If Geno is available at #8, the Bills could trade back for huge gains

The point I think people are saying with passing on Smith at 8 is that, there really isn't much of a drop-off from him to the Bray's of the world. If he's there at 8 and some team wants to give us another second we'd be fools not to take that deal. Not that I care much what the experts are saying on Smith and the rest of the QB crop, but what they are saying isn't good, and that should make you at least a bit worried. Lets face it, the MISTAKE if anything would be the Bills reaching this year. Go with sure talent at WR/LB, and draft a QB as a project, Manuel, Nassib, Bray, any of these guys will be there 2nd maybe 3rd round. Don't drink the Kool Aid, and to be honest I don't think Marrone and Nix are, so lets hope.

Tim-

Jones has the neck issue, Te'o has the imaginary girlfriend, and Ogletree has character issues. Patterson had one year at the major college level. They're far from sure things.

If Smith is available at 8 and the Bills pass on him he's going to have a Brady Quinn/Aaron Rodgers like fall.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing could be further from the truth. If any legit pro scout is putting this idea out there it is classic pre-draft chicanery.

Anyone who would base their opinion of ANY QBs ability to throw the ball on a few scripted attempts at the combine when there is a whole library of college film to evaluate, coaches to consult, and scouts to compare notes with, just doesn't know how to evaluate talent.

What matters most for Geno Smith at the combine is to impress teams during the interview process. If by any chance he's there at 8, and I highly doubt he will be, the Bills would be crazy to pass him up.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed 100%... :thumbsup:

I'm thinking the Cards go Barkley ahead of Smith and Smith will be there if the Bills want him.

I'd rather have Barkley - and I think some NFL teams feel that way, too. You just can't dismiss his success - more or less consistent for years - in a PRO style system. I think he's middle of the NFL in QB ranking year one, and instantly much better than anything we've seen in a LONG time.

I'd rather have Barkley - and I think some NFL teams feel that way, too. You just can't dismiss his success - more or less consistent for years - in a PRO style system. I think he's middle of the NFL in QB ranking year one, and instantly much better than anything we've seen in a LONG time.

Yeah, I'd like Barkley. How does AZ not take Barkley?? And something tells me G. Smith slides in this draft and is the guy who goes in the middle/late 1st to a team than trades back into 1st. I don't think there will be a market for anyone to trade up to 8 for a QB.

I know how people would like to get Geno but him being available could get us multiple picks this year, maybe even a first & second this year. I'd like to have the ability to pick up a few Corners or WRs, who's in ?

Sometimes in madden if I have a solid team and I have made an unrealistic trade for an extra first. I will perpetually trade that pick. You always get the next years first. So say I have an 11th trade back to 20th. Trade that back to 25th. Then the next year I have something like 6 picks in the first two rounds.

This is what the bills should do.

Sometimes in madden if I have a solid team and I have made an unrealistic trade for an extra first. I will perpetually trade that pick. You always get the next years first. So say I have an 11th trade back to 20th. Trade that back to 25th. Then the next year I have something like 6 picks in the first two rounds.

This is what the bills should do.

I agree, we're going to suck so we might as well get ready for the Johnny Football lottery.

How many years must we suffer with no QB before people realize that you MUST HAVE ONE.

Thank your lucky stars and select the kid if he's there at 8

So let's get one to high & wind up like we did in JP Losman & be where we are now in 3 years.

I would rather wait & take a QB later this year, Nassib is Fitz reincarnated, I have been reading that Bray is a project but has impressed more than any other at the combine. He has a big arm which we need & he may be there in the later rounds so we can focus on LB & WR in 1st & 2nd rounds ...

yeah only a 67.4% career completion rate and 98TDs to 21 INTs Geno Smith should be ashamed of himself being so erratic .

I don't know why people continue to think his collegiate stats will carry to the NFL. Again.

Look at this QB's college stats his last 2 years:

Junior Year

214 completions, 350 attempts, 61.1% comp. percentage, 2636 yds, 15 TDs, 12 INT

Senior Year

214 Completions, 341 attempts, 62.8%, 2586 yds, 20 TDs, 6 INTs

Those numbers suck if you ask me. But these stats belong to one of the greatest QBs of all time Tom Brady.

Don't bring college stats into ANY conversation because it means nothing.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday, for a franchise quarterback today.

GO BILLS!!!

It would be a rather bold move to pass on either Barkley or Smith at 8. and hope for a good shot around 40 42 for the next level QB.

We made that mistake before.

There really is no option for Bills is there ?

One of those fellas is at eight you take him and hope and pray you got the one that will shine.

Trade out of eight ? away from a qb?

Have to be one heck of a deal. above and beyond the trade value.

For me i would be delighted to have either. But I bet they wait it out.

And dont be too sure about Nix on the phone this time around. i bet he is limbering up already

Edited by 3rdand12