The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

Joe Miner

As soon as I saw West Virginia and Whites... I knew you were talking Jesco. The Dancing Outlaw. He is featured on the cover of one of Hank III's records, Straight To Hell, I think. The guy is a legend.

Please explain his legend to me. I watched the documentary, having never heard of the man before, and still didn't understand his legend. He's apparently been mentioned in several country songs, and definitely seemed to have a celebrity of sorts, but I must have missed what made him so popular.

He's a piece of ****. Not a rebel or cool outlaw. Not a robin hood, or James Dean, or someone fighting the system type of outlaw. Just a piece of ****.

At least that's what he is now. Was there something about him in his younger days that made him more of a likable outlaw? I understand his dad was a Coal Miner/Tap Dancing Entertainer of some renown, and that he's somewhat picked up the entertainment aspect. But a glue-huffin, bar fighting, half retarded, sack of **** doesn't equal celebrity outlaw in my opinion.

Please explain his legend to me. I watched the documentary, having never heard of the man before, and still didn't understand his legend. He's apparently been mentioned in several country songs, and definitely seemed to have a celebrity of sorts, but I must have missed what made him so popular.

He's a piece of ****. Not a rebel or cool outlaw. Not a robin hood, or James Dean, or someone fighting the system type of outlaw. Just a piece of ****.

At least that's what he is now. Was there something about him in his younger days that made him more of a likable outlaw? I understand his dad was a Coal Miner/Tap Dancing Entertainer of some renown, and that he's somewhat picked up the entertainment aspect. But a glue-huffin, bar fighting, half retarded, sack of **** doesn't equal celebrity outlaw in my opinion.

His daddy was the famous one. A hillfolk, mountain man. Lived like many of them do, just got known for it. Dancing, moonshining, drugs, and honky tonks...the wild southern life. He was maybe one of the best country tappers ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwd7X4OlrUs

Edit: And if the Kardashians are famous, then why the hell can't anyone? Those lard ass C-U-Next Tuesdays are nothing special, either.

Edited by jboyst62

I take it y'all never been ta Wes Virginnie??