P Manning just cost the Broncos another 40 million

Mr. WEO

PEYTON = BOSS Don't hate...

I like Manning. One of the actual good guys in the league. I even enjoy his commercials--no stiff like Rodgers.

You can claim all you want that Manning chokes in the playoffs but he does just as much, if not more, than any other QB in getting his team there. And who wouldn't overpay for last year's numbers - 68.6%, 4,659 yards, 37 TDs, 11 INTs, 105.8 QB rating?

It's not a claim. It's well known for his career.

WEO...in fairness to you I do see you point. Truly I do.

However, I am being completely honestly when I say this; I would take such risk and I would take the regular season success even if it meant a likely failure in the post season.

Jim Kelly didn't win one Super Bowl, not one.

...I'd take that all over again for twenty million a pop without blinking if we were 10-6 and in the playoffs at the end of the season, let alone 13-3, even with a one and done playoff.

Yes, I am absolutely, positively THAT FREAKIN' STARVED FOR WINNING WITH THIS TEAM!

Go Bills.

As a Bills fan, I can see why desperation would lead you to this conclusion---by the mere smell of the playoffs....

My guess is that the mood would be different if, entering his 16th year in the league, Manning as a Bill was injured and his career ended before week 1 with 40 million yet to pay the guy (1/6th of the cap each of the next 2 years).

Man I dont know what happened to my post.... I hit the post button.

Anyway Peyton= Playoffs. I thought that was our immediate goal right now......

He did his part in the playoff game in regulation. The broncos defense cant stop an obvious bomb?????? Denver should have won the sb this year.

I would love to have the denver problem. Overpaying a legendary qb. Better than overpaying for a bad qb.

Get with the program Weo. You are wrong on this one.

Man I dont know what happened to my post.... I hit the post button.

Anyway Peyton= Playoffs. I thought that was our immediate goal right now......

He did his part in the playoff game in regulation. The broncos defense cant stop an obvious bomb?????? Denver should have won the sb this year.

I would love to have the denver problem. Overpaying a legendary qb. Better than overpaying for a bad qb.

Get with the program Weo. You are wrong on this one.

If he starts every game and wins playoff games each year, then I'll say I was wrong.

I don't have any special thrill thinking about "overpaying a legendary QB". I doubt Elway has this in mind either. Two more one and dones and he will certainly dump Manning. He would have to.

Passed his physical and got 2 more years at 20 mil--guaranteed. That's 58 million in 3 seasons?

Yikes!

http://espn.go.com/n...ocks-40-million

$58 million for three seasons of Peyton Manning

vs

$100 million for six seasons of Mario Williams...

I'll take Peyton, please.

Edited by Gibran Chandan

Yeah, I bet the Broncos are really regretting that one. Too bad their defense couldn't cover Jacoby Jones.

Not the Broncos, Rahim Moore. One of the most overrated safeties in the league, and a whiny scumbag.

$58 million for three seasons of Peyton Manning

vs

$100 million for six seasons of Mario Williams...

I'll take Peyton, please.

The Bills FO might have preferred that too, had they thought there was even a snowball's chance in hell he'd come here.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

You can claim all you want that Manning chokes in the playoffs but he does just as much, if not more, than any other QB in getting his team there. And who wouldn't overpay for last year's numbers - 68.6%, 4,659 yards, 37 TDs, 11 INTs, 105.8 QB rating?

Wouldn't we take those numbers in B'lo?

It's not a claim. It's well known for his career.

It's only "well-known" in the context of a few games - the 2009 Super Bowl vs. New Orleans (fourth quarter INT returned 74 yards for a TD), the 4-INT game he had against New England in 2003 (24-24 loss), and the 2012 38-35 OT loss to Baltimore.

If you actually look at P. Manning's playoff games, those are the only three where you could say that *he* choked.

--For a 9-11 career playoff record, in 5 of those losses Manning did not throw a pick.

--In the 2002 loss to the Jets, Manning threw two 4th quarter picks when the game was 34-0 and 41-0.

--In the 2004 loss to the Patriots, Manning threw a pick on the last play of the game when the game was already lost 20-3.

--In the 2007 loss to San Diego, Manning was picked off at the end of the 1st half (meaningless) and picked off in the 3rd quarter. There were four lead-changes after that INT.