Maybe we can talk Cleveland into taking Mario Williams?

There are some people on this site that you can never please.

I bet last year you thought it was the greatest thing ever that the Bills signed Williams.

Now, 1 year later, you want to trade him?

CBF

there were people that wanted him outright cut after about 5 games. never underestimate the power of the kneejerk reaction of some fans.

Would take 2 first rounders for sure, but no way would anyone offer that for Mario. Especially after last season.

not really sure why you think last year was that bad for him, he had 10 sacks. That's not bad.

Not that I'd ever want to make a trade. We haven't had a good pass rusher since Bruce Smith.

there were people that wanted him outright cut after about 5 games. never underestimate the power of the kneejerk reaction of some fans.

people are idiots. Yes, on this board they are huge idiots.

The Bills froze during day one of FA & cut our only QB. Knowing now that we're at least 2 years away from being decent, why spend all this money on Mario? We're better off diversifying our resources to other positions of need & not keeping the shiny penny.

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland & ship him off, we need the picks.

As long as they take Buddy Nix with him. Not gonna get two first round picks for him, lucky if you get one. Anquan Boldin went for a 6th round pick, and he doesn't have a monster contract that a team would have to take on. Edited by BuffBill

The Bills froze during day one of FA & cut our only QB. Knowing now that we're at least 2 years away from being decent, why spend all this money on Mario? We're better off diversifying our resources to other positions of need & not keeping the shiny penny.

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland & ship him off, we need the picks.

Geezus, it gets more and more embarrassing to be a bills fan every year...and no, I am not talking about the product on the field.

I know every team has ridiculous fans, but this team has more than any I have ever seen.

Fans - "Ralph is cheap and won't spend money"

Same fans - "No way we could sign Mario. We need to open the vault to get him here"

Same fans - "We should have never given Mario all that money. We need to get rid of Mario because he didn't get 29 sacks and 200 tackles"

I mean it's just getting stupid and retarted around here 24/7. One minute people are crying we don't spend money (when we do), then it's we shouldn't have spent that money (when we should have), then it's excuse after excuse for sh*tty players like Fitz while you villafy our actual talented players like Mario because they didn't set all time sack records, and then you can sprinkle in all the conspiracy theories like the refs are cheating us, ESPN hates us, they ony cut to commercial at the draft when the Bills pick, Ralph is trying tank to move the team, etc etc.

Geezus, you schizophrenic people just do us all a favor and jump off the ledge already.

If he was 34 years old, I might agree to trade him, but he has plenty of good years left and I really think he will be dominant this season. Terrible idea to trade him at this point.

You're missing the point. Whether he's worthwhile keeping or not (and he certainly is), contracts like that are NOT tradable in the NFL.

Geezus, it gets more and more embarrassing to be a bills fan every year...and no, I am not talking about the product on the field.

I know every team has ridiculous fans, but this team has more than any I have ever seen.

Fans - "Ralph is cheap and won't spend money"

Same fans - "No way we could sign Mario. We need to open the vault to get him here"

Same fans - "We should have never given Mario all that money. We need to get rid of Mario because he didn't get 29 sacks and 200 tackles"

I mean it's just getting stupid and retarted around here 24/7. One minute people are crying we don't spend money (when we do), then it's we shouldn't have spent that money (when we should have), then it's excuse after excuse for sh*tty players like Fitz while you villafy our actual talented players like Mario because they didn't set all time sack records, and then you can sprinkle in all the conspiracy theories like the refs are cheating us, ESPN hates us, they ony cut to commercial at the draft when the Bills pick, Ralph is trying tank to move the team, etc etc.

Geezus, you schizophrenic people just do us all a favor and jump off the ledge already.

I agree with your general sentiment, but the above is ironic.

As long as they take Buddy Nix with him. Not gonna get two first round picks for him, lucky if you get one. Anquan Boldin went for a 6th round pick, and he doesn't have a monster contract that a team would have to take on.

Need some help here. How do you trade a player owed 23 million in guaranteed money in year 2 of a monster contract?

My guess is you don't. And why would you?