Place your bets that...

nodnarb

1. The Bills will make a trade for someone's backup QB before the draft, giving away a 5th or 6th.

2. The Bills will NOT take Nassib at 8 as is the assumption, but a different (any) QB. (I do like Nassib.)

3. The Bills trade down and still get the QB they want in the first round. (I think this has the best odds.)

4. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in round 1 (I think this would be too big a risk for being left without a chair.)

5. The Bills surprise everyone and draft EJ Manuel.

6. Now that Jake Long has joined the Rams, the over/under (in days) before a St. Louis beat reporter known for his negative slant on the Rams will write an article titled, "Two Longs Don't Make it Right," is set to 3.

7. The Bills come away from the draft with two new QBs.

My guesses:

1. No bet - not likely.

2. No bet - not likely.

3. This is obviously what everyone wants, but there are enough blue chip linemen in demand to allow for it to happen. Easy bet.

4. No bet - too risky now that everyone alive and dead knows that the Bills have to draft a QB.

5. Something in my gut is rumbling about this guy, a bit off the radar, big arm, athletic. Small bet.

6. All in. Under.

7. I'll take that bet.

Edited by nodnarb

I actually dont really want to take any of those. With losing Rinehart and Levitre, my idea of the plans have changed. I think the staff is making this a two year project. They didnt like any FA QB that was reasonable to obtain and they dont love any of the QBs in the draft. I think we go O-lineman this year at 8 and slide Glenn to guard to fill our new hole at O-line. Then we take a LB or WR in the second unless we get a descent WR in the rest of FA. I dont see us risking ending up with a QB nobody on the staff believes in because he was the best this year and then sucking anyway and getting another top 10 spot and missing out on the McCarron, Bridgewater, Manziel, Murray draft to give whoever we have (EJ, Nassib, etc.) one more year in the system. I think they ride it out with TJack and maybe a 3rd or 4th round QB selection to compete and then go all in next FA and draft period. I honestly think they were gonna ride it out with Fitz or at least let him really compete ( and probably win) if he would have re-strcutred but he wouldnt. I think they told him "were gonna ride it out at QB this year and you can be apart of it if you restructure, otherwise were going with TJax." and he chose to not restructure and we cut him. Signing TJacks gave us some leverage in talking to Fitz so it wasnt like if we cut him we literally had no one.

I am usually wrong but this is what I think.

1. No -- they did that last year

2. No -- will not be a QB at #8

3. No -- no one is trading up to #8

4. No -- they will draft a QB in round 2; possibly trading up to the top of the round to do so.

5. It wouldn't be that shocking but I'll say no.

6. I guess every city has a Jerry Sullivan, huh? Even money.

7. After drafting 6 in the last 30 years, I think we need to start with baby steps. No.

1. The Bills will make a trade for someone's backup QB before the draft, giving away a 5th or 6th.

2. The Bills will NOT take Nassib at 8 as is the assumption, but a different (any) QB. (I do like Nassib.)

3. The Bills trade down and still get the QB they want in the first round. (I think this has the best odds.)

4. The Bills do NOT draft a QB in round 1 (I think this would be too big a risk for being left without a chair.)

5. The Bills surprise everyone and draft EJ Manuel.

6. Now that Jake Long has joined the Rams, the over/under (in days) before a St. Louis beat reporter known for his negative slant on the Rams will write an article titled, "Two Longs Don't Make it Right," is set to 3.

7. The Bills come away from the draft with two new QBs.

My guesses:

1. No bet - not likely.

2. No bet - not likely.

3. This is obviously what everyone wants, but there are enough blue chip linemen in demand to allow for it to happen. Easy bet.

4. No bet - too risky now that everyone alive and dead knows that the Bills have to draft a QB.

5. Something in my gut is rumbling about this guy, a bit off the radar, big arm, athletic. Small bet.

6. All in. Under.

7. I'll take that bet.

1. No Glennon or Nassib in the 2nd or trading back into late 1st

2. No

3. No we may trade back in to first round like we did for "Loss"man

4. No

5. No

6. Why not

7. Sure copy the Skins '12 draft we've only drafted 2 QBs since 2000 while the Pats have drafted 7.

left tackle in first round is my guess

Doubtful. Nix was giddy when Cordy fell to us in the 2nd and he did nothing that would suggest he can't be our LT long term. There's no sense in replacing Cordy and demoting him inside.

I actually dont really want to take any of those. With losing Rinehart and Levitre, my idea of the plans have changed. I think the staff is making this a two year project. They didnt like any FA QB that was reasonable to obtain and they dont love any of the QBs in the draft. I think we go O-lineman this year at 8 and slide Glenn to guard to fill our new hole at O-line. Then we take a LB or WR in the second unless we get a descent WR in the rest of FA. I dont see us risking ending up with a QB nobody on the staff believes in because he was the best this year and then sucking anyway and getting another top 10 spot and missing out on the McCarron, Bridgewater, Manziel, Murray draft to give whoever we have (EJ, Nassib, etc.) one more year in the system. I think they ride it out with TJack and maybe a 3rd or 4th round QB selection to compete and then go all in next FA and draft period. I honestly think they were gonna ride it out with Fitz or at least let him really compete ( and probably win) if he would have re-strcutred but he wouldnt. I think they told him "were gonna ride it out at QB this year and you can be apart of it if you restructure, otherwise were going with TJax." and he chose to not restructure and we cut him. Signing TJacks gave us some leverage in talking to Fitz so it wasnt like if we cut him we literally had no one.

I am usually wrong but this is what I think.

I have a tendency to go with you on this one but i think we go with a Warmack & leave glenn at LT he would be able to start day one & the RB's would love him lining up next to Glenn.

The rest of your post makes some good sense the WR corp is deep this year & i see us picking up a good player at that position & i think good QB developmental talent will be there in the later rounds.

But if the masters minds at 1 bills drive draft like they give out contracts (which of late they haven't) it could be all completely different come draft day !!