Nick Barnett's ridiculous ride

papazoid

I don't see the issue.... The vehicle only costs $55-$65k base, and it looks like all Barnett did was give it a custom paint job.

Yeah, the $500 in gas is a sticker shock -- but it was over 120 gallons! They said it gets ~10mpg, so he can drive over 1,200 miles before needing to refill.

The only thing I was confused about was why he's being called a "former NFL linebacker." He's still in the league, he hasn't filed retirement papers as far as I know. Nobody can sign him until the FA period starts, so ....

I don't see the issue.... The vehicle only costs $55-$65k base, and it looks like all Barnett did was give it a custom paint job.

Yeah, the $500 in gas is a sticker shock -- but it was over 120 gallons! They said it gets ~10mpg, so he can drive over 1,200 miles before needing to refill.

The only thing I was confused about was why he's being called a "former NFL linebacker." He's still in the league, he hasn't filed retirement papers as far as I know. Nobody can sign him until the FA period starts, so ....

They can sign him any time. He is a released player UFA. There are no waivers, either.

The pick-up stripped down F650 is $55K-$65K. The "Super Crewzer" that this clown has is double the amount ... prior to his customizations. So, I'd say he's got a good $140K wrapped up in this, at least.

I will second Mrags' emotion ... "And these idiots wonder why they are broke when they're done playing."