bet much on it... B-)

I don't think Manziel is capable of having a down year. In the games I have seen he has been on another level.

Exactly correct...Manziel may fall off from this point on...But there is ZERO evidence to support such a theory so far... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'm not anti Manziel. I just don't think after another season and the draft process he will be looked as a sure fire top pick

I swear some of Y'all would not know a great QB if he hit you in the head with a 90 yard pass through a forest of trees...

This is how I feel about people who like EJ Manuel

I'm not anti Manziel. I just don't think after another season and the draft process he will be looked as a sure fire top pick

This is how I feel about people who like EJ Manuel

I like Manuel...And I don't think he's half the prospect Johnny Football is...

I understand concerning Manziel...But he would have to really fall off if that is going to be the case...As it stands now all he has to do is stay the same and he's going to be just fine...

I just think, at this point...From the evidence we have so far...The kid is a sure fire Top 5 pick in whatever Draft he ends up in...He's really young...He could get bigger...He will get stronger...And he should get better...

Heck anything can happen...But I see Manziel on the Andrew Luck path...He's the next coming at this point...I think he's driven to be the best...even a little cocky...I would not bet a plug nickle against the kid...But we'll see I guess...

When folks are looking at Manuel they are looking at the total athletic package he brings...Which is very good, and that part can't be argued...The projection with Manuel comes in the differences between what he was asked to do at FSU, and what he'll be asked to do in the NFL...Some, like me, feel he could excel in the right Offense, with the right Coaching...I have no doubts whatsoever that if a Coach like Jim Harbaugh gets a hold of Manuel he's going to find a good NFL QB in there...And I'm assuming the Bills new Coaching staff can get that done too (though admittedly that's just hope)...I don't have any doubt though that if Manuel lands in the wrong spot he'll struggle with consistency and accuracy throughout his career...But like Mike Mayock said, if I'm going to gamble, I'm going to gamble on the 6-5 kid who's smart, runs a 4.6, and has real arm-talent...If you're solely going off his FSU career than I can understand folks not liking Manuel...He's a projection, and I admit it's a risky one...

At this point I don't see any of the same risks in Manziel whatsoever...I just think that kid is fantastic... B-)