Iditarod 2013

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused Jim...how were his comments nasty?

Calling woman about to go on a wilderness race though the heart of Alaska in winter, which I am certain would kill mr faustus in a few miles[if he ever worked up the nerve to try it] as "being beaten by shovels" is nasty.

Maybe strippier pole girls are more his style.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Probably not to someone who needs to get nasty on a iditarod thread.

:cry:

Calling woman about to go on a wilderness race though the heart of Alaska in winter, which I am certain would kill mr faustus in a few miles[if he ever worked up the nerve to try it] as "being beaten by shovels" is nasty.

Maybe strippier pole girls are more his style.

And I'm the one taking this personal. :rolleyes:

And I'm the one taking this personal. :rolleyes:

Yes...it's pretty apparent to the common observer that the female dog mushers aren't necessarily the most attractive women in the wide world of sports. Now, if Jim's friend or relative was one of the women who was the victim of your "joke," I would understand his response. Otherwise, I say get a sense of humor.

Yes...it's pretty apparent to the common observer that the female dog mushers aren't necessarily the most attractive women in the wide world of sports. Now, if Jim's friend or relative was one of the women who was the victim of your "joke," I would understand his response. Otherwise, I say get a sense of humor.

Don't know any of them. I do admire their guts and courage however and found the remark crude and childish.

Don't know any of them. I do admire their guts and courage however and found the remark crude and childish.

Fair enough Jim.

Rudy successfully departed Willow with his team at 3:14 pm Alaska time. Hopefully he makes up some ground from his 38th starting position by the time he reaches Yetna (42 miles).

.....says the guy who just made a crude and childish remark about alcoholism among natives.

So, you don't like it when people make cracks about others you happen to respect?

Isn't that ironic........

.....says the guy who just made a crude and childish remark about alcoholism among natives.

So, you don't like it when people make cracks about others you happen to respect?

Not crude and childish when they admit it them selves. They know they have a problem with alcohol and so does every one else.

I was merely commenting on the fact that Johns post mentioned his friend needed a "nip".

Don't ya think? You might even say it's like rain on your wedding day.

Not crude and childish when they admit it them selves. They know they have a problem with alcohol and so does every one else.

I was merely commenting on the fact that Johns post mentioned his friend needed a "nip".

I was commenting on my friend, who is an Alaskan Native, who also likes to drink. Not condemning an entire culture of people.

Now, those of us who live in Alaska are well aware that the native population struggles mightily with alcoholism (among other things). That's just a fact. Jim...you have to admit, however, that you are being a bit hypocritical in this situation.

Rudy has dropped back from 35th to 45th place. According to recent reports, he has yet to leave the Finger Lake checkpoint (has been resting there for over 5 hours). I'm hoping that nothing has gone seriously wrong for him. Losing 3 dogs from your team is tough to overcome. It would be great for him to at least finish the race.

Rudy has dropped back from 35th to 45th place. According to recent reports, he has yet to leave the Finger Lake checkpoint (has been resting there for over 5 hours). I'm hoping that nothing has gone seriously wrong for him. Losing 3 dogs from your team is tough to overcome. It would be great for him to at least finish the race.

Sorry about the news. I will keep him in my thoughts.

Pretty good news....after a 6 hour and 4 minute rest (the guy is 67 for chrissakes) Rudy departed the Finger Lake checkpoint with his 13 dog team, and arrived at the Rainy Pass checkpoint after a 4 hour and 58 minute trek. He hasn't left Rainy Pass, so I'm assuming he is staying over night there and will be leaving for the Rohn Roadhouse checkpoint in the morning.

I was afraid Rudy might have dropped out of the race after such a long delay, so I was relieved to hear that he is pushing on. Rudy could make up some serious ground tomorrow, a many mushers take a 24 hour layover at the Rohn Roadhouse checkpoint before entering a long stretch of really treacherous terrain.

GO RUDY!!!!

Pretty good news....after a 6 hour and 4 minute rest (the guy is 67 for chrissakes) Rudy departed the Finger Lake checkpoint with his 13 dog team, and arrived at the Rainy Pass checkpoint after a 4 hour and 58 minute trek. He hasn't left Rainy Pass, so I'm assuming he is staying over night there and will be leaving for the Rohn Roadhouse checkpoint in the morning.

I was afraid Rudy might have dropped out of the race after such a long delay, so I was relieved to hear that he is pushing on. Rudy could make up some serious ground tomorrow, a many mushers take a 24 hour layover at the Rohn Roadhouse checkpoint before entering a long stretch of really treacherous terrain.

GO RUDY!!!!

Well there's always the red lantern award. Just completing that race is a hell of a achievement.

Well there's always the red lantern award. Just completing that race is a hell of a achievement.

Oh yeah, I think it would be amazing for him to finish the race.

Rudy is back in action though. He pushed through the night, arriving with his team at the Rohn Roadhouse checkpoint at 12:51am. He then departed Rohn this morning at 8:25am, and now is mushing one of the more grueling legs of the race (so I have been told); the 85 mile trek to Nikolai which is the first native village on the Iditarod trail. Rudy currently has moved up to 40th place, and has a good chance to move up even further in the standings with a good run today.

Doubly so.