Rules committee proposed changes

NoSaint

Got a handful of changes on deck this year - a few ive seen discussed around here

the jim schwartz challenge flag rule, eliminating the tuck, runners not being able to lower heads to initiate contact with the crown (think steven ridley by pollard last playoffs or pierre thomas getting leveled by whitner the year before), field condition standards, and some mandatory padding on the legs i know ive seen discussed on this board.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/14/competition-committee-proposes-six-rule-changes-three-bylaw-changes/

Edited by NoSaint

6. Player safety: Initiating contact with the crown of the helmet is a foul if the runner or tackler delivers a forceable blow against his opponent when both players are outside the tackle box.

Asking officials to making judgement calls on this particular piece of foolishness is utterly absurd.

6. Player safety: Initiating contact with the crown of the helmet is a foul if the runner or tackler delivers a forceable blow against his opponent when both players are outside the tackle box.

Asking officials to making judgement calls on this particular piece of foolishness is utterly absurd.

sounds incredibly difficult to officiate. will be a lot of anger on mondays over this potentially.

guy might knock himself out, fumble, and get a flag in the process (ala ridley, but with a penalty added)

but i also know how incredibly dangerous the move is.

I'd like to see a new rule where is a 15 yard penalty on the QB for throwing a buddy pass over the middle that gets his WR rocked.

Im tired of them flagging the defensive player for crushing a guy, not it the head, and still getting penalties for hitting too hard.

I'd like to see a new rule where is a 15 yard penalty on the QB for throwing a buddy pass over the middle that gets his WR rocked.

Im tired of them flagging the defensive player for crushing a guy, not it the head, and still getting penalties for hitting too hard.

The penalty is on the ball carrier lowering his head

I would like to see a stiffer penalty for offensive pass interference. If the defender has pass interference on a hail marry in the final seconds the ball goes to the spot of the foul, first down - team easily wins.

If the offender knows that he is not going to get it, he can flagrantly foul the defender, get only 15 yards, and repeat the down...that's crap.