paul ryan says what he really means

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how very appropriate...

LOL........how very predictable.

Whether you agree with his ideas or not, here is a courageous, serious man who actually puts out a specific, budget plan.

And what do we get from the liberal blogs and their parrots, smirking and silliness because Rep. Ryan made an error in speech.

Ignore the content.........look over there....."squirrel!!".........................sad

Ryan's new budget proposal would cut spending by $5.7 trillion, reduce the top tax rate to 25 percent, and balance the budget within 10 years.

The plan would make profound changes to government, bringing spending down from 22.2 percent of the economy to 19.1 percent by 2023.

Whether you agree with his ideas or not, here is a courageous, serious man who actually puts out a specific, budget plan.

And what do we get from the liberal blogs and their parrots, smirking and silliness because Rep. Ryan made an error in speech.

Ignore the content.........look over there....."squirrel!!".........................sad

Ryan's new budget proposal would cut spending by $5.7 trillion, reduce the top tax rate to 25 percent, and balance the budget within 10 years.

The plan would make profound changes to government, bringing spending down from 22.2 percent of the economy to 19.1 percent by 2023.

i read the content that he apparently meant to say as well. when do you suppose he'll realize that his party just lost got smoked in an election, with him and others just like him responsible for a sizable part of the outcome?

Gee, looks like it's that time of year again when the WH can't release a budget so they send their minions after the people who ARE willing to produce a budget.

Dance, minion! Dance! Maddow demands you dance!!!

it wasn't that funny but it did make me chuckle while shaking my head back and forth.

i read the content that he apparently meant to say as well. when do you suppose he'll realize that his party just lost got smoked in an election, with him and others just like him responsible for a sizable part of the outcome?

Hold on a second, you mean all those attack ads about the war on women, Romney being a vulture capitalist, Bain capital responsible for killing people, questioning whether he paid taxes or not, shipping jobs overseas wasn't a large reason why he won the elections.? Or Romney's stance on immigration?

Please, let's not delude ourselves, exit polls actually showed people liked Romney's plans for the economy more so than Obama. So your point is invalid

What I find to be funny is that the very same people who parroted all these attacking talking points from the president, "Bain Capital, tax cheat, ships job overseas, war on women etc". Now gloss over the central theme of their election campaign which was to discredit their opponent, all say that it was because he won the war of ideas.

Puhleeaase

Edited by Magox

Hold on a second, you mean all those attack ads about the war on women, Romney being a vulture capitalist, Bain capital responsible for killing people, questioning whether he paid taxes or not, shipping jobs overseas wasn't a large reason why he won the elections.? Or Romney's stance on immigration?

Please, let's not delude ourselves, exit polls actually showed people liked Romney's plans for the economy more so than Obama. So your point is invalid

What I find to be funny is that the very same people who parroted all these attacking talking points from the president, "Bain Capital, tax cheat, ships job overseas, war on women etc". Now gloss over the central theme of their election campaign which was to discredit their opponent, all say that it was because he won the war of ideas.

Puhleeaase

And when you attack Obama on what he says, he "misspoke" but when Ryan literally misspeaks, it's what he was really thinking :lol:

Courageous and serious for THESE unrealistic and vague budgets? Hardly true. Certainly the image they're going for though.

Yes, because reforming the entitlements is a really popular poll tested thing to do. :lol:

except that his plan has no chance in hell and he knows it. here's an example of political swimming against a very strong tide: healthcare reform. there was plenty of mudslinging from both sides leading up to the election. i think most people saw through it but i'll agree, it was a factor. a bigger factor imo was that a majority of americans didn't like the tickets vision for america. i'm not sure ryan was as big of a mistake as palin but it was close. .btw, some are characterizing ryan's misstatement as a freudian slip - maybe, maybe not but it was dumb.

. a bigger factor imo was that a majority of americans didn't like the tickets vision for america. i'm not sure ryan was as big of a mistake as palin but it was close.

Do you want me to post to you the exit poll data?

In CBS News/New York Times poll of likely voters taken shortly before the election, Mitt Romney had the edge over President Obama on the question of which candidate would do a better job handling the economy, 51 percent to 45 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57546031/early-exit-poll-60-percent-say-economy-top-issue/

Which ONE of these four issues is the most important facing the country? (CHECK ONLY ONE)

Total Obama Romney 5% 56% 33%

Federal budget deficit

15% 32% 66%

The economy

59% 47% 51%

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012-exit-poll

In other words, it wasn't the vision why they voted for Obama, it was that they successfully portrayed him as an out of touch, aristocratic, tax cheating, war on womening corporate fat cat.

Also, no one in their right mind agrees with you in regards to Paul Ryan being a drag on the ticket. No one.

