Chase Daniel worth a look

He was undrafted. If he was a top ten pick other than height he would've been picked up - see Russell Wilson. Heck, colt McCoy.(....)

This is not Aaron Rodgers. He isnt a first round talent waiting for a shot.

Heh. I say he's a better QB than Gabbert, who was picked in the 1st round. That isn't exactly setting the bar too high, though, innit, based on how Gabbert has played? Has he played like a 1st round pick?

I don't think Daniel is a top-ten pick other than height, but I do think he might have something along the lines of a number of the 3-4 rnd QB.

My real point was in regard to the comment "he has 50 passing yards in his career. his peak accomplishment at the nfl is backing up a good qb".

I don't think that's a good metric for deciding whether or not a guy has potential or might be a good QB, because it could be said about a number of good, even great, QB.

That's my point. Arguing "he looks like crap in preseason, and 6 teams cut him 7 times" is a valid point. "He's barely thrown a pass in the NFL, his peak accomplishment is backing up a good (durable) QB", mmmm, not so much.

I'm not a Saints fan, so I don't know how he's looked in preseason, open practices if any, etc.

I am from Missouri, so I saw him in college.

I don't think the Saints would still have him on the roster if they thought he was total crap, but I'm not that familiar with how that organization operates, either

Heh. I say he's a better QB than Gabbert, who was picked in the 1st round. That isn't exactly setting the bar too high, though, innit, based on how Gabbert has played? Has he played like a 1st round pick?

I don't think Daniel is a top-ten pick other than height, but I do think he might have something along the lines of a number of the 3-4 rnd QB.

My real point was in regard to the comment "he has 50 passing yards in his career. his peak accomplishment at the nfl is backing up a good qb".

I don't think that's a good metric for deciding whether or not a guy has potential or might be a good QB, because it could be said about a number of good, even great, QB.

That's my point. Arguing "he looks like crap in preseason, and 6 teams cut him 7 times" is a valid point. "He's barely thrown a pass in the NFL, his peak accomplishment is backing up a good (durable) QB", mmmm, not so much.

I'm not a Saints fan, so I don't know how he's looked in preseason, open practices if any, etc.

I am from Missouri, so I saw him in college.

I don't think the Saints would still have him on the roster if they thought he was total crap, but I'm not that familiar with how that organization operates, either

Total crap and.... decent guy to have in the room who is reliable in practice and if we lose our qb were done anyway... are two different things. Drews been pretty solidly injured and had to play through as they didnt want to turn the team over to chase.

Chase has been cut 3 times by 2 teams already, the saints twice.

Under Payton Jamie Martin was replaced by a 38 year old Brunell who was replaced by chase who was put into open competition with a 32 year old Patrick Ramsey.... And now chase is being let walk in a cost saving move. One could say they haven't aggressively filled the spot.

At first I wanted to laugh at this but after Russell Wilson, I can't anymore. As others have mentioned, Daniel would have been a 1st round pick if he was as tall as Gabbert. He was a beast at Mizzou. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=53305

He also can move a little bit as well. As long as we draft a QB high, I see zero reason why the Bills shouldn't bring in as many QB options as possible.

Please no, thurman just replie on twitter to Schefter and I couldn't agree more. What happened to kolb and Flynn? Weren't they suppose to be studs after leaving? They left the system that suited them best and their success went away. I don't want Daniel because he's coming to the bills. I just don't want another Flynn or kolb and yet again another setback for the team.

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

In fairness, Kolb sucked with Arizona but Flynn still hasn't proven he's not an NFL starting QB. In fact, he even looked pretty good in the pre-season this year. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone suggests Flynn and someone replies with the obligatory "Nooooooooo. Please God Nooooooo..." I'm not saying Flynn is the answer, but it certainly hasn't been proven that he's not.

Good analysis. You base this on.....?

This is the infamous McKelvin poster from today. He's obviously trolling.

Chase is a better option that Fitz. TJ, CD & whatever future failure we draft.

As evidenced by? We all agree fitz sucks. We get that ad nauseum. But, as far as a better option, unless that qb is in the top 20 of the NFL, they're not a better option. The other options are bull s#it.... just flinging crap at a wall and hoping something is gonna stick. The best option is to draft a rookie and develop him. Teams and fans will have patience for 2-3 years.They realize he's not a finished product. But a vet that's been in the league for two or more years, the team and fans expect an immediate and positive result. That aint happening with Daniel or any other vet FA the Bills foolishly "chase"... and there's no evidence to suggest otherwise. No team is gonna offer Daniel starter money. That's fact that you can take to the bank.