Say What You Will About Athletes, But Mario Williams.....

is a good man.

He didn't have to do this, but he cares enough about his community and those who reside there to want it to be more safe. I salute him, and I'm glad that a person like this signed for the big bucks.

Way to go Mario!!!!! I hope you get 20 sacks next season!!!!!

And thank you.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/vehicles/news/2013/03/22/nfl-star-gives-houston-pd-dodge-chargers.aspx

And this is the second time he's done 5 to HPD, plus the one to an individual this season. That's 11 car donations we know of

Also, remember when we killed him for saying stuff about Houston being in his heart? What a jerk for liking his hometown

Edited by NoSaint

And this is the second time he's done 5 to HPD, plus the one to an individual this season. That's 11 car donations we know of

Also, remember when we killed him for saying stuff about Houston being in his heart? What a jerk for liking his hometown

One thing that I can tell you with 100% certainty is that when police departments are depleted, people die. Camden, NJ is one example, and cities in crisis are popping up across America. Mario cared enough about human life to take this action, and he deserves mega kudos.

And I couldn't care less if it is a tax deduction, other than the fact that I hope it is.

He is now my favorite player and person in the NFL.

Edited by Bill from NYC

One thing that I can tell you with 100% certainty is that when police departments are depleted, people die. Camden, NJ is one example, and cities in crisis are popping up across America. Mario cared enough about human life to take this action, and he deserves mega kudos.

And I couldn't care less if it is a tax deduction, other than the fact that I hope it is.

He is now my favorite player and person in the NFL.

Sadly, actions like this get a short blurb while idiots get months of attention for being idiots.

I said when he signed that if we were going to give a guy 100m I was thrilled it was a guy like him instead of a person like haynseworth (on and off the field). I know he's on a short leash around here but ill stick with that stance. Guy has a good head on his shoulders, and seems like a humble hard worker.

Good for him, I would rather he play up to the level of the contract he signed

you, sir, are a certified idiot for making that statement. Hope you crawl back under that rock where you belong. Very myopic of you.

you, sir, are a certified idiot for making that statement. Hope you crawl back under that rock where you belong. Very myopic of you.

I agree with the sentiment sir, but in the future, please refrain from using words that require me to reference my dictionary :D

Well, Lois, since you asked, I find this meatloaf rather shallow and pedantic.

He isn't, but I wish that he was on this team in lieu of A. Williams and Sheppard. How about you? :oops:

Absolutely. I'm very intrigued with his passing skills. Do I have questions about his mobility? Yes. But instead of having another dullard football season it would have been fun watching a qb play and develop. Not only was last year a losing year with Fitz but it also was a wasted year. Instead of giving a potential talent an opportunity to show what he is capable of we squandered playing time with a limited qb who will never overcome his well known limitations.

The thought that Nix didn't take a chance on qb prospects such as Kaepernick, Dalton, Wilson and Mallett, and instead played it crippling safe with below par players such as CB Aaron Williams, MLB Sheppard and track receiver TJ Graham is maddening. Nix has not only failed this franchise but he has set it back. His paltry record accurately reflects his competence level as a GM. It's a dam shame! :wallbash:

I agree with the sentiment sir, but in the future, please refrain from using words that require me to reference my dictionary :D

Well, Lois, since you asked, I find this meatloaf rather shallow and pedantic.

well-played Hammer, nice....... :thumbsup: