Hollywood is out of ideas : Example #36

Just Jack

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should stop trying to be original. Howard The Duck hasn't been remade yet...get on that ****...

Little known fact...

Here was George Lucas's track record...

He directed American Grafitti

Then produced major studio films in succession...

Star Wars (and directed)

More American Grafitti

The Empire Strikes Back

Body Heat

Return of the Jedi

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Labyrinth

and then Howard the Duck. ;)

It was supposed to be animated but Lucas had to make a live action movie by contract so he scrapped the animation idea.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Little known fact...

Star Wars (and directed)

More American Grafitti

The Empire Strikes Back

Body Heat

Return of the Jedi

Labyrinth

It was supposed to be animated but Lucas had to make a live action movie by contract so he scrapped the animation idea.

I didn't realize he did Body Heat. That's one of my favorites.

Little known fact...

Star Wars (and directed)

More American Grafitti

The Empire Strikes Back

Body Heat

Return of the Jedi

Labyrinth

You forgot to put Raiders in there, too.

You forgot to put Raiders in there, too.

Oops. Good point. Quite an omission. I mentioned it above in the Kasdan comment and thought I included it in original list but didnt. There were so many back to back...

Oh, and then Howard the Duck.

Labyrinth was a major flop, too, I think, which was before Howard the Duck although I'm really not sure how much Lucas had to do with that one. It was a strange project from the start, with Jim Henson directing and David Bowie starring, etc.

Oops. Good point. Quite an omission. I mentioned it above in the Kasdan comment and thought I included it in original list but didnt. There were so many back to back...

Oh, and then Howard the Duck.

Labyrinth was a major flop, too, I think, which was before Howard the Duck although I'm really not sure how much Lucas had to do with that one. It was a strange project from the start, with Jim Henson directing and David Bowie starring, etc.

What about "Willow"? Or was that after "Howard the Duck"?

Willow was after. That was part, however, of his weird period. With Labyrinth, Howard the Duck, Tucker, A Man and His Dream (which I kinda liked), The Land Before Time, etc.

Wow, I didn't realize just how many movies Lucas was involved with, even though he wasn't directing them.

What about "Willow"? Or was that after "Howard the Duck"?

"Don't call me 'peck'!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, peck. Peck! Peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck, peck."

That's one of my more favorite Val Kilmer roles. I'm sure that says something about me that's very unflattering.

Wow, I didn't realize just how many movies Lucas was involved with, even though he wasn't directing them.

True. But as you know, without direct knowledge of what happened on a particular movie, we don't know the extent of the involvement. A guy could get an Executive Producer credit on it just by securing the money or putting person A together with person B and not do anything on the film. I have no idea what he did on those films. It could range from a ton to virtually nothing.

Here are 13 more movies they are considering for remakes....

http://theweek.com/a...-in-development

God those all seem like terrible ideas. ;)

I don't believe I recognized one element from the original Scarface, which was great, to the Al Pacino one, except, perhaps, a scar, on a face. They may as well do another that had nothing to do with the original.

Here are 13 more movies they are considering for remakes....

http://theweek.com/a...-in-development

Escape From New York: Not a bad idea, an updated version could make it better.

Endless Love: I've never heard of it. So would anyone even know it's a re-make?

Scarface: Bad idea.

Time Bandits: Oh boy. People are emotionally wedded to this movie, but a re-make could work. As long as they keep the dark tone.

Videodrome: See Endless Love comment.

Wargames: This was a cold war movie and that's how it should remain. No.

Romancing the Stone: Definitely not. No one could capture the chemistry in both action and humor that both Douglas & Turner had.

Short Circuit: A silly movie that may not hold up today, a re-make could work.

Highlander: Good luck on this happening.

Dirty Dancing: This movie means nothing to me. Having said that, they already re-made Footloose and people did not cry foul then.

The Monster Squad: With today's technology, a re-make could be great.

Overboard: See Endless Love & Videodrome comments.

Pet Sematary: This movie sucked. So a re-make can only make it better.

Edited by Mark Vader

I just learned that they're remaking Robocop (it's in post-production). It has a pretty impressive cast. Set for 2/14 release.

I'm not a huge fan of remakes as stated, but Robocop, because of the huge advance in technology, both in the real world and in the movie making world, would seem to be a good idea.

I just learned that they're remaking Robocop (it's in post-production). It has a pretty impressive cast. Set for 2/14 release.

I was not a fan of the original "Robocop", so I might be more inclined to give this re-make a try.

Did you also know that they are remaking "Godzilla"? That is scheduled for May 2014, and also has an impressive cast.

Have a look. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/?ref_=sr_1