Serious Question about underclass college QB's

Ennjay

Manziel was a true freshman this year wasn't he. He would have to be out of highschool for three years to be draft eligible, so the earliest he could come out would be the following year.

He was a redshirt Freshman... B-)

McCarron

Bridgewater

Manziel

Murray

Boyd

Shaw

Carr

mariota

case mccoy

mettenburger

bryn renner

thomas

Paschall

Marcus Mariotta, who was a redshirt freshman this year and will be draft-eligible in 2014, should be at the top of this list. He is a smoother, more fluid version of Colin Kaepernick. He has it all.

I've been very impressed with what I've seen of Murray. Reminds me of Brees. Taj Boyd's another prospect.

Edit: Some guys are high on AJ McCarron, but I can't say I'm one of them, but I may change my tune next year.

I was with you on AJ McCarron. Then I watched some more Bama games. I think he will be a great NFL QB. It would be a dream to have the #1 pick, get Clowney and trade back into the first to get AJ McCarron. Taj Boyd and Bridgewater may also be available then. We still need to draft a QB this year though and start him to see what we have.

Edited by RyanC883

Can't say McCarron does anything for me yet. Plays behind an NFL calibre line, and never really has to win games with his arm. i need to see more.

Boyd was the best looking QB in the bowl games i saw. Only 6'1" but looked damn good.

Murray I wanted to hate. Lackjing in a couple big SEC games. Seemed like a poor man's Drew Brees without the fire or arm. Then I saw Georgia's bowl game and I could not deny the talent. He played lights out. Would probably take him over anyone in this draft.

The sophomore's, who knows if they come out... especially if they thought they'd have to come here.

I think itd be smart to wait this year out with Jackson (or if we bring someone else in to compete) and go for 2014. I think thats what this staff is thinking too. All of the top guys next year, assuming Manziel comes out, will have higher grades than anyone this year and I really dont want to be stuck with the situation where we win 4-6 games but drafted Nassib early in the second or traded up into the first to get him and have a top ten pick next year but dont draft one of these guys in order to give Nassib another chance. I basically dont want to have Brandon Weeden 2.0 on my team. The Browns know he isnt the guy but theyve got another year before they give up. Lucky for them the QBs suck this year but I dont want that to be us next year.

I've been very impressed with what I've seen of Murray. Reminds me of Brees. Taj Boyd's another prospect.

Edit: Some guys are high on AJ McCarron, but I can't say I'm one of them, but I may change my tune next year.

Mc Carron reminds me of a young Brady. For some reason he has "IT", whatever IT is. When the chips are down, McC rises to the occasion. He is an end of game QB. He has the same look in his eye that Kelly & Brady have. He will be much, much better than any stats you may uncover that paint him lower than the other QB's coming out next year. To put it very simply, he is a winner.

I think Murray really thinks he can win something at UGA as well. The way that SEC championship game ended has to leave a terrible taste in his mouth. Especially since for 3 seasons the big knock in him was not showing up in big games

Murray also promised he'd stay for 4 years after his freshman year I believe.