Has anyone seen this team worse off than right now?

depends on two things:

1. when are the average fa's going to come to grips with the fact that they are going to have to accept average contracts? (this would be where i would use the term "value")

2. what is your definition of solid? (in my opinion, a "solid" player is one that, while not being supremely talented, will give all he's got mentally and physically for the team)

1. The market is what it is. If your a good player, someone will over pay you to have you on there team.

2.What I consider a solid player? Someone who has been a starter for a few years. Someone who isn't a back up. I am not saying they may not someday become solid starters. But players who have played for a couple teams and still doesn't start, is not a solid player. IMHO. But I believe a solid player for the Bills could be considered a back up for a good team. It's all relative.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter really is ruining free agency for me. Everyone thinks because the bills aren't feeding every numbnuts with a twitter account gossip that they are doing nothing.

The Lawson signing proves we have no idea what's going on inside OBD.

We aren't a big media darling, we aren't hitting a top 5 target, and we aren't feeding info to the press so clearly nothing is happening

Exactly. No news from any media until the signing was done and he was in buffalo for almost 24 hours without a peep. I am sure they are talking with a lot of agents and they could very well have 1 or 2 people in buffalo and no one even knows. I wouldn't be surprised if gibson went to visit the jests and sign with the bills saying he visited the bills first and decided to sign there.

Not saying that is who I want, but they are being very quiet about what they are doing. I am sure the deadspin article had at least a little influence on them being THIS quiet.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

1. The market is what it is. If your a good player, someone will over pay you to have you on there team.

2.What I consider a solid player? Someone who has been a starter for a few years. Someone who isn't a back up. I am not saying they may not someday become solid starters. But players who have played for a couple teams and still doesn't start, is not a solid player. IMHO. But I believe a solid player for the Bills could be considered a back up for a good team. It's all relative.

i think even if a player is signed to be a back up, if he does it and does it well, he should be considered a solid player.

Chris Brown tweeted the Bills don't have much irons in the fire. Whatever that means.

i think even if a player is signed to be a back up, if he does it and does it well, he should be considered a solid player.

I think it depends on the team. A solid starter is greater than a solid back up, do you agree?

I have a feeling the #Bills are getting set to shop the clearance section in free agency. The point of analytics is value. So they are sitting back watching people over pay for the name brand.....then shopping the clearance when it goes on sale:) any savvy female can see the reasoning behind this :)

Chris Brown tweeted the Bills don't have much irons in the fire. Whatever that means.

I think it depends on the team. A solid starter is greater than a solid back up, do you agree?

absolutely. and it seemes we could use a good mix of both, so that's where i really hope that the people doing the interviews and offering the money are on the ball. with seemingly more holes to fill than money to fill them with, we really need to get value here. .

Not gona be many tasty roasted marshmallows

I have a feeling the #Bills are getting set to shop the clearance section in free agency. The point of analytics is value. So they are sitting back watching people over pay for the name brand.....then shopping the clearance when it goes on sale:) any savvy female can see the reasoning behind this :)

i believe this is what at least a few males believe as well.

I hate sounding so negative about this FA period, I know it just started. I just don't like the way it has started so far. I has not been easy being a Bills fan for the last 40 years. Please don't take my posting the wrong way. I do love this team. It courses through my veins.

absolutely. and it seemes we could use a good mix of both, so that's where i really hope that the people doing the interviews and offering the money are on the ball. with seemingly more holes to fill than money to fill them with, we really need to get value here. .

A lot of people here would blow all their money on a top end pair of shoes at retail price only to find themselves out of money and with no pants. Meanwhile, the guy they've been calling a cheapskate walks out in a full suit he got off the clearance rack.

A lot of people here would blow all their money on a top end pair of shoes at retail price only to find themselves out of money and with no pants. Meanwhile, the guy they've been calling a cheapskate walks out in a full suit he got off the clearance rack.

I like that analogy

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

From Tim Graham

The Bills have gotten worse since free agency began Tuesday. They've lost more than they've gained. We've heard myriad reports about how they courted new players who've signed elsewhere. Their quarterback questions have grown.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/03/buffalos-inactivity-180-degrees-from-whats-happening-in-miami.html

So I guess this means they are trying.

We are in "rebuilding mode" once again. They are trying to get younger at every position and will not spend a ton of money on overpriced veterans. They will try to rebuild threw the draft and add veterans where needed. I have been a Bills fan for 30+ years but I am too at my wits end. If I hear Ryan Nassibs name at the #8 pick, when we need linebackers, I will turn in my Bills jersey and be done for good. Frustrated fan!!!

We are in "rebuilding mode" once again. They are trying to get younger at every position and will not spend a ton of money on overpriced veterans. They will try to rebuild threw the draft and add veterans where needed. I have been a Bills fan for 30+ years but I am too at my wits end. If I hear Ryan Nassibs name at the #8 pick, when we need linebackers, I will turn in my Bills jersey and be done for good. Frustrated fan!!!

Not like we need a QB eh? lol

I hate sounding so negative about this FA period, I know it just started. I just don't like the way it has started so far. I has not been easy being a Bills fan for the last 40 years. Please don't take my posting the wrong way. I do love this team. It courses through my veins.

based on the contracts and Bills cap space, what would have made you 'feel' good?