The depth chart, as of 3/13/13

Pretty cool setup!! Am I the only one that thinks Bradham could be a player that breaks out this year? He's a big fast guy that could be a playmaker if allowed to attack the ball.

Still alot of work to do... hoping for a couple more signings tomorrow.

Why is Bruce Smith listed as a high need, and why is he on offense?! :P

Seriously though : Why is Mark Anderson listed as a high need for a replacement?

Not an every down guy.

Admittedly the chart is flawed, since I expect Carrington to get more reps, than him, anyways. Especially with his hand in the dirt.

Nice work on the graphic!

I would put Dareus as minimal right now. I think with better coaching from Pettine and just a locker room that calls for more accountability (hoping) that we'll see a better year from him. I think between Sheppard and Bradham at least one will surprise us pleasantly and average them out to high.

This of course is based on the 4-3 look. Regarding Dareus, I would still be confident of his play in the 3-4. Not sure what to make of Shep and Bradham in the 3-4 yet.

If he gets moved I'd like to see what comes from A.Williams at safety as well so between him and Searcy & Scott (if he's back there?) I think our need there is probably moderate to minimal. Gotta let the young guys get some reps :)

I think Bryan Scott will start at SS over Searcy right?

Especially since they went out of their way to resign him.

I think he'll be one of several roving DB's. As discussed here before, I expect nickle/dime defenses for upwards of 80-90% of snaps, with scrambled fronts, lots of backfield motion, and blitzes coming from (literally) every angle/player, on a seemingly random schedule--at least that's my hope.

which program did you set this up in? Kudos

Just photoshop. A graphic designer I am not. B-)

Nice work on the graphic!

I would put Dareus as minimal right now. I think with better coaching from Pettine and just a locker room that calls for more accountability (hoping) that we'll see a better year from him. I think between Sheppard and Bradham at least one will surprise us pleasantly and average them out to high.

This of course is based on the 4-3 look. Regarding Dareus, I would still be confident of his play in the 3-4. Not sure what to make of Shep and Bradham in the 3-4 yet.

If he gets moved I'd like to see what comes from A.Williams at safety as well so between him and Searcy & Scott (if he's back there?) I think our need there is probably moderate to minimal. Gotta let the young guys get some reps :)

Yeah, sticking it into a 4-3 look is massively flawed, but it's the way the depth chart is ordered on bb.com right now (with the exception of Lawson).

Dareus at anything other than minimal is atrocious.

I knew that would ruffle some feathers, but there's no denying he took a step back last year. Be it coaching, be it tragedy, doesn't matter. He's got some things to prove in 2013.

I made him "moderate" because if he stays on the path he's on, he might not even play out his rookie contract, but I believe he's fully capable of turning it around. Just gotta see him do it first.

This is a 4-3 look. If they stay in a 4-3 Sheppard will not make the team. He can't play MLB in a 4-3 and is not a nickel LB. If the switch to a 3-4 he will make the team and probably start. He may only see 20-25% of the defensive plays though even if the 3-4 is the base defense. Almost eveyone's base defense is a 4 man line with nickel DB. Most teams play that set 60% of the time. We may play a three safety look quite a bit too. I think we will see a lot of A. Williams and Byrd playing together. McKelvin is going to be great this year. Anderson will be a situational pass rusher only. Carrington will start opposite Darues at the DE's. Troupe/Wiliams will rotate at NT. Darues moves to DT in a four man line.

This is a 4-3 look. If they stay in a 4-3 Sheppard will not make the team. He can't play MLB in a 4-3 and is not a nickel LB. If the switch to a 3-4 he will make the team and probably start. He may only see 20-25% of the defensive plays though even if the 3-4 is the base defense. Almost eveyone's base defense is a 4 man line with nickel DB. Most teams play that set 60% of the time. We may play a three safety look quite a bit too. I think we will see a lot of A. Williams and Byrd playing together. McKelvin is going to be great this year. Anderson will be a situational pass rusher only. Carrington will start opposite Darues at the DE's. Troupe/Wiliams will rotate at NT. Darues moves to DT in a four man line.

Agreed. Completely.

I like the set up, but that roster's only going to win us 3-4 games. It's sad how our OL now looks. And here I thought losing Kelsay and Fitz would prevent us from dismantling it. Also, I like him, but McKelvin is a high need. He is not a starter. In fact, I would have put Brooks there.

Strong work Mr. Cat. Easier to process all this stuff when it's all in view.

No arguments from me though I do expect Dareus to have a big year. My two pennies tell me he just didn't have his heart into football last year. Given circumstances, it makes sense. You might consider making a new category for the QB. "Massive need" would work...and color it black. Since we're dead if we don't do something.

I echo the sentiments of the other posters- thank you.

Guys like Searcy and Bradham you have to hope step up and progress. Bradham showed flashes last year he belongs on the field. You could clearly tell on other plays he was out of position. If the coaches can focus his talent he is going to be a keeper. Searcy is a little more of an unknown as to what to expect. He can not use the 'rookie' excuse like Bradham or Graham. Graham also showed flashes of his talent last year. You can not expect every third rounder will turn out like Wilson.

I think the chart is fair based off last years production. I however hope our coaching staff gets more out of our players this year then last.

I also do not think the Bills are done finding another couple of starters through FA.