QB Designer

Astrobot

I want a QB with winning stats. Sure, stats don't tell the whole story, but for the sake of comparing QBs by stats, I want one that each SEASON has the following stats:

CMP >240

ATT >300

YDS >3,500

PCT COMPLETIONS >64%

YARDS PER ATTEMPT > 8.0 yds.

LONGEST PASS PLAY > 75 yds.

TOUCHDOWNS >= 22

TD:INT RATIO > 2.7 to 1

TD:SACK RATIO > 2.0 to 1

QB RATING > 143

To see the results of my comparisons of the QBs the Bills might be targeting and how they measure up, load it here:

http://www.deankindi...m/QBCompare.doc

Astro

Edited by Astrobot

Some results I found:

# Times Each QB >My 10 Target Numbers in 3 Yrs:

------------------Smith(24), Jones(23), Barkley(18), Wilson(16), Manuel(15), Bray(14), Glennon(10), Nassib(9), Scott(7), Klein(5)

Improved in 10 Metrics Every Year of Last 3:

------------------Smith, Manuel. Nassib, Bray, Glennon, Scott

Completion Percentage Over 64% Last 2 Years:

------------------Manuel, Smith

QBR Over 143 Last 3 Years:

------------------Manuel, Smith, Wilson

TD:INT Ratio was > 2.7 to 1 for three seasons:

------------------Smith, Jones

TD:INT Ratio was > 2.7 to 1 for two seasons:

-------------------Smith, Jones, Bray

Passing Yards Per Attempt Was Over 8 yds. for three seasons: Bray, Wilson, Manuel

Passing Yards Per Attempt Was Over 8 yds. for two seasons: Bray, Wilson, Manuel, Smith

Yards Over 3,500 For three seasons: Jones

Yards Over 3,500 For two seasons: Jones, Wilson, Smith

Edited by Astrobot

You Rock!

I could have done it easier by saving your word file as a webfile/html.

Feel free to PM in the future if I miss any posts or such like this, give me a little time and I can get you images or pasteable spreadsheets online that are public.

until the 'nascar package' which seems to be a super hurry up single read option package, nassib is pretty unremarkable. this is good news for buffalo because we have an offensive coordinator who can scheme and take the pressure of the qb in reading defenses and putting the ball on point. our offense could develop some nice rhythm.

the bad news is nassib is a product of the system

until the 'nascar package' which seems to be a super hurry up single read option package, nassib is pretty unremarkable. this is good news for buffalo because we have an offensive coordinator who can scheme and take the pressure of the qb in reading defenses and putting the ball on point. our offense could develop some nice rhythm.

the bad news is nassib is a product of the system

But...the Bills will be employing that system.

But...the Bills will be employing that system.

that's the point. i think hackett and marrone where able to put together a good ncaa offense, with an unremarkable quarterback. coaching to hide flaws and exaggerate strengths.

that's the point. i think hackett and marrone where able to put together a good ncaa offense, with an unremarkable quarterback. coaching to hide flaws and exaggerate strengths.

So... we just hired a younger Chan Gailey.

Sweet.

Maybe the quarterback was remarkable, but

the rest of the offense was unremarkable? Compared to, say, Geno Smith, who many think had a remarkable offense around him.

I don't think I'm taking the same from this as many of you. It certainly makes Geno Smith look great - but I wonder how much of that was a product of that system...still, his stats are very good. It aslo reinforces my like of Matt Barkley - still my favorite - but it also elevates Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones.

I've got to say - my favorites, in this order, are Barkley, Smith, Manuel/Wilson (both are about equally appealing to me), Nassib, Bray, Jones, Glennon, Scott, and Dysert.

I'd be happy with Barkley or Smith at the top of round 1, Manuel or Wilson at the bottom - via trade back, or top of round 2, Nassib or Bray between rounds 2 and 3, or Jones, Scott, Glennon or Dysert after round 3.