Purely political thread regarding Obamacare. Should the right back off

This is not about the myriad of FAIL that is Obamacare, in terms of practicality as a health care system, it's effects on business, or it's inability to be implemented. No. This thread is about the politics of it.

Given what we have seen this week and last...Obamacare is failing, in the real world. :o Whatever will birdog do? This is because, it is a theory that has no basis in the real world.

We can go all ridiculous and try to pretend it it's doing great....but...when this guy: http://swampland.tim...e-incompetence/ says it's failing, and specifically blames the Obama administration( :lol: yes, a liberal hack, actually laying the blame where it belongs...but only because the mass FAIL will cause his beloved "activist government" concept to fail as well)...well, you know there's a real problem.

(What a ringing endorsement of "activist government"..."bend over and take this one, because you really don't want the bigger one".)

Now we know that many more people, who aren't hacks, also say it's failing. It's actually failing in 3 major areas, all at once:

1. 33 states have no exchanges at all, and almost all of the rest aren't ready.

2. the Obama political machine says it's better to start implementation a year later, because it will lessen the impact on the 2014 elections for them. This is the opposite of right. What do they think "Look, they can't even implement their own plan! :lol:" will do, to them, in 2014? And, why do Democrats feel they have to run away from their own law? :blink: Way back in 2009, they told us: "You just wait until the public feels the benefits! :angry: Then you mean boys making fun of me and my unicorns and rainbows will all be sorry!" :lol:

3. there is no political WILL to implement Obamacare, from the top to the bottom. Funding is nothing compared to WILL. Look at my sig: not even the execs at HHS want this abortion.

Given these facts, is it time for the right to take the foot off the gas politically, and coast? At first look, this may seem like a stupid question. Why not keep the foot on the gas and ride Obamacare straight into the wall? But, consider: you have to stay in the Obamcare car to do that, hope the airbag deploys, walk away unhurt, with no Obamacare supporter blood on you, that might engender sympathy for the supporters, or their idiot law. And, you definitely don't want to be blamed for driving the car, and "killing" them all.

This is what happened with the Clinton/Lewinsky thing. Rather than letting him face the wall by himself, the Republicans decided to ride shotgun, and in the end, it was about the Republicans driving the car. :blink: When...all they intended to do was ride along.

Why not get out of the car, and let the Obamcare supporters drive? Especially if you believe that Obamacare-->wall is inevitable?

Even better, why not provide the color commentary, safely from the sidelines, and explain why the dumbasses in the car are going to hit the wall, get in some nice comments like "look at dumbass's face, he has no idea the wall is coming", explain that they are too stupid to avoid it, and while you are at it: explain that "such is the fate of all activist government supporters"?

I am aware that no Republican should pass up an opportunity to cash in on the political disaster that is Obamacare...I am merely suggesting a different way to do it.

Does any of this make even the slightest bit of sense?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This is not about the myriad of FAIL that is Obamacare, in terms of practicality as a health care system, it's effects on business, or it's inability to be implemented. No. This thread is about the politics of it.

Given what we have seen this week and last...Obamacare is failing, in the real world. :o Whatever will birdog do? This is because, it is a theory that has no basis in the real world.

We can go all ridiculous and try to pretend it it's doing great....but...when this guy: http://swampland.tim...e-incompetence/ says it's failing, and specifically blames the Obama administration( :lol: yes, a liberal hack, actually laying the blame where it belongs...but only because the mass FAIL will cause his beloved "activist government" concept to fail as well)...well, you know there's a real problem.

(What a ringing endorsement of "activist government"..."bend over and take this one, because you really don't want the bigger one".)

Now we know that many more people, who aren't hacks, also say it's failing. It's actually failing in 3 major areas, all at once:

2. the Obama political machine says it's better to start implementation a year later, because it will lessen the impact on the 2014 elections for them. This is the opposite of right. What do they think "Look, they can't even implement their own plan! :lol:" will do, to them, in 2014? And, why do Democrats feel they have to run away from their own law? :blink: Way back in 2009, they told us: "You just wait until the public feels the benefits! :angry: Then you mean boys making fun of me and my unicorns and rainbows will all be sorry!" :lol:

3. there is no political WILL to implement Obamacare, from the top to the bottom. Funding is nothing compared to WILL. Look at my sig: not even the execs at HHS want this abortion.

Given these facts, is it time for the right to take the foot off the gas politically, and coast? At first look, this may seem like a stupid question. Why not keep the foot on the gas and ride Obamacare straight into the wall? But, consider: you have to stay in the Obamcare car to do that, hope the airbag deploys, walk away unhurt, with no Obamacare supporter blood on you, that might engender sympathy for the supporters, or their idiot law. And, you definitely don't want to be blamed for driving the car, and "killing" them all.

This is what happened with the Clinton/Lewinsky thing. Rather than letting him face the wall by himself, the Republicans decided to ride shotgun, and in the end, it was about the Republicans driving the car.

Why not get out of the car, and let the Obamcare supporters drive? Especially if you believe that Obamacare is headed towards that wall no matter what?

