Lane Johnson - LT - Oklahoma

Kellyto83TD

picking at 8 you hope t get an impact player. looking at this draft a left tackle might be the best bang for your buck. personally i can not decide on geno very tough call but he would be one way to go. Adding a wideout would be great but from all accounts 8 is high for any of them , looks like a bunch of good ones could be left in round 2. That leaves millner, jordan or a guy like floyd. Taking all of this into consideration drafting a top notch left tackle is not unreasonable. For me adding floyd or daruis would be an nice fall back plan, Then again there is Geno Smith, gonna be a fun weekend

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that IF Levitre walks, the Bills have major questions at LG and RT and have 1/2 of a question at center. Even if Levitre stays, to me, they have a gaping hole at RT. Can this be filled by Zebrie Sanders or Chris Hairston?? I just don't know. But at whatever round, I'd love to see them take a guy to step in for Wood when he gets hurt and soften the blow if Levitre leaves.

I don't think the Bills are as "set" at O-line as a lot of people think.

Thanks Cordy for having a good rookie season and showing that you can be our LT for the next 10 years but we're going to draft your replacement for absolutely no reason at all because we are the Buffalo Bills.

This...lol.

How about Warmack and make this a monster line. I know the D needs work but we can't do this overnight.

Lets draft the best players in this draft. Best players plus good coaching = success. It's not going to happen overnight, gang.

I've read everyones opinions and mine is that it's just stupid. We HAVE lineman. We DO NOT HAVE WR's and LB's!!! You want to talk about deep position? Rushing lineman in a 3-4 or hand down in a 4-3 is even DEEPER than Oline. Give me a break. You're also much more likely to find a lineman later in the draft to fill the shoes of Levitre than you are a stud pass rusher or WR. Plain dumb considering the LACK of talent we have at WR, PassRush. I'd rather have a CB and TE picked over a O-Lineman.

I have to agree with NOT going O-line early. Glenn didn't just play decent last year; he was considered by most to be a Guard, and he comes in and starts at LT and has a very good year. Give him another year or two of training, learning, experience, and he might be a pro-bowl Tackle for years to come. Hairston and Sanders are also quite talented.

The WR and LB corps are SOOOO thin, comparatively speaking. We simply have to add at least 2 starting caliber LB's and at least one - but probably 2 - starting caliber WR's. We could really use another good TE. And of course, QB!!! If we cannot fill all our needs in this draft, at least we can load up on players where there is depth AND need - and that is defensive front seven and WR; both those groups are deep.

You can have the best line in the NFL but you really need an accurate QB to stand behind the line who can throw the ball more than 15 yards with accuracy and a few guys with hands to catch it. Our line seems good enough right now. We have more pressing needs.

Thanks Cordy for having a good rookie season and showing that you can be our LT for the next 10 years but we're going to draft your replacement for absolutely no reason at all because we are the Buffalo Bills.

For no reason at all? I know Bills fans are short sighted, they are more about hype than substance etc, but surely you can understand why UPGRADING Left tackle with a better talent is a good thing? Then you move Glenn to RT and you have bookends that are nearly unstoppable for 12 years or so.

So to help correct your statement it would be thus... 'We are not going to do the obviously smart football thing and draft an upgrade to the OL in its most important position because fans love the 2nd round pick from last year...because we are the Buffalo Bills'

Id never pass on a guy like Ziggy Ansah to take a LT when we already have a good LT already

Id rather take that DJ Fluker from Bama later on and let him compete for a RT/G starting spot.

What happens, God forbid, if Cordy goes down for the season? Do you really want Pears and Hairston protecting your new QB? Draft Johnson or Fisher and if the aforementioned happens I'd rather have Johnson and Hairston/Pears as opposed to Hairston and Pears.

All I know is that IF Levitre walks, the Bills have major questions at LG and RT and have 1/2 of a question at center. Even if Levitre stays, to me, they have a gaping hole at RT. Can this be filled by Zebrie Sanders or Chris Hairston?? I just don't know. But at whatever round, I'd love to see them take a guy to step in for Wood when he gets hurt and soften the blow if Levitre leaves.

I don't think the Bills are as "set" at O-line as a lot of people think.

I wouldn't mind a trade down scenario where we pick up DJ Fluker & another pick. That guy's a road grater that could open up running lanes for CJ.

If Levitre walks, Warmack would fill a need and have a good chance to be BPA as well assuming he isn't off the board already. At 8, Warmack, Patterson, and a couple of the LB/DE guys will be available. No need for OT at #8.

For no reason at all? I know Bills fans are short sighted, they are more about hype than substance etc, but surely you can understand why UPGRADING Left tackle with a better talent is a good thing? Then you move Glenn to RT and you have bookends that are nearly unstoppable for 12 years or so.

So to help correct your statement it would be thus... 'We are not going to do the obviously smart football thing and draft an upgrade to the OL in its most important position because fans love the 2nd round pick from last year...because we are the Buffalo Bills'

While your concept is reasonable you must realize this team needs at least two and maybe three new LB's to start - not just for depth and play ST's. They now have two WR's on the roster that can play WR. And that doesn't even address G, QB, and SS. Unless they sign 5 FA's they will take the best WR or LB/DE available at the time. I don't see them reaching for a QB at 8. It won't be a reach to pass on a LT and take Warmack, Patterson, or a LB (except Teo of course who will be a NFL bust).

If Levitre walks, Warmack would fill a need and have a good chance to be BPA as well assuming he isn't off the board already. At 8, Warmack, Patterson, and a couple of the LB/DE guys will be available. No need for OT at #8.

While your concept is reasonable you must realize this team needs at least two and maybe three new LB's to start - not just for depth and play ST's. They now have two WR's on the roster that can play WR. And that doesn't even address G, QB, and SS. Unless they sign 5 FA's they will take the best WR or LB/DE available at the time. I don't see them reaching for a QB at 8. It won't be a reach to pass on a LT and take Warmack, Patterson, or a LB (except Teo of course who will be a NFL bust).

You DON'T pass up a chance to get a starting LT for a guard, wideout or LB. The tackle protects the most important position on your team from heat seeking missiles like Clay Matthews or even Ninkovich. With Cordy and Lane anchoring the line you can draft a Glennon or Bray and not have to worry much of their perceived "pocket presence"

And Te'o will not be a bust!

I was thinking this too after watching the combine. Glenn played decent, but not great. I don't see him as ever being elite, which is why most didn't think he could play there at all. Considering our RT situation is below average at best (our short/quick passing game was predicated more on not having time to throw than it was Ftiz'a weak arm) I think we could do a lot worse than a stud LT. Fisher and Johnson look great... the QB's and WR's not so much. Not at 8. Even the OLB types have issues. If you want value at that spot, OT or that top CB might be the best ways to go, as unappealing as it may sound on the surface. There are worse things than having a dominant O-line, especially with a rookie QB.

Edited by Brainiac21

I was thinking this too after watching the combine. Glenn played decent, but not great. I don't see him as ever being elite, which is why most didn't think he could play there at all. Considering our RT situation is below average at best (our short/quick passing game was predicated more on not having time to throw than it was Ftiz'a weak arm) I think we could do a lot worse than a stud LT. Fisher and Johnson look great... the QB's and WR's not so much. Not at 8. Even the OLB types have issues. If you want value at that spot, OT or that top CB might be the best ways to go, as unappealing as it may sound on the surface. There are worse things than having a dominant O-line, especially with a rookie QB.

agree 100 percent