Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee

NFLDraft101

• 1 month later...

Why do you say that when they've already said they would like to trade down.

Because there is no need to reflect reality when you are trying to blindly blast the Bills' decision makers! (Note: sarcasm ON. I don't subscribe to the view that the Bills' front-office is inept, stupid, moronic, etc. I happen to think that the current front-office personnel have significantly upgraded the Bills roster talent. Yes, they have "missed" on Torrell Troup - they should have "known" that he would have back problems and Aaron Williams - while this depends on how he does at S, if they'd have called him a Safety when they drafted him folks might not have been blasting this pick as much...)

Because there is no need to reflect reality when you are trying to blindly blast the Bills' decision makers! (Note: sarcasm ON. I don't subscribe to the view that the Bills' front-office is inept, stupid, moronic, etc. I happen to think that the current front-office personnel have significantly upgraded the Bills roster talent. Yes, they have "missed" on Torrell Troup - they should have "known" that he would have back problems and Aaron Williams - while this depends on how he does at S, if they'd have called him a Safety when they drafted him folks might not have been blasting this pick as much...)

1.) Troup didn't look good even before he got hurt. Sometimes bad players' careers are cut short due to injury, too.

2.) They've gotten virtually nothing out of the #34 overall pick after 2 full years. Doesn't matter whether you call him a CB or S, that's worthy of skewering. (Particularly in light of the fact that the team really needs a QB and 2 good ones were picked at #35 and #36.)

1.) Troup didn't look good even before he got hurt. Sometimes bad players' careers are cut short due to injury, too.

2.) They've gotten virtually nothing out of the #34 overall pick after 2 full years. Doesn't matter whether you call him a CB or S, that's worthy of skewering. (Particularly in light of the fact that the team really needs a QB and 2 good ones were picked at #35 and #36.)

DTs often take a couple of years to show their stuff in the NFL and Troup has been healthy only his rookie year. Look, I don't want to completely let the Bills off the hook for the pick, but he has A LOT of what you look for in a DT: strength, effort, reasonable athleticism... Nobody could have predicted that he'd get hurt.

Aaron WIlliams falls into the same category as the OL about whom they say "try him at LT until he proves he can't play it and then move him to RT/G". Of course, not all of those guys pan out and it is no certainty that Aaron Williams will be a good safety. But, I think his skills will translate well there - he was a below average cover corner, but should be a good coverage safety and he does play the run with passion.

I just choose to "put myself in the Bills' shoes" and give them the benefit of the doubt. I also try to be realistic with regard to the true success rate of picks by round. Even at the top or round 2, you statistically only have about a 65% probability of finding a good 5+ year starter. See the link below for supporting data...

http://www.draftmetrics.com/files/draftposition19922011.pdf

not at eight if they have any brains.

After reading the pre draft luncheon transcript thoroughly i am fairly leaning towards , these guys are dialed in and full on for the draft.

Nix is the jokester but his boys are in "game on " mode and have done the work.

like the kid though. love to get more picks, put us in postion to have him on the Bills.

At 8 you take Tavon Austin if you go WR. Most value as a playmaker that creates mismatch and fear.

period.

oh yes. about the brains. they do. and more than a couple. keeps the jokester honest.

Edited by 3rdand12