My kicker Vinny

This guy, Vinny C, made a 56yd FG. Don't forget in Arena the goal posts are as wide as a coin slot! I'm betting he's a little more accurate than Cryin' Rian. If I'm Lindell, I'm on the phone to Mayflower.

http://www.albanyconquest.com/news/news.php?ID=102

One thing though...if Donahoe doesn't sign this guy, does Tom wake up with the head of a Clysdale betwen his sheets?

PTR

This guy, Vinny C, made a 56yd FG.  Don't forget in Arena the goal posts are as wide as a coin slot!  I'm betting he's a little more accurate than Cryin' Rian.  If I'm Lindell, I'm on the phone to Mayflower.

http://www.albanyconquest.com/news/news.php?ID=102

One thing though...if Donahoe doesn't sign this guy, does Tom wake up with the head of a Clysdale betwen his sheets?

PTR

197619[/snapback]

Vinny C. I kinda like that better than Ryan L.

Vinny C. "ranked 6th in the league in PAT attempts converting 55-of-71"

He missed 16 PATs? I don't know a thing about Arena Football, so please let me know if this is nornal.

197642[/snapback]

At least we know Lindell can hit them from 19 yards out, farther than that its a crapshoot but he's been great on PAT's.

Vinny C. "ranked 6th in the league in PAT attempts converting 55-of-71"

He missed 16 PATs? I don't know a thing about Arena Football, so please let me know if this is nornal.

197642[/snapback]

NFL Goal Posts : 18.5 ft wide 10 ft high

Arena Goal Posts : 9 ft wide 15 ft high

Extra point in both leagues from 20yds out. It's not as automatic as the NFL

PTR

I don't know because I don't watch it, but isn't 56 yards longer than the field they play on?

197644[/snapback]

Field is 50 yds but end zones add 10yds at each end. To kick a 56yd FG the ball was spotted on his own 4yd line.

By the way, attempts like these are normal in Arena Football. There is no punting. You attempt an FG from wherever you are. There is usually a return man waiting if you miss, so the end result is like a punt.

PTR

NFL Goal Posts : 18.5 ft wide  10 ft high

Arena Goal Posts : 9 ft wide  15 ft high

Extra point in both leagues from 20yds out.  It's not as automatic as the NFL

PTR

197651[/snapback]

15 ft high? Makes that 56 yarder even more impressive.

NFL Goal Posts : 18.5 ft wide  10 ft high

Arena Goal Posts : 9 ft wide  15 ft high

Extra point in both leagues from 20yds out.  It's not as automatic as the NFL

PTR

197651[/snapback]

the playing field is 50 yrds... you can attempt a FG from your own endzone... which is where he hit his 56 yrder from. 56 yards is hard in the NFL with 10ft high and 18.5 feet wide... he made his 15 feet high and 9 ft wide :D WOW, that probably would have been good from 65+ in the NFL

but let's all remember... they play indoors with no elements and are only being rushed by like 7 guys...

you never know....

15 ft high? Makes that 56 yarder even more impressive.

197665[/snapback]

Agreed. I think a lot more kicks would be missed in the NFL if the post went up 15 feet. A lot more doinks!

That nine-foot width is pretty amazing.

I think we can all comprehend the difference between kicking for 9' wide uprights as opposed to 18.5'.

I'd like to point out however, that there's not much difference between the 15' crossbar & the 10'. Particularly on long kicks, where the kick has lost most of its forward velocity , that extra 5' doesn't amount to much extra. I'd say 2 yards tops.

On any kick inside of 40 yds, if you're worrying about the crossbar, you've got a problem :D

Sad but true...the sooner Lindell is gone, the better in my books.

197832[/snapback]

I agree but only if its an upgrade. Last thing we need is a kicking carousel like we had in the 3-13 season a few years back. Funny thing is one of those carousel members turned out to be a hell of a kicker in Shayne Graham.

Personally I would love to see the Bills resign Christie, no way it ever happens though.

I agree but only if its an upgrade. Last thing we need is a kicking carousel like we had in the 3-13 season a few years back. Funny thing is one of those carousel members turned out to be a hell of a kicker in Shayne Graham.

Personally I would love to see the Bills resign Christie, no way it ever happens though.

197845[/snapback]

Thats why I'm so high on drafting Mike Nugent...the kid is just amazing and I would actually say is better right now then 75% of the kickers in the NFL today. I've never actually been impressed by watching ANY kicker until I saw Nugent, he was absolutely destroying the ball on kickoffs and nailing 45+ FGs with plenty of room to spare. If we use our 2nd rounder to get him, we take another huge step forward.

Thats why I'm so high on drafting Mike Nugent...the kid is just amazing and I would actually say is better right now then 75% of the kickers in the NFL today.  I've never actually been impressed by watching ANY kicker until I saw Nugent, he was absolutely destroying the ball on kickoffs and nailing 45+ FGs with plenty of room to spare.  If we use our 2nd rounder to get him, we take another huge step forward.

197852[/snapback]

I agree 100%. We get plenty of Big Ten games in Michigan so I saw a lot of Nugent over the years. The guy is flat out the best kicker I have seen in awhile, I worry that he wont even see round two let alone the later part of it.

the playing field is 50 yrds... you can attempt a FG from your own endzone... which is where he hit his 56 yrder from. 

197674[/snapback]

You forget the goal posts are on the end line, just like the NFL. That means an extra 10 yds. A 56 yd kick would come from his own 4 yd line, not his end zone

PTR