Bucky Gleason's article on Nix...Do you agree?

Nix's Legacy  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Can Nix's legacy be saved with a QB selection?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if the Draft Pick ends up being a Top 10 QB

Doug E. Fresh????? What is this guy smoking??

Well if you are going to say that those finds were the work of the pro scouting then out of fairness and consistency, you must say that the drafts are about the college scouting and not him???? Right Simple Simon????

GM's oversee the whole deal not just the draft

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug E. Fresh????? What is this guy smoking??

Well if you are going to say that those finds were the work of the pro scouting then out of fairness and consistency, you must say that the drafts are about the college scouting and not him???? Right Simple Simon????

GM's oversee the whole deal not just the draft

Anyone scrambling to take credit for the worst seasons I've been alive to experience is pathetic. It's like running for the lead building inspector of Haiti.

http://www.buffaloru...itting-out-2013

decided to take the year off before the playoffs ended, and was actually contacted by atleast 2 teams. i think you will find how terrible this offense can be with chan. bills where noted with the best screen game in the league. why? because we have an average at best o-line, and our receiving corp is garbage. was chan cut out to be our hc, nope deserved to be canned, but you can't just say he was awful in every facet.

Chan Gailey was the worst HC record wise, worse then Dick Jauron, Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey. He hired the most incompetent DC's this franchise has ever seen! He wasted THREE YEARS on a scrub QB and had Buddy Nix convinced that he could win with Fitz, so Nix overpaid him when he didn't need to. So now the Bills don't even have that starting overpaid broken QB anymore.

The Bills are scrapping by to fill holes because of how poorly this team was assembled 3 years ago. When was the last time we even franchised a guy or reigned one of our better players without letting them walk after their first contract. For this alone I am glad he is here, and changing that could be devastating.

Most list the Jets the past few years as what can be done quickly to fill holes. Tannenbaum is out of a job, Sexy Rexy is holding on by a thread in NJ. They are even considering trading the best defensive player in the league. Their Salary Cap is a mess. Meanwhile we Franchise one of our best player, hopefully sign our best OL, grab Mario, and have enough cash to make a splash in FA.

What a load of crap! The Bills are scrapping by because Buddy Nix is an incompetent fool. He let Levite walk, let ILB Poz walk, let S Whitner walk, traded Lynch a 1000 yard / 10+TD a year RB for almost nothing. How many 4th round picks are starting that Nix drafted?

Buddy Nix inherited a 3 year 7-9* team, 6-10 team that needed a QB, RT, pass rusher, LB, a top WR, and did nothing in the draft to actually fill any of those positions with quality players. It took 3 years to finally get a half way decent LT, scrubs off the waiver wire at RT, and 100 million for a 10 sack DE. Fitz wasn't handcuffing the Bills, its the 100 mill to Mario that handcuffed the team more.

This team is far worse off now then it was when Nix took over and the ONLY players he drafted worth a damn are early 1st round picks. Pure and simple Buddy Nix sucks, all he does is band-aid positions over and over.

Edited by FeartheLosing

What a weird way to run a billion $$$ business! When it gets to the point that the argument for keeping Nix on the job for another year is that he has been castrated by the organization so others will be more influential in calling the shots (which is not necessarily true) then you know that the franchise is still in a troubled state. Expecting the person most responsible for screwing up the franchise to fix the mess he created is a continuation of the irrationality that this organization is well known for.

Jeez, I almost wonder if Wilson is intentionally screwing this team into the ground to alienate the fan base for some reason known only to him.

On a different note. If I'm Russ Brandon and I truly have autonomy, I'd hire Bill Polian as a consultant and actually listen to him over Nix. That alone would build the team properly and also help sell season tickets if the fan base thought the old master was back at the helm.

Buddy needs to do two things this draft.

Trade down and get some picks.

Take at least 1 qb early and a 2nd one later to increase your odds that we hit on at least one of them.

I'll be bummed if we take a qb at #8, even if it is Geno.

Personally, E J Manuel and Matt Scott would be the two I would target.

I'll give him an E for effort but the results are not there. If he would have drafted a damn quarterback last year there would be reason for optimism but that didn't happen either

Actually now that I have thought about it some more he totally screwed the pooch on the whole QB situation.

Signed Fitz to a big contract mid season when he should and could have waited until the end of the season when there was a larger body of work to analyze. If he would have signed him to a smaller contract it would have been ok but he was given the big $.

Put all of his stock in Fitz who wasn't taking anyone to the promised land.

Didn't draft a QB from last years great crop.

Traded a 7th round pic for T Jackson who never even suited up

Expected Fitz to bail him out by re-structuring.

Cut Fitz who like it or not was the face of the Franchise and probably the best available option for this season.

Now we have no face, no QB, no free agent to sign, questionable QB's in the draft. One of which Nix is counting on stepping up and saving his rear end.

How does this guy still have a job?

Edited by bmur66

I'll give him an E for effort but the results are not there. If he would have drafted a damn quarterback last year there would be reason for optimism but that didn't happen either.

How could some one expect any results if they have been graded with a poor E!.

Buddy needs to do two things this draft. Trade down and get some picks. Take at least 1 qb early and a 2nd one later to increase your odds that we hit on at least one of them. I'll be bummed if we take a qb at #8, even if it is Geno. Personally, E J Manuel and Matt Scott would be the two I would target.

Your first suggestion about trading down I've been saying for nearly two months.

Your second suggestion about Manuel and Scott I've been saying for a few weeks now.

If one of those 2 QBs are unavailable after our trade down I'd draft Tyler Bray in the 3rd round.