The ACA and Small Businesses

Magox

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...Big Business GOOD when liberals say it is?

Nice hypocrisy. Highlighted even further by your ridiculous "damn the consequences, the end goal is worth it." I guess that doesn't apply to entitlement spending cuts, right?

Friggin' liberals.

Missed that...probably because I was too busy laughing at "can't measure quality without electronic medical records".

Another Missed Deadline Ahead for Obamacare

“It is not anticipated that any… recommendation would be targeted until 2019.”

-- Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius in House testimony last week on the still-vacant 15-member Independent Payment Advisory Board, which is supposed to begin work on Tuesday.

Under President Obama’s 2010 health law, the government officials in charge of keeping Medicaid afloat have until Tuesday to report whether costs for the fiscally foundering program will exceed expectations.

But they won’t have anywhere to send their report.

That’s because the Independent Payment Advisory Board – perhaps the most controversial entity created under Obama’s law – still doesn’t exist.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/29/another-missed-deadline-ahead-for-obamacare/#ixzz2RxHWvNvf

I had to listen to it twice because I genuinely could not believe it, but Obama's press conference today was pretty special for ACA.

According to the president, 85-90% of Americans who have insurance are already receiving virtually all the benefits of ACA, "even if they don't know it yet." The president explained that they've hit their milestones, everything is on schedule, and there's really nothing left to see here.

Stunning. If you haven't heard is press conference today, it's must-see TV.

Edited by LABillzFan

I had to listen to it twice because I genuinely could not believe it, but Obama's press conference today was pretty special for ACA.

According to the president, 85-90% of Americans who have insurance are already receiving virtually all the benefits of ACA, "even if they don't know it yet." The president explained that they've hit their milestones, everything is on schedule, and there's really nothing left to see here.

I'm not sure what you found so stunning about this president's ability to look into the eyes of the American people and tell direct lies. I'd actually be stunned if he hadn't lied, and actually took ownership of the shitshow he's created.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

All is well. ALL IS WELL!

I'm not sure what you found so stunning about this president's ability to look into the eyes of the American people and tell direct lies. I'd actually be stunned if he hadn't lied, and actually took ownership of the shitshow he's created.

Why start telling the truth now?

How do we know the media is downplaying the problems in implementing Obamacare?

When 40 percent of Americans are unaware that the law is in place.............

42% UNAWARE OBAMACARE IS LAW...

The survey showed public opinion on Obamacare is at its second-lowest rating in the past two years.

Less than half – 35 percent – of adults viewed the ACA favorably, whereas 40 percent said they viewed it unfavorably. Another 24 percent said they did not know or refused to answer.

Democratic Sen. Max Baucus, one of the original crafters of the bill, earlier this month predicted a chaotic implementation process for the Affordable Care Act. “I just see a huge train wreck coming down,” Baucus, D-Mont., said.

According to ADP, manufacturers alone cut 10,000 jobs. But construction firms hired 15,000 employees.

Meanwhile, March hiring was revised lower to show private employers added 131,000 jobs, 27,000 fewer jobs than reported earlier.

Hiring has slowed particularly among small businesses with 20 to 49 employees. They hired only 17,000 workers in April. This phenomenon could be partly due to health care reform measures. The law requires businesses with 50 or more full-time employees to start providing insurance in 2014, or face fines.

"That 50-employee threshold is important and it feels like health care reform is having an impact," said Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody's Analytics. "If you look at the slowdown in job growth in the last few months, it's primarily among companies that are small."

Small business owners continue to say taxes and government regulations are their two biggest problems, according to a monthly survey by the National Federation of Independent Business.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/01/news/economy/adp-jobs-report/

Mind you, this is from Mark Zandi, a supporter of the president's economic policies.

Seven Lessons of the Obamacare Ignorance Poll

Earthquakes happen. Yesterday’s revelation that 42 percent of Americans don’t even know that Obamacare exists gives pause for reflection. Here are some lessons.

Lesson One: When they say low-information voters, they mean low information voters.

Lesson Two: The press isn’t doing its job. Even today, the New York Times buries its piece on the president’s weak response at yesterday’s press conference to predictions of an Obamacare implementation “train wreck” on page 15. That piece fails to draw on comments by supporters or critics of the president’s remarks. The Washington Post’s tiny article by Sarah Kliff on page twelve doesn’t even mention the president’s scarcely credible press-conference response. Instead, Kliff’s piece touts a streamlined new Obamacare application form, essentially echoing the administration’s own talking points while reporting only praise for this alleged bureaucratic coup. The sensational poll findings on the public’s continuing ignorance of Obamacare’s existence should have prompted Page One stories on the issue, with a focus on Obama’s highly debatable response to the “train wreck” charge, and comments from administration supporters and critics alike. Is the press covering for Obama? Sure, but at this point even digging up buried Obamacare stories is a challenge. No wonder the public’s out of the loop.

Lesson Three: Last year’s election results may be a lot less troubling than Republicans thought. Sure, there are problems, especially with the Millennials. Yet a public that barely even knows that Obamacare exists cannot be viewed as having endorsed it — or its author. Which leads us to . . .

Lesson Four: John McCain’s “celebrity” attack ad may have been the ultimate commentary on the Obama presidency. The public feels good about supporting Obama, and so doesn’t want to be troubled by the unpleasant reality of the president’s actions. It must be dry this year in the land of the Brotherhood, because denial is a 3,000-mile-long river delta that begins to spread just outside the Beltway. All those polls showing the president’s personal popularity higher than the popularity of his policies — not to mention the way his support kept tanking whenever he made speeches about Obamacare — it all makes sense, and it’s still going on. We’ve reelected a president we’re so desperate to like that we’ve made his signature policy accomplishment disappear. Is the claim of press malfeasance incompatible with the notion of a public in denial? Not at all. The public wants to forget about Obamacare, and the press is pleased to oblige.

Lesson Five: There’s an important kernel of truth in this ignorance (More at link)

Lesson Six: Obama is still telling pretty lies about Obamacare, claims designed to make it disappear in the public mind. At yesterday’s press conference, Obama said that people who already had health insurance could pretty much ignore Obamacare implementation issues from here on. In effect, he’s still peddling the claim that if you like your current insurance, you can keep it. (more at link)

Lesson Seven: Obama is vulnerable, very vulnerable. When something the public doesn’t know exists–and doesn’t want to know exists–actually turns out to exist, someone is going to get angry. Even the president now calls it Obamacare.

Good luck with that.