Do you want me to post to you the exit poll data?

http://www.cbsnews.c...nomy-top-issue/

Which ONE of these four issues is the most important facing the country? (CHECK ONLY ONE)

Total Obama Romney 5% 56% 33%

Federal budget deficit

15% 32% 66%

The economy

59% 47% 51%

http://www.foxnews.c.../2012-exit-poll

In other words, it wasn't the vision why they voted for Obama, it was that they successfully portrayed him as an out of touch, aristocratic, tax cheating, war on womening corporate fat cat.

Also, no one in their right mind agrees with you in regards to Paul Ryan being a drag on the ticket. No one.

In terms of the political effect on the ticket, what voters did Paul Ryan ad? What soft Obama vote did he steal with his policy? What minority group or gender group did he appeal to on a superficial level? Romney lost Wisconsin so he didn't gift a state to the ticket. From a political perspective, Ryan was a complete drag on the ticket. Hell they basically had to hid him from the media on the back end b/c of his public position on abortion exceptions.

In terms of the political effect on the ticket, what voters did Paul Ryan ad? What soft Obama vote did he steal with his policy? What minority group or gender group did he appeal to on a superficial level? Romney lost Wisconsin so he didn't gift a state to the ticket. From a political perspective, Ryan was a complete drag on the ticket. Hell they basically had to hid him from the media on the back end b/c of his public position on abortion exceptions.

There is a difference between drag and what did he add?

Wisconsin is a historically blue state, all he added to the ticket there was a few points...

So the better way to have phrased would have been,

"Ryan didn't add anything to the ticket"

Instead what was said was

" i'm not sure ryan was as big of a mistake as palin but it was close"

Only a loony leftist would agree with this statement.

So I'm assuming you do?

There is a difference between drag and what did he add?

Wisconsin is a historically blue state, all he added to the ticket there was a few points...

So the better way to have phrased would have been,

"Ryan didn't add anything to the ticket"

Instead what was said was

" i'm not sure ryan was as big of a mistake as palin but it was close"

Only a loony leftist would agree with this statement.

So I'm assuming you do?

Well I'm fairly sure Palin was a bigger mistake but the argument could be made (not persuasively enough for me) that Ryan was in fact a bigger political mistake if you argue that someone else like a Rubio could have cut into the latino deficit significantly (if you believe that)...in any event you don't pick someone that has no net positive impact on purpose...and if you are Romney you probably don't want Ryan...

Edited by SameOldBills

Well I'm fairly sure Palin was a bigger mistake but the argument could be made (not persuasively enough for me) that Ryan was in fact a bigger political mistake if you argue that someone else like a Rubio could have cut into the latino deficit significantly (if you believe that)...in any event you don't pick someone that has no net positive impact on purpose...and if you are Romney you probably don't want Ryan...

Sure, I'd agree that there could of been a better political choice, such as Rubio... But that's not what we were talking about.

Sure, I'd agree that there could of been a better political choice, such as Rubio... But that's not what we were talking about.

What are we talking about then? Romney needed help all along it was obvious what kind of help he needed but he took Ryan anyway (who didn't help at all) and then he got crushed. Ryan was a drag on the ticket. It's a drag when one part of the team does nothing, even if they are supposed to fill only a lesser role.

Senate Democrats Finally Unveil Budget

After four long years, the Senate Democrats finally produced a budget this afternoon. They put it off as long as possible, but finally had to make the document public.

What is striking about the budget is that it contains absolutely nothing that is new. It calls for more spending, more taxes, more debt. It never comes close to balancing. It reforms nothing and changes nothing.

It simply demands more money from the taxpayers, and spends all that and more.

The Democrats are like a Neanderthal man found frozen in ice: unchanging, immobile, out of date and–intellectually, at least–dead.

{snip}

If the United States is in the midst of a fiscal crisis, the Democrats apparently are unaware of it. Their budget happily piles trillions more in debt on our children’s backs. Maybe they figure their own kids are rich, so the debt won’t matter to them.

In any event, they plan on a $693 billion deficit in FY 2014. Deficits of at least $407 billion continue thereafter, and rise in the out-years. But those projections are meaningless, as they depend on how the economy performs over the next decade. Which will be poorly, if the Democrats’ plans are put into effect. Still, if you take their word for it, they intend to add more than $7 trillion to the national debt.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/03/senate-democrats-finally-unveil-budget.php

What are you? A retard?

We're talking about this numbskull

no, i'm talking about the fact that in real terms, ryan is shooting political blanks right now and will be for the foreseeable future excepting the unlikely event of a republican prez in 4 or 8 years that decides to give him a cabinet position a la john kerry. why repubs allow him to be a standard bearer at this moment in history is beyond me. as a progressive, i see an up side to the stupidity. as an american that really would like to see some compromise, i'm not amused.