Joey B steps up once again.

Hey, look everyone! A new poll that shows most people agree with Barack Obama's gun control measures, half of which start with lines such as "Increase government spending for..." and "Spend $4 billion in federal government money to..." and "Spend $30 million in federal government money to..."

Who'd have ever believed that more people are in favor of spending money we don't have to provide services that already exist or that should be provided at the local level???

America is on the president's side, and more importantly, the president is on the side of America. Because there's nothing we can't overcome if we just start every idea with "Increase government spending for...."

Jesus.

I would imagine most of those people who support "30M for rescue plans" and "4B to keep police on the street" see this as domestic defense, domestic safety effort and a well justified outlay. Conincindentially, one of the few reponsibilties of government is to protect it citizenry.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be that as it may, this is how our system works, good or bad.

actually, it isnt how our system was designed. those first ten ammendments were put there to protect minorities from just that, the inevitable tyranny of the masses, which can be just as threatening to natural rights as authoritarian rule.

actually, it isnt how our system was designed. those first ten ammendments were put there to protect minorities from just that, the inevitable tyranny of the masses, which can be just as threatening to natural rights as authoritarian rule.

That doesn't make any sense. For example, people vote for Conservatives, both POTUS and Congress because they desire conservative policies.... liberals are in the minority and can obstruct with procedurals such as filibuster.... the minority doesn't get steamrolled and unless a party has a Supermajority like the Democrats had in 2008, it is not easy to get anyting through to law (aside from bills that garner both R and D support from the start)

I would say the intent was making it hard to accomplish anything, protecting all citizens against a quick, regulation and law making government. Interesting that same protection makes fixing problems just as cumbersome and ineffective...

I would imagine most of those people who support "30M for rescue plans" and "4B to keep police on the street" see this as domestic defense, domestic safety effort and a well justified outlay. Conincindentially, one of the few reponsibilties of government is to protect it citizenry.

Not coincidentally, hiring police is a local issue. Do you have federal police running around your neighborhood pulling over speeders and responding to B&Es? Of course not, so spending money we don't have on something we don't need is idiotic. But idiocy matters little as long as you can pose a question that gets people on your side. I half expected the next poll question to ask "Are you in favor of everyone getting free ice cream on Fridays?"

So I'm sorry, but using a stupid poll to say "Look! America is on the president's side!" is just ridiculous and, quite honestly, while we don't agree on much politically, I would have expected better from you as a poster.

That doesn't make any sense. For example, people vote for Conservatives, both POTUS and Congress because they desire conservative policies.... liberals are in the minority and can obstruct with procedurals such as filibuster.... the minority doesn't get steamrolled and unless a party has a Supermajority like the Democrats had in 2008, it is not easy to get anyting through to law (aside from bills that garner both R and D support from the start)

I would say the intent was making it hard to accomplish anything, protecting all citizens against a quick, regulation and law making government. Interesting that same protection makes fixing problems just as cumbersome and ineffective...

im speaking specifically to constitutional rights, not so much to "policies." i figured it was more in the context of the thread.

Frankly, a shotgun should be a first choice for home defense, at least in my situation. What some of us take exception to is how he, and the rest of this administration, are constantly trying to tell us what we do and do not need. While I understand most of their kool-aid supporters require direction from them, the real world does not, so I suggest he say "A shotgun is a good choice for home defense because under duress it helps to take complete accuracy out of the list of things you need to have to defend your home" and then move on to the next question because, honestly, no one really gives a crap what Biden or Obama thinks we "need."

so, he's correct. it's just that you don't like hearing him (or me, who has made the same point here repeatedly) say it. guess what? we'll keep saying it just to wind people like you up. well, that and the fact that it's a salient argument on an important and high priority issue.

so, he's correct. it's just that you don't like hearing him (or me, who has made the same point here repeatedly) say it. guess what? we'll keep saying it just to wind people like you up. well, that and the fact that it's a salient argument on an important and high priority issue.

Actually, there's just a bit more to Joey's comment than "buy a shotgun." He also said something to the effect of aim it outdoors and shoot it twice. Might just be a a microcosm of the whole Joey B existence: Grab an issue, say something about it, leave the worst impression possible just hanging there.

Do you really support aiming it outdoors and shooting twice? Some of us would sneak a glimpse of just what the %&*^ might be out there in the field of fire!

i don

Actually, there's just a bit more to Joey's comment than "buy a shotgun." He also said something to the effect of aim it outdoors and shoot it twice. Might just be a a microcosm of the whole Joey B existence: Grab an issue, say something about it, leave the worst impression possible just hanging there.

Do you really support aiming it outdoors and shooting twice? Some of us would sneak a glimpse of just what the %&*^ might be out there in the field of fire!

i don't expect biden to be an expert on shotguns anymore than i expect dick cheney or sarah palin to be. which one of those 3 shot a friend in the face? the point is, the use of a shotgun for self defense is recommended by many well versed law enforcement groups and individuals.

i don

i don't expect biden to be an expert on shotguns anymore than i expect dick cheney or sarah palin to be. which one of those 3 shot a friend in the face? the point is, the use of a shotgun for self defense is recommended by many well versed law enforcement groups and individuals.

Then Plugola should have cited law enforcement instead of coming off like a know it all blowhard.

Even Trident had the good sense to cite "4 out of 5 Dentists" when it came to use of their product.

Let me say it again slowly so even a window-licker like yourself understands. My issue with Biden -- beyond the fact that he exists solely to make Obama look smart -- is not that he suggests shotguns for self defense, but that he is telling us what we need. I don't need Joe telling me what I need anymore than a female Colorado college student needs to be told she should urinate on her potential rapist, or use the buddy system to defend herself against a rapist because, as a woman, she'd be too hysterical to use a gun correctly.

What should be more concerning is that people like you DON'T get wound up when elected officials start telling you you do or do not need. But I guess some noggins just need to be told what to do in lieu of independent thought.

i don

Having some idea what is just beyond the hole at one end of a shotgun isn't a cry for expertise in weaponry, you idiot. Step back take a breath...now, admit it, Joey B says some mega-stupid things, and all too often. In fact, the points should be that one never takes up a weapon w/o some training, experience and a modicum of skill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...