paul ryan says what he really means

no, i'm talking about the fact that in real terms, ryan is shooting political blanks right now and will be for the foreseeable future excepting the unlikely event of a republican prez in 4 or 8 years that decides to give him a cabinet position a la john kerry. why repubs allow him to be a standard bearer at this moment in history is beyond me. as a progressive, i see an up side to the stupidity. as an american that really would like to see some compromise, i'm not amused.

It's natural that what Paul Ryan envisions is something that wouldn't make sense to you. You are way to the left and his budget is way to the right.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's natural that what Paul Ryan envisions is something that wouldn't make sense to you. You are way to the left and his budget is way to the right.

I would add that he is the "standard bearer at this moment" because there is absolutely no one in DC -- especially on the left -- who can challenge him on the numbers. Not a one. Which is why a community organizer like Obama is left only to sit him in a room with other people and use the bully pulpit to harrass him before he leaves the room unchallenged.

This "challenge him on the numbers" stuff is way overblown. Ryan's budget(s) are of no practical use to anyone in the nation. It's that simple. They are political documents that do not ground any real debate/negotiation in government.

Yes, and so is the senate democrats budget that includes a trillion dollars in new revenues and additional 100 Billion in stimulus spending. Which of course has no chance of ever becoming law. It's that simple.

Yes, and so is the senate democrats budget that includes a trillion dollars in new revenues and additional 100 Billion in stimulus spending. Which of course has no chance of ever becoming law. It's that simple.

the difference being, given the political realities (president and senate), this can serve as a starting point for negotiations. ryan's plan cannot.

the difference being, given the political realities (president and senate), this can serve as a starting point for negotiations. ryan's plan cannot.

Then you clearly don't understand the political realities yourself.

paul ryan is going to continue to marginalize the republican party by promoting budget policies that go directly against what the country needs, and what the majority of the country has already voted for

if hillary runs in three years we are going to need at least one of the houses controlled by republicans to avoid a runaway democratic dominated agenda. but the republicans, already a collection of cartoon character personalities at the top, are going backwards and are in serious danger of losing any kind of majority anywhere in national politics. its completely indefensible antics like this ryan budget that is going to cement total democrat control. i like hillary a lot but any party with total control is going to screw things up worse than a george bush jr administration. well ok maybe not that badly but still very bad

paul ryan is going to continue to marginalize the republican party by promoting budget policies that go directly against what a progressive kool-aid drinker like myself thinks the country needs, and what I think the majority of the country has already voted for

Clowns to the left of you. Jokers to the right.

If we had a president who knew how to lead instead of blame, we'd have had a budget four years ago instead of listening to people like yourself complain about something your own party couldn't produce.

A budget that proposes keeping aca taxes and getting rid of all aca benefits is not a startin point for either party

You are one slow thinking puppy.

No one disputes that, the point is that raising revenues by a trillion dollars, $100B in added stimulus spending and not reforming the entitlement programs is also a non starter.

Does everything need to be spelled out to you?

Exactly why is the Ryan budget indefensible?

I would also like to hear this explanation, but without the platitudes and parroted talking points.

Exactly why is the Ryan budget indefensible?

this answer is very clear by now. whomever asks it shows they simply dont care about the issues inherant in it - you (those who support that kind of governance) want money to flow to the top and stay there. weve tried that approach, its put us where we are today, with the biggest income gap in the last century. the rich getting richer and everybody else steadily losing ground. thats what you want, in fact, thats what you worship, but its not what i want and certainly not what i worship. in fact i think its disgusting and immoral. its just about the only reason im glad democrats are going to control the white house for sixteen straight years. but without balance in gubmint thats going to come at a heavy price. but if thats what it takes to get the crazy and immoral out of the republican party so be it

That's a great answer. I'm convinced.

lmao. you will never be convinced. thats why i dont usually bother to answer, its a waste of time. you want what you want, regardless of what it does to the country or your neighbor. theres nothing i can say that will change your mind and ive long since tired of shoveling sh against that tide

this answer is very clear by now. whomever asks it shows they simply dont care about the issues inherant in it - you (those who support that kind of governance) want money to flow to the top and stay there. weve tried that approach, its put us where we are today, with the biggest income gap in the last century. the rich getting richer and everybody else steadily losing ground. thats what you want, in fact, thats what you worship, but its not what i want and certainly not what i worship. in fact i think its disgusting and immoral. its just about the only reason im glad democrats are going to control the white house for sixteen straight years. but without balance in gubmint thats going to come at a heavy price. but if thats what it takes to get the crazy and immoral out of the republican party so be it

lmao. you will never be convinced. thats why i dont usually bother to answer, its a waste of time. you want what you want, regardless of what it does to the country or your neighbor. theres nothing i can say that will change your mind and ive long since tired of shoveling sh against that tide

It's a waste of time for you because you don't have any substance behind what you say. And when asked to defend your comments, you deflect, and when you do say something, all you come up with is empty platitudes and talking points.

Now that you've been debunked on your claim about the tax code, which proved what you said was a crock of ****. Explain to us in detail how the tax code is allowing more money to "flow to the top"?

Keep in mind, here are the facts:

http://taxfoundation.org/article/summary-latest-federal-individual-income-tax-data-0

That is data compiled from the IRS

Enough of the vapid talking points, Now back up what you say with factual data

Edited by Magox

you (those who support that kind of governance) want money to flow to the top and stay there

That's only what we want when we're done tying Nell to the train tracks.

Everything you write is borderline progressive kool-aid spittle...and we're supposed to believe you're an independent who voted Republican for the past two elections?

That's some priceless crap, mi amigo. :lol: :lol:

once again just to refresh the memory of ppl with any ability to reason, i am an independant and voted for republicans the last two presidential elections

You are, of course, certainly able to call yourself an independent if you wish, but your posts (to people who are able to reason.....LOL) certainly show that you are not open-minded and anti-conservative .

paul ryan is going to continue to marginalize the republican party by promoting budget policies that go directly against what the country needs, and what the majority of the country has already voted for

if hillary runs in three years we are going to need at least one of the houses controlled by republicans to avoid a runaway democratic dominated agenda. but the republicans, already a collection of cartoon character personalities at the top, are going backwards and are in serious danger of losing any kind of majority anywhere in national politics. its completely indefensible antics like this ryan budget that is going to cement total democrat control. i like hillary a lot but any party with total control is going to screw things up worse than a george bush jr administration. well ok maybe not that badly but still very bad

but feel free to keep spouting your same cliches, while declaring yourself above both parties.................no expects anything else.

Its sounds he meant that the ACA ruins the Healthcare system for Americans... I'll give him that... but really, is going backwards to what we had better?

My theory is that when 2014 hits, people will not see a Healthcare Apocolpyse like we are being led to believe there will be, and once people learn the benefits, it might even become like Medicare and SS, popular and favorable... I think that is the urgency for defunding, repeal and challenging it...

Now will it cost less... we'll refer to another thread that is ongoing for that debate...