Even better, why not provide the color commentary, safely from the sidelines, and explain why the dumbasses in the car are going to hit the wall, get in some nice comments like "look at dumbass's face, he has no idea the wall is coming", explain that they are too stupid to avoid it, and while you are at it: explain that "such is the fate of all activist government supporters"?

I am aware that no Republican should pass up an opportunity to cash in on the political disaster that is Obamacare...I am merely suggesting a different way to do it.

you talking about this post or every post you've ever wrote?, either way the answer is no.

As a practical matter, getting out of the way as the poorly crafted, over-reaching (hilariously named) Affordable Care Act fails, does seem like the best political move.

However I, perhaps unrealistically, expect leaders to lead. The media will make sure that Republicans are also blamed for its failure, so you may as well be out front offering practical solutions.

Whether that means dumping the whole mess and restarting (with ACTUAL input from health care professionals) or doing your best to repair this behemoth, true leaders would be out there in the fray, not gloating on the sidelines.

EITHER way it should be done in the open air and not the senate backrooms (of one party alone) and if we are to change our healthcare delivery system, ii should be with the support of a real majority. Not crammed through at midnight with the last few votes obtained by force and bribery.

THEN, it truly will be a "big F'n deal" Joe.

Hell no they shouldn't back off Obamabortion They should keep talking about what a POS it is and how not a single one of them voted for it, because they knew it was going to be this bad. That way if the libs try (as is their wont of) blaming someone else for their failures, they won't have a leg to stand on.

Hell no they shouldn't back off Obamabortion They should keep talking about what a POS it is and how not a single one of them voted for it, because they knew it was going to be this bad. That way if the libs try (as is their wont of) blaming someone else for their failures, they won't have a leg to stand on.

That won't work, the libs will just say that if the GOP didn't like it, they should have participated and helped to make it better (while ignoring the reality that the democrats went out of their way to exclude any GOP input). The idiots will lap it up.

it doesn't matter whether 'the right' sticks to it's guns & tries to kill Obabacare or not.....it's become a purely partisan issue to almost everyone. I doubt there are many people left out there that can be persuaded at this point in time to see it as the massive boondoggle that it is. too much actual thinking has left the arguement for most people, reducing it to accusations of 'oh, you're just calling it bad because you don't like Obama/are a republican'. people are going to have to wait and see what the actual impact is going to be for them before they begin to realize. I don't know if this is new to everyone else, but I noticed this year a new entry on my W2 form....the calculated dollar amount of the health benefit provided by my employer, over 7,000 dollars. anyone here think that I'm NOT going to be taxed on that in a few years? I wonder how all the other union workers are going to feel when they see how much their benefits are going to be taxed?

it doesn't matter whether 'the right' sticks to it's guns & tries to kill Obabacare or not.....it's become a purely partisan issue to almost everyone. I doubt there are many people left out there that can be persuaded at this point in time to see it as the massive boondoggle that it is. too much actual thinking has left the arguement for most people, reducing it to accusations of 'oh, you're just calling it bad because you don't like Obama/are a republican'. people are going to have to wait and see what the actual impact is going to be for them before they begin to realize. I don't know if this is new to everyone else, but I noticed this year a new entry on my W2 form....the calculated dollar amount of the health benefit provided by my employer, over 7,000 dollars. anyone here think that I'm NOT going to be taxed on that in a few years? I wonder how all the other union workers are going to feel when they see how much their benefits are going to be taxed?

I honestly believe it will fall under its own weight.

I think you're probably right. one thing that frustrates me so much about all of this is that a good portion of the inaccessability to health coverage is caused by all the layers of federal regulation that have been applied to the medical field over all these years, coupled with outrageous malpractice insurance premiums (in Texas they start at upwards of around $90,000 per year)and other costs (running extra, often unnessary tests purely for CYA purposes)due to all the malpractice suits nowadays, much of which is enabled by federal legislation. in other words,the government got involved, screwed it up, and now wants to get involved to 'fix' it even more. I know there's a lot more to it than that, but it's still a lot of the problem.

Edited by Azalin

Its "too big to fail"

and by that, I do not mean monetarily,

I mean the Left has absolutely too much invested in this, in regards to their ideas and plans for the government.

They cannot let it fail, no matter the cost (literally)

Edited by B-Man

Rely on experience, essentially the same program was implemented and rolled out in Massachusetts... how did that fair, is it still in place, if ot favorable or unfavorable? I know it is a one state deal, but I am sure the Administration paid close attention to Mass from start to finish in crafting this bill, all the way to final rollout.

Republicans would be best served by not baking off, rather drafting a very specific document that would offer their alternative to HMO for all which is what the ACA essentially is. and yes, more detailed that sell across state lines and tort reform... people don't likely know insurance is a State specific issue and most probably don't know what Tort Law is. The republicans need to dumb their plan down and make it atracttive to real voters, not a grand scheme of vague that people can't sink into...

Edited by B-Large

This is what happened with the Clinton/Lewinsky thing. Rather than letting him face the wall by himself, the Republicans decided to ride shotgun, and in the end, it was about the Republicans driving the car. :blink: When...all they intended to do was ride along.

Why not get out of the car, and let the Obamcare supporters drive? Especially if you believe that Obamacare-->wall is inevitable?

What's wrong with saying "I told you so?"