Bills sign LB Marcus Dowtin

To me, this is the equivalent of getting a pretty decent #6 draft pick for free. The difference in talent or potential between a #6, #7, and an UDFA who makes your team or practice squad is marginal at best. The guy, as a UDFA, played in three NFL games in his rookie season. That to me says he has some talent and some heart. It's nowhere near a lock to make the opening day roster, but it's as good a chance as our #6 or #7 guy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of a stretch is it to think that pettine cut him so he could have a chance to develop him somewhere else? I know that probably sounds far flung, but didn't Pettine basically know he wasn't going to be back? That would be a hell of a play as a coach if it was true... ahhh wishful thinking.

Right - I'm sure he anticipated another team cutting him in between.

To me, this is the equivalent of getting a pretty decent #6 draft pick for free. The difference in talent or potential between a #6, #7, and an UDFA who makes your team or practice squad is marginal at best. The guy, as a UDFA, played in three NFL games in his rookie season. That to me says he has some talent and some heart. It's nowhere near a lock to make the opening day roster, but it's as good a chance as our #6 or #7 guy.

Well said. Very much this. ^^

This^

Several have said or implied it. Our resident "draft expert" even claims this takes ogletree or teo off our boards. All I was saying is this is a fringe guy.

I agree this is not a move that should take a top-round LB off our boards.

How much of a stretch is it to think that pettine cut him so he could have a chance to develop him somewhere else?

As a stretch, shows the flexibility of an Olympic gymnast